Old 11-20-2008, 03:53 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 208/202/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Overwhelmed/WW

So I am totally new here and must say I am a little overwhelmed with so many threads and posts! All of which make up a great support system, and of which I am wanting to take a part of.

My only questions is, are most here using Weight Watchers?

Is there anyone here trying to not just to lose weight, but make a lifestyle change?

I don't know much about WW, maybe it's something I should look into?

Currently I have a mini goal of losing 22 lbs in 3 months. Does this sound crazy?

Appreciate any ideas/tips thanks!

btw, I luv the smileys ...
hartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:02 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/187/140

Height: 5'8

Welcome!!!

It is hard to wrap your hands around! It's a very large forum.

I'd say the vast majority are calorie counters/healthy lifestyle folks. I'd really say making a healthy lifestyle change is what 3FC is all about. It's a common theme you will find here. There is a WW forum, if you're interested. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18

22 lbs in 3 months is about 1.8 lbs a week. A great goal!

Last edited by raw23; 11-20-2008 at 04:04 PM.
raw23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:27 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 235/ticker/199

I'm new too, and I agree with Raw23. Most of us are changing our lifestyles. I'm also a calorie counter, but I've done WW before too. I don't enjoy the meetings in my area, but if you find a good leader, it can be really helpful.

If you want to do this on your own, but with the support of us, that is an option too!
4me4mygirls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 04:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 237/165.8/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Is there anyone here trying to not just to lose weight, but make a lifestyle change?
Hee hee hee. *giggle*

Welcome to 3FC - I think you're going to fit in just fine.

I would say the vast majority of us here are lifetstyle/healthy/fitness people. Many of us started out coming here to diet and lose weight, but quickly moved forward from there.

As you read through the threads you'll see so many of us saying over and over again that you have to make a lifestyle change and a commitment - not just go on a diet. In fact I think I've typed something like that about 4 times today myself (which is kind of why I got the giggles at your question)!

I count calories and work to eat "clean" (e.g. stay away from processed foods, white sugar, etc.).

I think 22lbs in 3 months is a very reasonable goal, especially at your starting weight. That works out to about 1.8 lbs per week on average, and that keeps you well within the 1% guideline.

If you click on my blog link underneath my avatar, there's more information than you can shake a stick at about *my* journey and methods ... feel free to browse around and use what can help. But also for motivation and some great information, check out the 3FC maintainers' forum ... so many great stories from women who have lost the weight and kept it off!!

Welcome, again!

PhotoChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2008, 05:51 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 208/202/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoChick View Post
Many of us started out coming here to diet and lose weight, but quickly moved forward from there.
I am so glad to hear this! Thanks so much. And, yes I will be checking your blog out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raw23 View Post

22 lbs in 3 months is about 1.8 lbs a week. A great goal!
Thank you so much, I am hoping to acheive that goal!
hartbeat is offline   Reply With Quote