Food Lovers Fat Loss

You're on Page 2 of 5
Go to
  • A friend of mine ordered it and since she wanted my sister and I to join her in this program, I was able to borrow it and read through the program.

Here's what I thought:

First of all, part of the sales pitch is to eat all of your favorite foods while losing weight. Go to your favorite restaurants and eat your favorite foods while shedding pounds! BUT if you read the program, they really say to eat MODIFIED recipes. And at restaurants, ask for no salt, no oils, etc. Eat plain food basically. And ask for whole wheat pasta which I don't think alot of restaurants actually have. You can't just hit the diner and say "I'll have your spaghetti and meatballs special." You can't eat a normal brownie. If that's ok by you, then it's not a deal breaker. But their sales pitch is misleading.

Some food modifications required items I'd never heard of. My friend said "maybe you get that in a health food store?" But I'm not rich and I'm not going to buy special ingredients that aren't normally in my kitchen. Nor will I pay health food store prices for stuff.

The portion sizing could be more definitive. I like portions stated as "3 ounces" or "1/2 cup", not as "my fist" or a portion thereof.

Many (not all) of the suggested snacks are brands I've never heard of and again, I'm sorry, I'm not rich. I don't buy special foods and brands nor do I shop at Trader Joe's. I buy meats, produce and staples that are on sale.

They mention chocolate and wine but ask you to NOT drink wine or alcohol during weight loss. The chocolate part is confusing because they say stay away from chocolate during weight loss because it contains sugar, then put dark chocolate as a savvy snack. Make up your mind?!

They include exercise, which is good, but it seems like it should be a bit more. The exercise seems geared towards beginners and doesn't start until day 11 or 12 I believe. Then you exercise every other day. So alot of the 21 days you're not exercising.

I wasn't impressed. I was LESS impressed since I knew she'd paid way too much for this program. I won't be joining my friend on this program. This is just my two cents.
  • In order to achieve successful results in fat loss, the most critical factor is the personal commitment. Using a weight loss system is no different than trying to reach any other goal one may have for their life. Your success depends on your motivation for losing weight. You are more likely to succeed at losing weight if your reason is that you want to live a longer, healthier and happy life. You are probably going to fail if you are trying to achieve weight / fat loss to please someone else.
  • Quote: I SO have to come up with a weight loss scheme and sell it...there's MONEY in them thar hills...
    Kira
    LOL

Quote: In order to achieve successful results in fat loss, the most critical factor is the personal commitment. Using a weight loss system is no different than trying to reach any other goal one may have for their life. Your success depends on your motivation for losing weight. You are more likely to succeed at losing weight if your reason is that you want to live a longer, healthier and happy life. You are probably going to fail if you are trying to achieve weight / fat loss to please someone else.
    I agree
  • I Have Ordered The Program Waiting On Delivery. We Will See How Good It Is.
  • I had great success with WW a couple years ago, but it's been very hard for me to get back on that strict points system & start all over. I've gained all of my weight back plus 2 lbs.

I was on vacation last week & saw the infomercial for the food lovers fat loss program. I too ordered the program. The glycemic index, fast & slow carbs made sense to me. We'll see how it goes.
  • My DD and ordered the program and it came this week. I had WLS and basically do the SBD, loosely. My DH has lost 48 lbs on SBD and kept it off for a year. My DD has lost 28 pound since January and has kept it off with the SBD. I'm 21 months into my WLS life and loving it, but am constantly on guard about what I'm eating because there is always that fear that I will regain! My family needs more than just the meat and veggies that I eat, and my DD wanted new ideas and approach on maintaining her weight loss.

Now about the program. I made the Banana Oat Pancakes recipe that came with the programs today, but found that it was to thin to really do, so I had to add a few tablespoons of whole wheat flour to thicken it up. As for special products: brown rice syrup and other sweeteners, yes you can get these things at our local department store, but there is also a blurb in there about adapting to different kinds of sweeteners like splenda, stevia and so on. I haven't read the whole program, but do like the idea of the lower glycemic scale things and lower fats.

Reading this stuff had helped be from becoming complacent about what I'm eating and shaking up some of the things that can eat to make a more balanced meal for me and my family.

Is it worth the money? Don't know.....only time will tell.
  • Can somebody say differences of food lovers fat loss than other programs?
    Is it possible to compare with others?
  • I must admit that I felt the same way at first but then I thought about myself. I did alot of research on the FLFL and I found several websites with real people that is doing the plan or have done the plan. They give you support, motivation, and any info that you need to know about the plan. They even have a forum for thyroid issues, which I do have. I am not listening to negative people because that can keep you from succes at reaching your goals. Nobody can determine what's best for you, only you can. After a few months on the program just show a gorgeous after photo. Do a search for the plan on google and you will find the other websites with REAL testimonials.
  • The website that has real testimonials is myfoodlovers.com. I joined and received tons of support and info about the program. Check it out because I am the biggest skeptic. I don't have $120 to throw away. My cousin ordered the plan before I did and she's waiting on hers to arrive. Just don't let negativity get you down.
  • It's a matter of finding something that works for "you"
    I started "my own plan" on Jan 1st and have lost over 50 pounds. I feel so much better and have actually lost the weight without much effort. I have no off limit foods and I eat every three hours. My metabolism is higher and I no longer binge eat.
  • foodloversfatloss
    I tried to go to their website and I was unable to access it from the address I got on the infomercial OR from the address I found when I googled it.
  • TRY THIS WEB SITE chat.myfoodlovers.com
    THEY HAVE BLOGS THAT PEOPLE POST THEIR SUCESS AND ISSUES.
    LISA
  • My opinion on food lovers plan
    Watching this infomercial for the first time now. It really doesn't sound much different to me from other diet plans, like weightwatchers, or nutrisystem, other than unlike nutrisystem, you are using your own food. Weightwatchers doesn't restrict what you eat either, teaches healthier eating habits, and balancing meals.

I managed to lose 40 lbs in about 4 months on weightwatchers, and am very pleased with that result. It wasn't hard for me because it turns out, I LIKE a lot of the healthier options that came with it. Plus I could still eat most of the things I love, I just had to watch how much. Most plans require some changes because obviously what we were doing before didn't work, otherwise we wouldn't be fat chicks (or in my case, a fat dude).

Good luck to all

D.
  • New as of today. came across the site as i was looking for reviews of the product after seeing part of the infomercial this morning. I am skeptical ~ how can it be that "easy?" however, on the site it says if you are not satisfied than send it back with 8 weeks and they will refund the money except for S/H. we'll see . . . .
  • I was at their web site this morning, almost ready to order, when I read in the FAQ about ongoing autodeliveries of their supplements. Oddly, I hadn't seen any mention of supplements on the site elsewhere or in their entire infomercial.

I wonder if they guarantee refunds only if you take their supplements ... because I am NOT ready for ongoing monetary commitments to someone else's weird little lists of "supplements."

Just curious about this part of the program. I was excited last night but feel a lot more skeptical today. Since I cook for a "hungry-man" husband and teenagers on various "diets," it's been a struggle for me to keep the "right foods" in the house ONLY. I personally find it tough to eat a certain way if I then also have to cook differently for other people in the house. I dislike cooking as it is!