Old 04-30-2009, 09:43 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 318/294/Healthy

Height: 5'8

Default My Fat Smash Journey

Today is Day One

I am going to update here b/c I need a place to feel accountable and also would like tips. Feel free to let me know if Im doing something wrong but Im trying to follow the diet exactly but some things are a little confusing. Please also feel free to share your own journey, meals, tips, recipes, what have you. This forum seems a lil quiet but I know there has to be lots of people out there doing the fat smash!

DH and I are both doing it so that makes it easier.

I weighed in today 4-30-09 @ 298.6 which is a couple pounds higher than I have been weighing but its TOM

So wish me luck!

Wednesday Day 1 Phase 1

Pre Breakfast: Banana

Breakfast 1/2 cup oats made with 1 cup skim milk and some strawberries

Snack 1: few sprigs of fresh spinach and baby lettuce with 1 tsp light itilian dressing and 1 - 6oz Yoplait Light Yogurt

16.9 oz plain water -- this will be the hardest thing for me I like crystal light or koolaid in my water and I prefer pepsi

Snack 2 : Strawberries, grapes, and 1/3 banana AND 9 pickle chips AND 16.9 oz water

Lunch : 1/2 cup oats made with 1 cup skim milk and strawberries AND 16.9 oz water

Dinner: Red beans and rice (yuck)

Snack: Banana and Strawberries and 16.9 oz water

8 oz water

Hahahaha DH is a goober! DS has a box of cheeze its sitting out and Dh just comes over and starts munching down on them. Well Ds is whining wanting some and Im like give the baby some. Never dawns on me that DH is on this diet and shouldnt be eating them until he goes Oh crap what am I doing?!!?? I was like yea what are you doing you cant have those. Well he goes on about how I should have cleansed the enviroment. Sorry but DS can still have an occassional treat not gonna take away the cheeze its b/c we cant have em.

Yesterday evening was hard b/c DH worked late and thats a trigger for me.

Last edited by LookingForMeAgain; 05-01-2009 at 08:38 AM.
LookingForMeAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:46 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 210/180/150

Height: 5-1

Hello, today is my first day also. Its going well so far. Good luck and stay strong.

PS where did you get the weigth loss tracker?
ladybug142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:49 PM   #3  

You have to be a member here for I believe 30 days before you can get your weigh loss tracker.

Im so happy to find someone else who is starting today. Good luck!

I am NOT a fan of veggies or brown rice so its gonna be a challenge for me but Im hanging in there. Got about 10 minutes of excercise in too. Not much I know but I have health issues and a toddler so its better than nothing.
On my 4th bottle of water too! Yay!
Old 04-30-2009, 04:14 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 210/180/150

Height: 5-1

Cant wait to get my tracker!!!

Im good with Veggies, I have lost 25 lbs doing LA Weight loss. Im doing the 9 day detox to jump start my weight loss again. I lost 34lbs total but recently began to get relax and started to regain. So here I am detoxing.
ladybug142 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/158

Height: 5ft 7in

Good Luck! I'm on day 5 of the Detox. I'm actually planning to start back on EFS after the 9 days are up. I love most of the options that are available but I have been getting an occassional craving for a forbidden treat. I think I can last another 4 days though.
joyc21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:39 AM   #6  

Day 2:

Breakfast: Oats made with 1 cup skim milk and 3 oz light cinnamon roll yogurt mixed in. 16.9 water

Snack: Banana

Walked at steady pace for about 25 minutes

Snack: 1/2 can 50% less salt sweet peas

Last edited by LookingForMeAgain; 05-01-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 05-01-2009, 01:33 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 135/132/110

Height: 5'2''

Default Just started Phase I yesterday

I'm glad I found this thread - I'll enjoy the support!
So far, so good - yesterday I had a couple of apples, a can of chick peas and about four cups of green beans.
Today, oatmeal with an apple, and then another apple. (I'm out of apples now, so I can move on to a new fruit!)
I know you're not supposed to count calories on this program, but I can't help it - I don't feel I'll lose any weight if I go over 1,000. Luckily, that allows for a lot of fruits and veggies.
Here's a tip for a diet-friendly treat: Drain and rinse a can of chick peas, toss with whatever spices you like (sometimes I use curry, sometimes hot paprika), spread out on a cookie sheet and roast in a 350-degree oven until they're brown and crispy. Tastes as good as junk food, but it's still a legume with no added fat!
strebend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 09:55 AM   #8  

Yum thanks for the tip on the chickpeas I bought a can but wasnt sure what to do with them!

I didnt have time to update yesterday but Ive been 98% OP Ive had a couple very minor slip ups....

That said I know your not suppose to weigh till day 10 but I weighed today (start of day 4 so 3 days done) and Im at 292.6
That is 6lbs!!!

BUT Im only counting it as 4.2 since thats my pre TOM weight
Old 05-04-2009, 09:49 AM   #9  

Joy and strebend How you gals doing?

Im still hanging in....I did have a teeny cheat yesterday horrible I know! I made DS homemade pizza and I had just the tiniest piece. Didnt even taste that good. lol
It was just crust sauce and 2% cheese and Im talking less than 1/2 your palm of a piece but still I shouldnt have done it.
DH keep whining about being hungry so I tell him to eat! I dont think hes eating enough is his problem.
Ive only been hungry a couple times and thats when we werent home and I didnt pack enough snacks.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:50 AM   #10  

A tip for anyone doing FS
If you dont like unsweetned oats then cook your oats then add in some yogurt. Yum! I have been using Yoplait Light Cinnamon Roll and will put 3 - 6 oz in my oats and some cinnamon sprinkled on top. Very good!
Last night I had the cherry cobbler one and it was awesome too!

Last edited by LookingForMeAgain; 05-04-2009 at 10:50 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 10:02 AM   #11  

Just checking in I didnt end up logging meals here b/c a. havent had time and b. figured the blog would be a better place for that.
But Im still on track!
Thinking of staying in P1 a lil longer than 9 days......
Really enjoying it! Was 291.2 today ...I know I know dont weigh daily but I cant help it! lol
This is the first thing that has made my scale move in years so I am very happy to have found it!
Old 05-11-2009, 03:54 PM   #12  

298.6 on 4/30

289.8 on Thursday May 7

8.8 pounds lost

Then Thurs I had lunch out with a friend and diner at my moms
Friday I had my bday dinner with DH
And Saturday I did okay but I did have a bowl of mini wheats
Sunday I had a Bob Evans salad and 2 pepsis at my moms

Grrrrrrr I am so mad at myself for letting one lunch and two holidays send me into a spiral.

So trying hard to get back up on the horse todaY!
Old 05-12-2009, 11:59 AM   #13  

S/C/G: 157/147/137

Height: 5' 4"

You've done well so far. Don't beat yourself up about it .... it happens. I didn't have the best weekend either but it's over and done so as of yesterday I'm back on track and hopefully will see a loss this week.
SheilaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 12:04 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 282/267/140

Height: 5'6"

Great job on the 8 pounds. I just started the Fat Smashers today and hope I can make it through the first phase.

So far so good.
AniDan is offline   Reply With Quote