Old 05-07-2009, 06:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 166/160/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Does the Company Still exist?

I was on the Pure Weight Loss plan and, as you probably know, they went out of business. I read many reports of various LAW centers closing as well, but am not sure if the business is still up and running at this point.
I saw something on the LAW website about LA to Your Door, but there wasn't much info and a friend tells me that she gets no answer at the 800 number.
Does anyone know if LA to your Door is for real? We have no centers in this area, but I'd love to be able to buy fresh product again.
Thanks for any info! --Sue
threegreygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:50 PM   #2  
on my way to satisfaction

S/C/G: 245/230/160

Height: 5'6"

HI SUE!!!!

We are here in Lancaster County and we dont have any either as you know.. My mom gets her LAWL bars of of ebay from a guy who runs LAWL out in California...

My mom too wishes there was one around here again.. She lost 127 pounds in a year and she has only fluxuated about 10 pounds.. She looks great at 130 pounds...

If you do find anything out please PM me and let me know
Thanks so much
Shannon1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 08:44 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 220/220/175

Height: 5'-8"

I live in Tennessee and we have numerous LA Centers here and i know from this website there are centers still open it is just not everywhere as it use to be. I have done LA for the past 8 weeks and I have 8 more weeks in my original commitment. But I to have purchased some things online and plan on continuing the plan with out going to the center.

Also my counselor told me there is a new plan they are releasing 5-11-09 that is more of a combination of the colored plans and numbered plans and that the counselors that have been using the plan for the past 2 weeks have had great success. The lady I work with lost 6.8 pounds in 2 weeks. She is very excited about the new plan. As I know she has to be to be able to sale it but hey I need all the help I can get.
sweetandspicy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:47 AM   #4  

Height: 5'2"

I just started at LAWL three and a half weeks ago at a center in Longview, TX, and have had great success (12.1 pounds gone so far), so they are still operating, just not as a large of a scale. I plan on continuing the plan after my commitment is over via the internet, so I hope the online option is real!
dawnita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:43 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 256/213/165

Height: 5'10

I just placed an order on line from the website for the juice, bars and replacement shakes. I sure hope that they are for real. I had great success a few years ago with them. All of the centers in my area shut down before I could reach my goal weight. To be honest I did not lose out money with them. The counselors at my old center loved me so much that I did not have to pay for more weeks. Now I have gained that weight back and it is time for me to get back on track. I will let you all know what happens. It is suppose to be delivered in 5-7 days.
SoulSista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:00 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 256/213/165

Height: 5'10

Hello I am just reporting back...I received my shipment today from la at home.
SoulSista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:02 AM   #7  
One Day At A Time

S/C/G: 173.5/ 156.6 /145

Height: 5'4"

Dawnita - We are neighbors! I live in Marshall! You have had better results than I have. I started January 2 and have only lost 10 lbs. I have stayed pretty much on program the whole time but my weight stays the same or goes up .5 at each visit. Because of the distance, I only weigh once a week. However, I don't cheat except for an occasional outing to Papacita's! What is your secret?? Good luck!
luv2clog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 09:37 AM   #8  

Height: 5'2"

Marie-
We are neighbors! That is awesome!
I LOVE Papacita's -- have not had the guts to go there since I started. Not sure what my secret is-- except that I am very overweight and miserable, thus very motivated to lose! I only weigh in 1-2 times a week; it is too hard with the weird hours the center keeps and my job. When I know I am going to cheat (ie: we are going out to dinner with friends, or having company for dinner) I try to not eat any starches for the day until that occassion comes along, because that seems to be where I overindulge the most! Good luck -- stay in touch. It is nice to have a local on here!
dawnita is offline   Reply With Quote