Old 04-15-2008, 05:50 PM   #1  

Default Peanut butter

Hi Everyone!!!
Has anyone found peanut butter that is low in fat and calories but still tastes good? Has anyone tried it on plan as a protein and still lost weight?

Thanks,
Heidi
heidz1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:54 PM   #2  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

Heidi,
When I have PB......I have the kind I love. I have used it as a protein, and still lost. I am a bit lost in my fatgirl phase right now.......but when I am working hard and staying OP, tasty PB is like a treat, and I sitll lose I know a few girls here use all natural PB's and love them. I like sugar, and I like Jif Plus, I am a choosy mom......
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:57 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 174.2/?/140

Height: 5'2''

i use regular PB. When i look at the fat and serving amt (OP amt) of the reduced fat it comes out the be more fat than in a serving (OP serving) of regular PB. The reduced fat one also has way more carbs & sodium than the regular.

When i was on LAWL the 1st time i would stall if i had PB so after i noticed that i stopped having it and would lose weight normally. This time around i have it probably every other day and i'm still losing (hoping not to jinx myself).

I should add that i only have it as 1/2P tho. I never have it as a full P.

Last edited by Debbie24; 04-15-2008 at 05:57 PM.
Debbie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 06:01 PM   #4  
mom to 4 girls ~Elizabeth

S/C/G: 188/see ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

I buy regular old organic nut butter of any kind. The peanut butter settles and needs to go in the fridge but if I plan for it, I set it out in the measuring cup and bring it to room temp. It tastes really good on anything! I am loosing on it and I use the 1/2 amount as my 1/2 protein every other day. *hugs*
4princesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 08:47 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

Peter Pan makes a whipped creamy peanut butter - 2-tbsp. serving has 140 calories, 12g fat, and 2g fiber. It can be tricky to find but it is really worth it if you can't live without PB ! Hometownfavorites.com has it if you are interested.
witchyonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:49 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 220/170/155

Height: 5' 8"

I use regular PB. the reduced fat has loads of sugar. I buy the natural not sugar stuff that needs to be refrigerated and stirred. Love it worth the points.
Tuesday Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 09:58 AM   #7  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

I use the regular PB too. The reduced fat may have less fat, but they put too much other crap in it for me to see it as a good advantage.

Since I still get the large portion sizes (until I hit 190, which is less than 30 lbs away), I buy the snack pack of the Jiff (I prefer Peter Pan, bit Jiff is the only one who makes the potioned ones).

I usually have 1 or 2 a week, but NO MORE THAN THAT. It is more of a treat for me. It costs me a full protien, but everything in moderation right?

I figure if it is something I really like and enjoy, I need to find a way to incorporate it into my eating. Otherwise, this is a diet, not an eating plan I can live with. If it slows me losing down a little, so be it, I am still losing and learning to make better choices that I can live a long healthy life with.
krjpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:26 AM   #8  
LAWL,nursing,red,no lites

S/C/G: 168/143/135 pre baby stats

Height: 5'1"

I prefer reduced fat peanut butter over the regular stuff. Like Nicole, I love the sugar, I can eat it by the spoonfuls! So in order to keep myself from having late night PB binge parties I buy the natural PB that Skippy makes. I don’t care for this stuff plain so I can control myself. I used to have PB for a protein daily and I knew it was stalling my weight loss, but it’s so convenient. I have a constant fight with myself to not rely on it. Does that make sense?? I try to only use it once or twice a week, but I know I shouldn’t use it at all because without question it stops my weight loss. I keep telling myself that once I’m on maintenance that I can use it again. I just love having a banana and apple w/ PB!
dawn78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:57 AM   #9  

I use reduced fat Skippy or Jiff or whatever I want it. I use it as 1 protein very frequently b/c I have 5 proteins to get in and a girl gets sick of chicken & fish!! I put 2T on 2 pieces of really good whole grain bread and have it for breakfast. Or I’ll use it w/ celery.

After reading this thread, I might go back to regular PB though. It sounds like that is the consenus.

I lose weight just fine when I am following the plan and eat peanut butter regularly.
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 11:43 AM   #10  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

I use RF Skippy too! I actually have it for breakfast at least 5 out of 7 days a week. On toast as a 1/2 pr. I lose just fine... but everyone is different!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 12:26 PM   #11  

Cecilia I just looked at your ticker and you are rockin'.

35 lbs! Good job girl!!
ChefsGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 01:47 PM   #12  
Cecilia

S/C/G: 205/Check the Ticker/155

Height: 5'2

Thanks Jill! I was actually down to 169.6 on Sat! I was soo happy! Yesterday at WI I was up 170.8. Hopefully I will be back down by thursday's WI. Thanks for your support!
cecil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 228 in 2006/185/160

Height: 5'4"

I was buying RF peanutbutter until I realized theres more sugar to make up for the flavor of removing the fat. PB never slowed down my weight loss and I ate it almost everyday either on toast or on an apple.
MomOfThreeTeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 02:49 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 188.8/163.6/150

We use JIF reduced fat. It still tastes good but has 3 grams of fat less and no increase in sugar.
frankkahle is offline   Reply With Quote