Old 03-01-2009, 10:18 PM   #16  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

I also am doing a lower carb exchange plan. I printed out two sets of meal cards from the TOPS website, and just exchange out some of the carb cards for protein cards.

I don't use the cards anymore, I created a little checklist and food log for my day planner, and use that.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:04 PM   #17  
Lil' Old Chick

S/C/G: 229/206/150

Height: 5'4"

I was wondering if it was that important to keep a written log of foods that I eat daily, where I could just close a window with the foodmover. I don't think I will ever go back and try to read my handwriting and look at past food logs.
I am working on incorporating the ABS diet with the superfoods and the foodmover. Good luck to me.
Me Too is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 249/249/155

Height: 5'9''

I used the foodmover a few years ago. At the time I wasn't very overweight (about 15 lbs compared to about 100 now) but I really liked it. It made it easy. I have thought about getting it online a few times since then.

I wanted to thank the person who posted the link to tops.org too - they have a lot of neat but simple tools. The exchange cards look like a fun way (similar to the foodmover) to eat a balanced diet.
hoosiermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:16 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 249/249/155

Height: 5'9''

Responding to my own posts -- I went ahead and printed out those cards and I'm going to really try. After eating my usual breakfast I can already show where I'm struggling - I eat WAY too many carbs and not enough protein. I'm sure that explains why I'm hungry all the time... I had 1 carb, 1 dairy and 1/2 fat. Not sure how to use the 1/2 fat but I figured I'd set that card aside and have another 1/2 fat later today.

I like the idea of a checklist too --- maybe after I use these cards until they are worn I'll make a checklist - I should know the exchanges pretty good by then.

I just know me and I do so much better with lots of support so I'll stick around the foodmovers and other exchangers here
hoosiermama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #20  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

For me a food log is important, but I don't always use it. Sometimes I just check off my boxes (so closing a window, definitely is the equivalent). Food logs help you see patterns related to what you eat, but the quick and easy, lazy way (as I call it when I just check off boxes) is ok too. I'm a lot easier on myself than I've ever been in the past (when I made things difficult for myself, and expected perfection). Second best, and even barely adequate are ok when you need them. Use the tools you will use, because if you make things more complicated than you find useful, you're not going to use it.

My new lifestyle motto is "don't make it harder than it has to be," so on days when I really want to take my time, write and even journal, and be analytical about my choices - I go the extra step - but when I barely want to pay attention at all, I do my easy way. It allows me a little less reason to cop out completely on my food monitoring, because box checking (or window closing) isn't much effort at all, so it's a bit harder for me to let myself get away with the "it's too hard," excuse.

I really do feel like I've had to create an alternate personality (though I think I got carried away and created several). But seriously, I have to "talk" to myself all of the time, and rather let it me the bad kind of "you're an idiot," talk I really worked on the "smart cookie" personality who keeps all of the other mes in line. When all the traditional diet tapes start to play, the smart me reminds the others that this really isn't rocket science, and there's no reason to get scared, paranoid, angry, self-hating, or irrational about it.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 12:38 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 207/200/135

Height: 5'8

My mom had that! I used to love pretending with it. When my sister and I were 4 & 5 respectively, we used to dress up in my grandmother's handmedowns and wear my mom's high heels, and we'd dance along with Sweatin to the Oldies with my mom. ^___^ She used to get soooo angry when we played with her food mover and spoiled her arrangement. X___x

She said it worked for her when she tried it, she lost 22lbs in the first month, then 12lbs the second month.
Casandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:25 PM   #22  

Hi, I'm new. Where can I find the Richard Simmons diet? It sounds very interesting and easy to follow, unlike some strict diets out there.
Destiny2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 05:36 AM   #23  
Lil' Old Chick

Google foodmover you will find it at richardsimmons.com for around $19.99 mine is gold, the new ones are purple.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:55 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

I just started on Richard Simmons yesterday-anyone else having problems accessing the web site today? I can't get on it at all-giving me error messages-I'm looking forward to the program

Last edited by maureen kempster; 03-09-2009 at 06:56 AM.
maureen kempster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #25  
Lil' Old Chick

I don't know anything about his web site, i guess you could join his clubhouse or something.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:21 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me Too View Post
I was wondering if it was that important to keep a written log of foods that I eat daily, where I could just close a window with the foodmover. I don't think I will ever go back and try to read my handwriting and look at past food logs.
I am working on incorporating the ABS diet with the superfoods and the foodmover. Good luck to me.
Good luck to you too Karen.

I would really love to get a foodmover but that is not in my budget for the moment. Maybe this summer when my heating costs are not so high (i live on $1154.00 a month).

I am currently trying to upgrade my kitchen essentials from cheap dollar store items that often need replacing to better quality items that will last many years. Once that is also done I will look into a foodmover but in the meantime it is my Deal a Meal cards.

I'm incorporating South Beach with my cards. It works great for portion control but I do miss having rice.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 01:23 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post
I just started on Richard Simmons yesterday-anyone else having problems accessing the web site today? I can't get on it at all-giving me error messages-I'm looking forward to the program
I don't bother with his website. It is free here and all over the web.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:08 PM   #28  
Lil' Old Chick

Jamie, funny I'm also trying to incorporate another diet into the foodmover, Im doing the ABS diet, and trying to eat as many of the 12 superfoods as I can daily, while keeping track with the foodmover, quite simple actually.
On RS website the foodmover is $19.99 for the new purple one, I have a old gold one, have you tried ebay for a used one?
So glad we are doing this together, foodmover buddies are great.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:11 PM   #29  

Quote:
Jamie, funny I'm also trying to incorporate another diet into the foodmover, Im doing the ABS diet, and trying to eat as many of the 12 superfoods as I can daily, while keeping track with the foodmover, quite simple actually.
Yes, I saw your posts about that. Other than the glutenous foods on that list (certain breads and cereals I cannot eat because I am Celiac) I try to eat as many of those foods daily myself.

Quote:
So glad we are doing this together, foodmover buddies are great.
I agree.

Last edited by canadianwoman; 03-10-2009 at 01:12 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 12:39 PM   #30  
Lil' Old Chick

Still going strong with my foodmover, certainly eating more fruits and veggie daily.
Love keeping track of what I eat without getting writers cramp. Just close a window, how simple is that.
I really need to exercise more, that's my main problem.