Old 02-04-2009, 10:34 AM   #46  
Amy

Hey guys!

I just have no luck. No snow days for me. Well, i just printed out my 20 page paper that is due today in order to proofread. I did cut my first class, but I have to go to my 1:20 one. I was hoping for today to be off for a recharge day. My house is a mess, the sink full of dishes, my life is mayhem!

Well, I was down 1/2 pound since Monday which is good, and i get to go to the gym today.

Hope you guys have a great day!

Joy- Krinstinx and I and now you are very close in stats... let's get some mini goals set!
JerseyMadchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 10:37 AM   #47  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Nicole- What does a normal Atkins food day look like for you?
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:01 AM   #48  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Katie.......yesterday looked like this:
B: a one minute flax seed muffin with blueberries
L: a grilled chicken ceasar salad from McDonald's and a side salad
S: 2 smallish beef sticks, i think they were slim jims
D: Shrimp scampi
S: a coule of pieces of Scott's homemade beef jerky
And lots and lots of water.

Now yesterday, I was rushing all over the place, normally I'd have a few almonds or cashews too. I also buy low carb bread fo times that I just need an open faced sandwhich or something. I also eat a lot of my homemade moz. cheese. I can have real cream in my coffee, and sour cream and ricotta cheese and all that yummy stuff. Some days I am barely hungry until I sit down to eat, but I do eat any raw green veggies freely. There is a website that Dr. Atkins' wife has that outlines the basics......and she is not a fan of using commercial diet products. I think it is the veronicaatkinsfoundation.com or something like that. I am anxious to add my next 5 carbs, but I have to wait until I get rid of my party pound.

Happy belated birthday, Barbara........see what I get for skimming?
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 11:56 AM   #49  

Height: 5'6

Man, just as I am getting back on track I find out I have to go out for lunch tommorrow for work! ARG!
But.....trying to plan ahead...checked out the menu for the restaurant we are going to. I figure if I decide now what I am having I won't be tempted by all the other things trying to decide once I am there. What do you think of this choice?

Spinach Salad: Baby spinach with sliced apples, dried cranberries and almonds. Topped with crumbled Blue cheese. And perhaps tangerine vinegarette dressing on the side?
Kristinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:12 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Kristin - your choice sounds delicious! Way to go with checking the menu out first - I still do this 1 year later. I would order the bleu cheese and dressing on the side so that you can control the amounts. Also, add chicken, it will make it more filling so that you won't feel hungry afterward.
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:29 PM   #51  

Yeah I am not a salad person really but this one sounds delicious! I think I will add the grilled chicken to it to make it more of a whole meal
Old 02-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

So yesterday was my 1 year anniversary for joining LAWL. One year ago today I weighed 186.6lbs - that's a lot for my 5'0" frame. I remember the counselor asked me how committed I was to the program and I couldn't give her a straight answer. I explained to her that I had tried every diet out there. I had tried working out, eating less, eating healthier, pills, drinks, weight watchers, diet books, everything! And I never followed through on any of them. I had tricked myself into thinking that I had been maintaining the same weight for several years, but in actuality my pregnancy weight was not a healthy weight for me to maintain! When she asked all the questions about how I felt about myself, how my relationship with my husband was, how I felt when I dressed in the morning, etc. I realized that I really was not happy with my life at all. All these years I had blamed my unhappiness on my ‘jerky’ husband, but in reality some of it really was me! Each time I went to the center I had different feelings, when I lost I felt great, when I didn’t lose or gained, I felt like they were looking at me like I had deviated from the plan, they always made excuses about that one frozen dinner, or that one missed glass of water, when in fact it turns out that it was just natural fluctuations of the body. Perseverance and patience has gotten me through this. Yesterday I went shopping for a dress for the weekend and tried on a fitted black dress in a size 4, I cannot believe the transformation (inside and out), I am truly thankful that I joined the program – even if they ditched me at the very end, I got the knowledge and plan to use it for the rest of my life! I am inspiring friends and co-workers on a daily basis and I hope that every single one of them and every single one of you will persevere, be patient, and get to feeling how I feel about life right now!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:47 PM   #53  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Julie.......congrats......and thanks for sharing your insight. You are so right.....perseverence is the key. We all think if there is something or someone to blame, somehow the problem is over.....but it is merely pushed to the side. One year can seem like such a long time, but really....it is only a tiny part of a lfetime....and now you have the rest of your life to enjoy your health. I dn't htink you were here (on the boards) when the whole whoohoo stick was introduced at JM's center.....but if you were near me, I'd shake that stick at ya WTG!
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:29 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Julie, You almost made me cry that was so beautiful and so true to my experience of this weight loss journey.

Kristin, You can go out to lunch and still be on plan. That is one of the keys to sticking with it. Finding ways to fit the plan into your life. It is all about making better choices and even when you are blown off track a bit, going right back to what is going to make you lean and healthy.

Joni, I went to spin class this morning... I had some onion rings to burn off. I suspect I need to go tomorrow too, same reason.

Thanks for the birthday wishes. I turned 48, yikes... time flies faster and faster every year. I had a great spa day for my birthday. Massage and facial and a makeup makeover... so relaxing, and my skin looks great still (OK for 48 year old skin)
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:57 PM   #55  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

Julie - Congratulations and well said. Weight loss is a hugely mental process, and self awareness is so hard to accomplish! WTG.

I thought about that same thing last night during TBL, when Jillian was hounding the greenteam girl (Laura???) and the girl said that she didn't want to love food more than herself anymore. The look on Jillian's face was dismay that anyone would love food that much. A lot of people would not get that, but I do, and am trying to change it.
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 02:37 PM   #56  
Joan

S/C/G: 180/169/155

Height: 5"8

Julie- Thanks for sharing some of your personal success! I really needed to hear that today. It seems like it is such a struggle some days to keep going but when i look back at where I started, I am doing great.
A year ago, I hardly exercised, now I have a treadmill, weights and have joined aerobics. The weight might not shed as quick as I would like but my lifestyle is changing and that is a success!
LAWL taught me how to eat properly and even though I am not on their plan any more I still weigh myself and watch what I eat. I think most importantly is that I write down everything I eat.
Anyways, thanks julie!
Hoochie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 04:35 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 223/ticker/140

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama Nicole View Post
Katie.......yesterday looked like this:
B: a one minute flax seed muffin with blueberries
L: a grilled chicken ceasar salad from McDonald's and a side salad
S: 2 smallish beef sticks, i think they were slim jims
D: Shrimp scampi
S: a coule of pieces of Scott's homemade beef jerky
And lots and lots of water.

slim jims, beef jerdky, McDonalds Chicken.....?? girl don't let the Salt Police find you!!! haha
zambejaly5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:26 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 263/243/150

Height: 5"6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyMadchen View Post

Joy- Krinstinx and I and now you are very close in stats... let's get some mini goals set!
Right now I'm looking to get back to 222...that's 25 lbs. I like the race to 20 challenge you guys got going though and would love to join in that next time.
joylove26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:50 PM   #59  

Joy, that is exactly my next goal! 222...that would be my 10% lost! I am hoping to get there by March 27...I leave that weekend for Dominican!
Old 02-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #60  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Hi just wanted to pop-in real quick! I got me a mini-van today! Im on my way to being a soccer mom! lol JK, Here is a pic, I am beat from all the car dealing, I will check back tomorrow!!
bradleys mom is offline   Reply With Quote