Old 01-20-2010, 03:04 PM   #31  
Arkantana

S/C/G: 169/151.6/130

Height: 5'7

Happy Wednesday everyone,

So I find that I have a love/hate relationship with the snack machine in our breakroom. I miss it so! I also see it as the main contributer to my past sugar failures. It still teases me when I walk by so I've begun flip it off whenever I go by it

Hopefully no coworkers see me, or they'll know I'm off my rocker. Hee Hee Hee
Arkantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 06:59 AM   #32  

Green: I know exact what you mean. The first time I was on LA, the weight just fell off for me too. I know the plan works, and I can honestly say, that after several starts and getting frustrated that I didn't lose any weight the couple weeks when trying it alone, I know I only have myself to blame. Half the battle is a mind thing and I'm in the right frame of mind now too. It's slow going, but I'm not giving up.

Katie, where are you???

Arkantana: Great job at staying away from the snack machine.

Hi to everyone else...
SyracuseNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:17 AM   #33  
Start date 1/6/10 - Gold

S/C/G: 195/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

I'm having a hard time remember who said what...so many posts since I visited last!!
but snack machines are the work of the devil! I'm convinced of it!... yesterday I cleaned out the fridge and pantry of all things evil to the waist line! Up until then, my pantry haunted me with salty snacks! Kids haven't noticed yet...we'll see how long that holds up. Hubby and I decided the whole house in on healthy eating. The girls are average sized, no weight issues, so it shouldn't give them a complex!

laundry and bill paying day, it'll be a struggle not to munch.

have a good day!
MrsSassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:22 AM   #34  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

OK, so last night I did my usual Body Jam class (kinda like zumba) but I was late to it and only got about 45 minutes of cardio, so I felt like I should do another class - and there was a Pilates class in the Yoga room right after, so I went to it - BAD IDEA! It was taught by a male Russian ballet dancer who was a drill sergeant (but with a much softer yoga-like voice). Holy cow - there was no rest periods, and let me tell you, my core is the consistency of jello to begin with. Yikes. I felt like Shrek compared to the rest of the class.

I'm still not seeing much in the way of weight change, but I am hanging in there - maybe my body is thinking WTF? I am already starting to feel more toned, which always helps me stay OP. That and the fact that my muscles hurt so much that I really can't reach for any food helps too.

Budget season is upon me at work - STRESS! This is the worst I've seen it in my 20 year career in government. Our states finances are a mess, and it is now going to seriously impact the school systems. As much as you read that school budgets are bloated, and some are, we have been very fiscally responsible, which is going to decimate our programs now. If the governor gets his way, we will be looking at having to make 8 million dollars in cuts next year! That's the equivalent of closing a school. Ugh.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 09:56 AM   #35  
Start date 1/6/10 - Gold

first Kim.... you crack me up! I give you props for doing any class in a gym! NO way i'm get'n my cottage cheese tush in a room full of toothpicks.

Second...I keep hearing how the recession is over but I don't see it. Luckily my husband has been working steady but I fear that the ripple will hit us next winter. He's in construction and he's the superintendent of two jobs that were put into motion 2 years ago. this time last year there were 40 cranes in operation in the city of Chicago, meaning 40 high-rises being built. today there are TWO. Scary times across the board.
Old 01-21-2010, 12:53 PM   #36  
Back in the saddle!

Hey, ladies. Not much time to post this morning. I'll try to get back on and post later. I agree with MrsS, Kim, good for you going in there and working your core in a new class! The weight loss will come!

MrsS, nice job clearing the house! That will make it so much easier. I have been trying to coax DH into the same thing. My kids are very fit, son's actually a little on the thin side, and DH has strange eating habits. He could probably afford to lose 10-15 lbs, but on a 6'3" frame, that's nothing. He doesn't do well with "diets" per se -- much better at his own strange combination of eating better. But his triggers are not the same as mine, so some of the things we have on hand for the kids' lunches are things that make me crazy but he doesn't have any issue with. So ... I'm working on it.

Happy Thursday, ladies. Tomorrow is Friday!!
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 12:56 PM   #37  
Back in the saddle!

Forgot to post, I'm rewarding myself this weekend for meeting my first goal early ... hair cut and highlights for me! Yahoo! I think I'm going to re-set my 2/14 goal to 21 lbs since I already hit the 14 lbs. I'll update my ticker later.

Last edited by green0923; 01-21-2010 at 12:57 PM.
green0923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:28 PM   #38  
Kim - IP 9/10

Congrats Erin!
Old 01-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #39  
Start date 1/6/10 - Gold

WTG Erin!!!

I am so glad hubby is supporting me...he put weight on right along with me and said if I was doing it, so was he. It makes it so much easier for me that he is doing it too.

Are you cooking two meals erin? one for you and one for the family?
Old 01-21-2010, 01:51 PM   #40  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hello all. just wanted to stop by and say hi! not too much going on here, just a busy crazy life! still doing my workouts 5 days/week and keeping on plan. so overall, life is good. hope everyone else is well!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:16 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

I'm a bit sad that our threads don't have their own special area anymore. It seems like the end of a era.

Mrs S. There is a big difference between the recession ending and the economy being strong. I guess that is why it took us so long into the recession to notice that it was happening, that the economy was just so strong in 2007 that it took a whole year before we noticed that things were slowing down, and then they got so very slow that even a small expansion still feels pretty dead. It might take a year of the recession being over before we really feel that it is over.

I've actually been doing fairly well, as DH has been calorie counting and that has made me more accountable with what I am eating. I suspect I need a period of weighing and measuring carefully to get me back to honest portion sizes. It is so dang easy to let them slip slight higher and higher over time.
Of course my DH has 3-5 pounds that are really upsetting him. HA! I wish I could get so worked up over 3 pounds, but I seem to reserve getting upset for much larger weight gains.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 03:28 PM   #42  
Start date 1/6/10 - Gold

Barb...agreed

Last edited by MrsSassy; 01-21-2010 at 03:29 PM.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:01 PM   #43  
Kim - IP 9/10

Barb - I would love to be worrying over 5 lbs. Well, since I heven't seen a loss in a few weeks, I guess I am! My DH has about 10 lbs to lose - not even lose, really, he just needs to tone up - and he will do it in about 2 weeks. Sigh.

Mrs S - Hopefully your DH's work will stay strong. With stimulus funds, there should be more construction coming,it just takes time to get everything set before the impact is seen, unless something was ready to be done right when the funds were announced. I know some architects that are planning on some busy years to come. The problem here is that governments usually lag about 1-2 years behind any recession recovery, so our next couple of years are going to be harsh.
Old 01-21-2010, 04:54 PM   #44  
Arkantana

S/C/G: 169/151.6/130

Height: 5'7

Hey ladies,
Just have a little something to add about the economy. I work at the public assistance office and I have yet to see a decrease in apps for food stamps, medicaid, or cash assistance. I have seen a few of my clients get jobs but not many and not with decent pay or benefits. It's kinda scary to see these families that really had a nice life before (nice homes, great income, own business) that have totally went under and had to sell everything. At the same time, this was a good wake up call to those living outside their budget, including myself.
Arkantana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 07:46 PM   #45  
Alannah

S/C/G: 260/231/140

Height: 5'3"

Hey Girls!

I had 2 job interviews today so today was stressful to say the least. I don't do well on those things so I always stress over them. I am just starting my job search again so really if these don't pan out its no big deal...I just wanted the practice as I haven't had to do the interview thing for a few years.

Eating though not too bad lately. Not weighing myself though for another week. I wanted to get away from the scale for awhile.

I am still fighting the tail end of this dang tonsillitis too. I've got a third round of meds ready but I don't wanna take them if I don't have to. It feels like it may be getting better so I am going to hold out another day or two and see how it goes. If I never have another sore throat again it'll be too soon for me!

Did go get my passport photo done today so I can get that task done. I want to be able to go across to the US now and then where I am only an hour away but right now I can't where I don't have the passport. So got the ugly pic and now just have to print off the forms and fill em out.

Hope everyone has a good night and remember tomorrow is friday!
equinetcan is offline   Reply With Quote