Old 08-11-2008, 01:42 PM   #91  
banned

mufa ios not exclusive to this so callwd flat belly thing. its a made up fancy name for healthy oils.
andreaphilip3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:14 PM   #92  
Paleo Diet & CrossFit

S/C/G: 300/ticker/150

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreaphilip3 View Post
mufa ios not exclusive to this so callwd flat belly thing. its a made up fancy name for healthy oils.
Right you are! Are you doing the flat belly diet, Andrea?
delitaagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 03:27 PM   #93  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

S/C/G: Year 2010: 149.8/145/130

Height: 5'6"

i'd liek to do the 4 day jump start to kick things into gear, i'm at a plateau...I do count calories, but need something to boost me and the 4 days JS might be what I need...What all types of foods are eaten during those 4 days?? Thanks.
ArmyWife02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:54 PM   #94  
Paleo Diet & CrossFit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyWife02 View Post
i'd liek to do the 4 day jump start to kick things into gear, i'm at a plateau...I do count calories, but need something to boost me and the 4 days JS might be what I need...What all types of foods are eaten during those 4 days?? Thanks.
Hi! I'm an Army Mom so I automatically *love* all Army wives!

I'm on day 3 and loving it. I've learned that some do go back and use the jumpstart days to kick themselves off a plateau.

I haven't read the book but understood the MUFA (good fats) principle before they created the diet.

My understanding is that the 4 jumpstart days are basically to reduce bloat and get our systems working better. And, it does seem to work!

By day 3 I have had virtually no hunger or cravings (not even caffeine), I'm feeling good and feeling *thinner* although I haven't weighed yet. My calorie counts for these four days are around 1200-1300 per day. I plan to go up to 1600-1800 on day 5 and stay there 28 days.

It is set up as a 4-day jumpstart followed by a 28 day plan, then re-evaluate.

It is a *Mediterranean style* menu with lots of fresh fruits/veggies, cheese, yogurt and lean meats, and the added pleasures of nuts, seeds, avocados, olives and chocolate (but not in the jumpstart).

Some keys are calorie counting, 4 meals a day (so no hunger), and, a MUFA (good fat) with each meal to target belly fat. There is a GREAT deal of flexibility that might not be apparent from the initial look.

For example, I clicked on "no gluten" so the menus the site plans for me are wheat free! I need that! And, the plan site makes it easy on changing up things. And gives a shopping list.

Two of my favorite parts are the *Sassy* water and the fruit shake with flax seed oil that you drink each day. I'm thinking I'll keep those in my long term plan.

I bought the book from Prevention (in bookstores in October) to get 3 free months on the website. If you want to spend less you could buy the book on ebay or *used* from Amazon (cheapest).
Old 08-13-2008, 01:32 PM   #95  
Paleo Diet & CrossFit

He-he-he, I finished day 3 :-) and did an early sneak weigh in!

Stay tuned for tomorrow...
Old 08-13-2008, 04:12 PM   #96  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Hang in there, day 4 tomorrow and it's back to normal eating. I didn't mind the jump start at all, actually it took lots of meal planning out of my schedule because there wasn't much choice. Let us know how much you dropped, I can't remember what I did after the 4 days, I think maybe it was 8 pounds.
Bobbolink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 05:34 PM   #97  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

I have a question? How many mg of MUFAs are we supposed to eat each day? I just looked up chopped pecans (1/4 cup is a serving of 200 cal and about 12mg). But I can't find anywhere where it tells you how much to each each day. I calorie count and thats a lot of calories to intake for only 1/4 cup of a snack....are there otehr yummy lower calorie MUFAs out there? I'm looking for a list of MUFAs but not having much luck on a good list. Thanks.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:16 PM   #98  
Bobbi

Sorry, I threw out all my information on this plan. But I remember the uproad 1/4 cup of nuts caused and nobody ate 1/4 cup. We all thought it was a misprint. I think a normal serving is 2 Tablespoons but I could be wrong. I know I didn't eat that much! I'd go with 2 Tablespoons if I were you. I still lost all that weight, I even cut back on my MUFA's.
Old 08-13-2008, 06:29 PM   #99  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

alright thanks. I looked at my bag of pecans, i bought it from the baking aisle (for using in brownies and such - hubby's fav)...and it said 200 cal for 1/4 cup of nuts, but didnt list the MUFA info...found that on sparkpeople i think....
will do the math on it for calories of 2T and have that for a snack, that shouldn't be too bad on my calories lol
Thanks!
Old 08-13-2008, 07:52 PM   #100  
Bobbi

1 oz = 1/4 cup chopped pecans. Do you use a food scale? If not, it's worth purchasing because weighing food is so accurate. If you cut the 1 oz in half it would be 15 grams/100 calories. (1 oz = 30 grams)
Old 08-13-2008, 08:36 PM   #101  
Mandey - Unoffical RED

well i just looked, and 2T of Peanut butter is 32grams at 190cal/serving. and 1/4c of chopped pecans is 28grams at 200cal/serving. So i thought i needed some MUFA in my diet but not all the calories. So i just took some of our snack size sandwich bags out and labeled them as 100 Cal - and measured out (on my kitchen scale) a 1/2 oz of chopped pecans (which is half a serving), and put them in each bag. I now have 8 bags of 100 cal serving chopped pecans. Will make a great snack for on the go. I have them in the fridge to stay fresh, but can throw them in my purse or backpack and take with me on errands or to class. will keep me from the vending machines while I take my breaks during my 2 hours 40 min class twice a week. thansk for the idea
thought i'd share my idea of the 100 cal pack pecans, and other nuts. will get other things for home, but 100 snack bags of buts will be a great on the go snack since they dont require a fridge
Old 08-13-2008, 09:50 PM   #102  
Bobbi

I just finished 15 grams of pumpkin seeds, last night I had 15 grams of sunflowers seeds. I keep mine in the freezer because I buy them at our local food coop and there're raw. (Great MUFA)I always make a game of eating them, one at a time while savoring each seed. They last forever doing that, just a little mind trick. Good idea to have bags ready to go. I do that with my Fiber One cereal, I have lost 19 pounds counting calories since June 2nd. I put one serving of Fiber One + 1 Tablespoon Flax seed in a zip lock snack bag and eat one serving for breakfast with 1/2 cup vanilla skim milk and a sliced peach. I have another bag of Fiber One+Flax seed over SF pudding and Cool Whip at bedtime. I average over 50 grams of fiber per day and that's the best tip I can give you. Keep the fiber up, you'll stay full! But it's very important to drink lots of water with that much fiber or it'll backfire on you and bind you up. Ouch! I package up the whole box in the snack zips so I don't have to fumble around in the am. I'm bidding on a new fry pan on Ebay and I'm highest bidder so far, bidding ends in a few minutes so I better shut up and click into my bid. Nighty-Night
Old 08-14-2008, 11:37 AM   #103  
Paleo Diet & CrossFit

Default Weigh-in: Flat Belly Jump Start - WOOHOO!!

Flat Belly Jump Start:

4 days
6.6 pounds gone!
2″ off waist!

You can see more details on m blog post. This is actually 5" !!!!!!!! off my waist in 4 weeks!!!

Today I start the Flat Belly Diet 28 day plan. =D
Old 08-14-2008, 12:06 PM   #104  
Bobbi

Congratulations!

Great Job
Old 08-14-2008, 01:28 PM   #105  
Paleo Diet & CrossFit

Default Snack Zips are Lifesavers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbolink View Post
I package up the whole box in the snack zips so I don't have to fumble around in the am.
I so use the snack zips to pre-package things ahead, also some small plastic containers purchased just for that. I like to do it as I put up the groceries. ;-)

I also have a fiber success story! LOL

Thanks for your hoppin' congrats!!!