Old 06-17-2008, 08:23 AM   #16  

Good morning Everyone!
I spent yesterday recovering from the weekend. It was crazy busy! Friday night the girl' had a party at the dance school and then we went out for our anniversary (10 yrs.) I have to confess, I wasn't very good, Friday night. Saturday we had 2 birthday parties, where I was very good and Sunday we went out for Father's Day with the family where I was okay.
I didn't get on the treadmill yesterday, but I'm going to try really hard today to make time for it. I was doing so good last week! I stocked up on fresh fruits and veggies yesterday at the store. Actually, I did very good at the store yesterday, my cart was very impressive looking!

Dan - Happy Anniversary to you and your wife!

Dionne - I'll be thinking good thoughts for you and your husband Wed.! Good Luck to him!

BarbaraB - I hear you about the exercise and eating better. That's why I did so great last week! I was on the treadmill everyday and it really does make a huge difference in my eating habits. So let's get moving!

Alannah - I will keep your friend and her husband in my prayers. Hopefully they will find something to help him.

Have a great day everyone!
gonnabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 11:43 AM   #17  
I'm ready to get started!

S/C/G: 208/208/125

Height: 5'1"

Good morning everyone,

I just wanted to check in and see how everyone is doing.

Dan- Happy Anniversary!!!!

Alannah- I will keep you all in my prayers.

Gonnabe- That's the spirit just get right back on the wagon and don't spend your energy worry about the bad stuff you ate. I know how you feel about your cart looking impressive. I have gotten when I go to the store I look at buggies and then the people and think how could you eat that stuff it is so bad for you. I know that probably sounds bad considering I was one of those people and still have my slip ups. I just wish we could get it across to people to eat better.
Thanks for the good luck wishes for my DH.

He is gone on an interview this morning. They called him yesterday about 4:30 and someone else emailed him last night wanting to set up an interview. So, please continue to pray for us. I know that God has a plan for us. Thank you all for all the support for me and DH during this stressful time.

I hope that everyone has a great day.
ferrarimomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:12 PM   #18  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

*prayers* for you and your husband Dionne, I know there is a perfect job out there!

How is everyone starting off this week? I was back down 2.2 lbs so I think what I am doing is working.. I will see how the next WI goes. I am so busy but will try to catch up later.

*hugs*

Elizabeth
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:13 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Afternoon Everyone .

Ack i did horrible yesterday, definitely not like i planned. OK so i wasnt totally horrible but i ate a few too many M&Ms. We went to M&Ms world on sunday and i just cant keep myself away from them. Do you all notice that you feel horrible and down if you dont eat right? I was in such a down mood yesterday and i honestly think it was because i ate some things i wasnt supposed to. I just feel sluggish and different. Anyway enough of that. Today is a new day and i'm doing great so far.

Nicole - I had great intentions to do good yesterday but as you can see it didnt go so great. I find it hard to bounce back also after a day of not being OP but i did have good intentions to. I'm definitely trying harder today and i know that if i'm good today then the rest of the week will get easier. I'm glad to hear that you were good over the weekend and hope you are still going strong.

Alannah - sorry to hear about your friends DH.

Dionne - WTG on doing TO over the weekend. That takes strength. Yay for being 2.4lbs down, thats great. GL to your DH today & tomorrow, hope he gets something.

Barbara - GL with TO!

Elizabeth - WTG on being down!

Katie, Lois, gonnabe

Well i'll catch up with you all later, hope everyone has a wonderful day.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:44 PM   #20  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Good morning everyone

I hope you are all having a fantastic day!!! I am........I started my day by giving my beautiful grandbaby a tubby! Life is good. Here is a picture of her yesterday in a dress my mother saved from when I was a baby. How cool is that, huh?

In a few days I will take a picture of her in Emily's first dress and post it. It is so fun to dress up these little gifts from God

Dionne.....I will be thinking of you and your DH

Elizabeth......so good to see you.......and WTG on a great loss!!!!

Katie, Katie, Katie.........you ALWAYS come through for me. I forwarded the page to DH and he will probably go pick the stuff up after work. I am lucky living in such a metropolitan area........we have a ton of tree hugger stores around here......so finding the supplies should be easy. You know, I will never ever forget you now..........there are so many things in my everyday life that are thanks to you As I was making my laundry soap this morning......I found myself smiling away thinking of how very lucky I am to have you, and all of you as friends. So many of you have touched my life in so many ways......and although I will most likely never have the pleasure of sharing a cup of coffee with any of you.........you are in my heart now Oh, boy.....here I go........... But really......thanks again Katie.....for your recipes and soooooo much more

Ok, time to go change that laundry now.............keep your chins up ladies.....and Dan........one meal at a time.........eat for energy today
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 01:49 PM   #21  
Post-Master

Debbie.........didn't see your post, as it took me about a half an hour to get my post together.

So, as far as feeling crappy after a non POP weekend............this is what I think............I think a few extra M&M's really can't make you feel that bad......but your inner fat girl can be fueled by even 2 of those little bites of heaven. She is trying to get you......but you and everyone here knows you are way too strong for her. I am happy to hear you are better today. It is so hard not to let our brains (inner fat girl) bring us down when we are less than perfect. Perfect is a bunch of junk. It really is. It is too high of an expectation.....and we all do it.......a lot....but if you can keep in mind that we all make a few bad choices now and then and keep your chin up........everything works itself out. One bag of M&M's does not make you fat Make it through today.....and change your mind
XOXO
Old 06-17-2008, 03:01 PM   #22  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey all..

Hope everyone's having a good day so far.. Our anniversary night out was fun but frustrating at the same time..

We went to a local place called "Whisque" that is kind of an upscale BBQ and steak place.. We've been there once before and the food was incredible.. So I went with what I had last time.. NY strip steak... We started out with a light fruit and cheese plate.. Just the right portion...

Then the steak came and I could tell right away it was over cooked.. I had asked for medium and it was just about "well"... So I sent it back.. 10 minutes later another steak emerged and it was better, but not quite right.. I was hungry and it was "better", so I just ate it.. It was like eating two different steaks.. If you cut it right down the middle, the part on the right side of plate was "medium to medium well.. But when I got to the part on the left, it was definetely well.. So I told that to the server and the manager came over and was very apologetic... So they took my $25 meal off the ticket and gave us a dessert, which was nice of them... I won't tell you what they brought for us, but suffice to say it was good...

Other than that, it was a great evening... Thanks all, for your well wishes!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 04:18 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/125

Height: 5'0

Dan - you must tell us what the dessert was! Since I don't eat dessert, I can only relish in other peoples adventures!
jewljz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 05:35 PM   #24  
LAWL Salt Police

Uh uh... I'm embarassed...
Old 06-17-2008, 10:15 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

Dan you tease!!! You have to tell us!

I got a call today from the assistant manager at the COD. She called to tell me that the corporate office called and talked to them. They want to interview me about the possibility of doing an LAWL commercial! If that doesnt kick my butt back into gear then nothing is gonna work! LOL I'll let you know what happens!
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:30 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

Morning everyone!

Well i was good yesterday and 1 day being good makes it easier the rest of the week for me. I wasnt POP because i didnt get everything in but i didnt have anything that wasnt OP. I'm pretty busy lately and its hard to find time to eat all that food. Before LAWL I never thought i would have that problem.

OMG tho i'm getting pretty tired of eating the same ol'. I love apples and i'm not even in the mood to eat that. I'm getting picky with my fruit and meats, everything else seems ok. Maybe its the heat, i'll have to find a way to mix things up a little so i dont get bored. Maybe i need to try a new recipe. I'm not even in the mood to cook lately also so no inspiration there. Anyway enough of that.

Nicole - I'm doing pretty good staying away from those m&ms now . Its wednesday and i'm still holding on to alot of water weight, maybe thats the weathers fault also. My ring is stuck and its been fitting since i was 145lbs so i'm sure its water. - Your grandbaby is such a cutie! She's getting so big already. That dress is so cute and i cant believe its yours. How is your daughter doing?

Kim - Congrats on getting the call for a commercial. Yeah i think thats definitely motivation so get with it!. GL

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Last edited by Debbie24; 06-18-2008 at 10:30 AM.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 10:30 AM   #27  
LAWL Salt Police

OK fine...

They brought us this little mini-iron skillet with a freshly baked and still very gooey chocolate chip cookie in the bottom, topped with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream...

It was just horrible...
Old 06-18-2008, 11:37 AM   #28  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Nicole- Awww, you are such a doll. Lately I have really needed a pick me up, and you have been there for me. Thank you. About the cheese, yesterday I made ricotta and mozzarella and homemade whole wheat lasagne noodles. That was the best lasagne I have ever had. I used turkey italian sausage. I did use canned sauce. Tomates are so expensive around here right now that I just can't see buying enough to make a good sauce. So, if you really want to impress somebody, make lasagne. You will be so glad that you did!

So, my birthday is next week, and we are having a party Friday night. It is the summer solstice and a full moon. We are going to have a bonfire, make pizza, and have a good time. So, of course you are all invited! I am so excited. The summer solstice is going to bring in a lot of good energy to the planet. Dang, don't we need it!

Dionne- Sending good vibes your way to your DH and the job situation.

Jillian- Summer solstice is coming, things are going to start feeling a lot better.

Dan- Yeah, I'll bet that really sucked, LOL.

Debbie- Try making a melon salsa to eat on your grilled meat. I make mine with chopped cantaloupe, a chopped tomato, chilies, cilantro, lime, and little chopped mint. It makes me want to eat grilled chicken.

Kim- I can't wait to turn my TV on and see you on there!!!

Have a good day everyone!!!!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2008, 03:01 PM   #29  
Post-Master

Good afternoon everyone! It is kinda quiet around here lately. Is everyone too busy hogging down to type? Just playin'.....it's probably just the summer weather.

So, I have been really good since Maria was born.......and I am down about 10 pounds.....but now nothing for over a week or so. I know, I know......it will come.....but it totally sucks when the sclae is the devil. I'll just have to put it away for a while.........that usually helps.

Katie.........did you purchase tools for your cheesemaking? I haven't even really read the site, but DH did some and he wants to buy tools. You know how men can be.........

Dan.........you dirty dirty dog. I bet your dessert was YUMMY!!!! I hate you!

Hey, where has Liza been? Come out come out wherever you are.......

Alannah...how is your friend's DH? How is your friend? How are you? I keep thinking of you.........

Dionne...........keeping my fingers crossed for you and your family today. A man needs to work.

Debbie....glad to hear you are feeling hopeful again. You know, just this morning I was thinking of you getting so close to goal, and then I remember that you are nursing a baby......and I just want to step up my compliments to you. I nursed 5 kids, and I was always soooo hungry when I was nursing, that I never could stick to a diet. So, good fo ryou, girl!

Kim #2...........I hope we get to see you in a commercial. I think it is so cool how they have continued to support you! When do you leave for the beach?

Julie.....I know exactly what you mean about living vicariously through other people's food fun.........It took me about 10 minutes in the candy aisle last night at walgreen's to pick out a treat for 12 yo DD for babysitting It was sooooooooo fun!!!!

Eliabeth......how is your summer going with the girls home? How old is your oldest again? My three girls are 17, almost 13, and 10......and we are starting to feel a bit of the drama. For the most part they have been pretty mellow......but I think the hormones are beginning to take over..........

I miss you Amylou...........

Ok, time to get back to work.....or should I say TO work, as I spent the morning shopping with 3 yo DS. Have a great rest of the day, everyone
XOXO

Last edited by Mama Nicole; 06-18-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 03:07 PM   #30  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Nicole- I only bought some cheesecloth and a nice digital thermometer. I have been using my crockpot to keep milk at a constant temp for many hours like for yogurt cheese. Word has it though, that my sisters bought me a hard cheese making kit for my birthday, and that my mom may have bought me a yogurt maker, which is good for cheesemaking as well. I told DH that he should probably buy me a cow!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote