Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 08:06 AM   #16  

Way to go REALITYMOM!!! I find that I really WANT a salad here and there...and some veggies. It's like your body will tell you what it's missing. I knew I'd been a little lean on the veggies for a couple of days but then yesterday I wanted nothing BUT veggies!

You mentioned being "in control"...for me that's the real success in this approach to eating. The pounds lost (or not lost!) are secondary.
Old 04-03-2008, 08:58 AM   #17  
from Obese to Oh Baby! =)

S/C/G: 308/see ticker/200

Height: 6'0

Thanks ohcharlie! I also am surprised to learn what foods are actually pretty gross when you chew them 20 times, paying attention to the taste (fast food french fries....BLECH!) Learned pop gives me heartburn...go figure! My heartburn has almost completely vanished, another blessing for me.(used to eat 3 to 6 Tums daily! ACK!!) Yeah, the loss of pounds are nice, but feeling better & control is the BEST part of this system!
Old 04-03-2008, 10:55 AM   #18  

Hey, I just wanted to jump in and tell my experience with the program. I have been using Paul McKenna's CD's for over a year now. I ordered them from England last March. I have not really lost much weight but over the last year I found out that I have Celiac's disease and have been dealing with that more than trying to lose. Anyway, he has a great Over Eating CD that has totally cured me of most of my emotional eating. And, last week, my dad was in the hospital and I wanted to binge but couldn't make myself. That is huge for me.
I also have a girlfriend in England who lost close to 150lbs by just watching his program and using his advice. It does work!!!!

So, if you have the chance to purchase his CD (which I am sure he will soon be selling in the US) they are totally worth it. I think it might be hard to do his program without the CD's to reinforce the ideas. But, his program can work for people. It might take some time but it can work!!
Good luck everyone!!
Old 04-03-2008, 01:25 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Hello there. This thread is getting busy. I understand there is another one but I couldn't find anything except under food news which looks to be people who are getting started to if you want to check it out.

Aleka - isn't it great to be 60 and find something like this? I'm 64 and I've looked for something like this allllll my life.

OhCharlie - I agree with you that it is wonderful to feel so empowered and "normal" around food. I'm going on a trip next week and the nice thing about it will be that I won't be sitting wondering if I can eat what is served. I can just eat sensibly and go on and not feel guilty because I ate OP.

Realitymom - Contratulations on the weight loss. I've learned that there are a lot of foods that I used to think I wanted to eat when dieting that I have no desire for now. It is really interesting how my eating and desires have changed since I started using Paul McKenna's 4 Golden Rules. Yesterday DH had to go to the doctor and then to Walmart to get his meds. We always go out to eat on these kind of days. Left Walmart and amazingly I didn't buy any food items which was very unusual. Then DH asked me where I wanted to go to eat and I told him "I don't know beause I'm not hungry". He said he wasn't hungry either so we just came home. I fixed him breakfast for dinner and I had roasted chicken and a salad. I love a good salad and always have now I'm finding that I want salads a lot.

Dollyfinn - thanks for sharing with us. I understand we can get a book with a cd from Amazon and I plan to order one when I get back from my trip. I also understand that they will selling his book in other bookstores in the future, but I can't remember if they said when.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:57 PM   #20  

I ordered the 6 DVD set which claims to have "extra" strategies that you won't see on TV, etc..when they get here I will be glad to share what I find out!!
Old 04-03-2008, 07:41 PM   #21  

The 6 CD set is what I have had since March. If my house were on fire, besides my animals, I would make certain I got the CD's out. They are that good as far as I am concerned!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 04:59 AM   #22  

DOLLYFIN...Thanks for the endorsement! Too bad the shipping from the UK to here is sooo sloooowww! Will probably still be another 2-3 weeks before my order arrives. But in the meantime, I'm working with what I've been able to put together from the TV shows.
Old 04-04-2008, 05:20 AM   #23  

Good luck Charlie!!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 06:20 AM   #24  

TGIF!

RealityMom, congratulations on your weight loss. That's fantastic losing 8 lbs. in 3 weeks. It's great eating what you want and losing weight. I too have found that I want healthier food. I had celery for a snack the other day and I never realized it tasted so good. I always considered celery diet food and wouldn't eat it unless it was in tuna salad or chicken salad.

OhCharlie, that's great you ordered the 6 CD set. Let us know how you like the CDs. I too am working with what has been on TV.

pattygirl, I too have been trying to find a program like this for a long time. I reached a certain age and just did not want to count another calorie, carb, or point. I've read a few books on the subject of Intuitive Eating, but nothing clicked until I saw Paul McKenna's first show. I do find it harder to lose weight at this age.

dollyfinn, first off, congratulations to your girlfriend who lost 150 lbs. using his methods. That is quite impressive. The best part is knowing that by eating this way she will keep it off. Thank you for sharing your information. I'll have to check out the bookstore for his book.

Hope all of you have a great weekend.
Old 04-04-2008, 06:29 PM   #25  

Just wondering: What are you eating now that you didn't allow yourself when you were in "diet mode"? For me it's been real (not turkey) Italian meatballs and pasta! I don't tend to go for the sweets very much...give me savory ANY day!! The diet mindset always made me crave sugar..probably because it was against "the rules"! LOL Have a great weekend everybody!!

Barb
Old 04-04-2008, 08:10 PM   #26  

When I first went on this program I went a little crazy with the food. But, after a while the craziness went away and now I mostly just want the healthier choices. I think there is no problem with wanting the "real stuff" for things but you will also start to off set your real food with healthy choices. Like have your real meat balls and then you will find yourself craving a salad to go with it. No one and nothing is making me eat the veggies, i just find myself craving them. Weird and wonderful at the same time!!!
Old 04-04-2008, 08:13 PM   #27  

oh, one more quick example, I have a huge bag of dove chocolate squares in my kitchen that I have been eating at for several months now. I go into the bag thinking that I will eat all of them and end up only ever eating one at a time. How great is that-no will power required!!
Old 04-05-2008, 11:01 AM   #28  

I hear ya Dollyfinn! I find I do want the salads and the fresh wholesome stuff equally as much as I want the-foods-formerly-known-as-forbidden. Good deal with the Dove chocolates...exactly how a naturally thin person would treat them. No urgency to eat them all up and then start a diet AGAIN! You can take them or leave them. That is the beauty of reprogramming your relationship with food. I've never thought the food was the problem...it was always what I was using it for. Boredom can be a real issue with me..but food IS NOT entertainment (no matter how much it seems to be!! lol) nor is it company. It's just fuel. Period. I am still in the process of sorting all this out!!!

Barb
Old 04-05-2008, 06:10 PM   #29  
from Obese to Oh Baby! =)

S/C/G: 308/see ticker/200

Height: 6'0

I have never been a big fan of salads, just like them occasionally & moreso during the warmer months. But I am finding that veggies are better tasting during those 20 chews & filling! Been craving green beans like nobodies business & that is a craving I am happy to have! Still not a fan of celery, but that is ok! lol
Hope everyone is having a great weekend! ~RM
Old 04-05-2008, 06:15 PM   #30  
juicinjudy

S/C/G: 133 currently/goal 115

Height: 5'3

Hi Ladies I've seen two shows I think I missed the first one ,EATING LIKE A THIN PERSON could you tell me what I missed.I know the 4 golden rules .We all probably have it's just doing it making it a habit like exercising.Thanks!!

I.m 52 going on 53 I've struggled with my weight all my life and now that I'm older it seems sooo much harder.Going thru menopause doesn't help any
I'm not obese but I need to lose 15 - 20 lbs I just feel better
keep me posted . I'm not computer savvy my DS had to sign me up.I'll try to post more often DH or DS are on the computer so I haven't been on much.
I'm doing FAT SMASH PHASE 1 right now and trying to do Pauls tech.
I hope to see you ladies around the boards let me know where you post We are all trying to lose weight so we can encourage each other no matter what program or diet we are on

Judy
Closed Thread