Old 01-10-2008, 10:43 PM   #1  

Default My Center Closed!!!

I am in NY and all of the Pure Weight Loss Centers have closed. This is just terrible. Now what am I going to do- LAWL was the only diet that I have consistantly lost on and kept my weight off. I am so bummed- and out about 20 boxes of bars!!!!!
Stephanie
Vnova91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 07:29 AM   #2  

Height: 5'2"

Hi Stephanie,
Welcome to this forum
You are right. The closing of the Pure Weight loss Centers is terrible and it has affected thousands of people. I am sorry that you too are one of them.
If you just started with Pure Weightloss recently and you paid via credit card and you haven't paid it off yet, contact your credit card company and dispute the charges since you are not getting what you paid for. Also, you might want to contact the Attorney General's Office in your home state of New York and also the AG in Pennsylvania as that is where Pure Weight loss is located. I understand that the PA AG's office is getting involved with clients all over the U.S. From what I have heard, all of the centers in NY were corporate and are therefore closed.
Again, I am sorry that none of this is good news for you and for the many thousands of others who have been affected. If you have the menu planning information, you can try to do this on your own and this is a great site for information to help you. In the last month of so, we have had a steady influx of people in your situation who have come to this forum.

Here is a link with further info - http://www.franchisepick.com/pure-we...d-information/

Lynn
LAWL franchise center
total lost 62.5 lbs.
Original goal of 50 lbs lost – achieved
New goal to lose total of 65 lbs
Lynx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 10:12 AM   #3  
LAWL Salt Police

Hi Stephanie..

Unfortunately, you've got lots of company here on this site when it comes to people affected by the store closings... But the sunny side to this is that we're all in it together and you can make it work if you stick to it! My store closed last April and while it was tough doing the plan without the in-store accountability, the support my wife and I found on this site was incredibly helpful.

Post early and post often.. No question is without merit.. If you have good words of wisdom, impart them!

I'm assuming Vnova means you graduated from Villanova.. My dad is a Nova grad too.. But he graduated in the 50's, so I doubt you knew him..

Welcome!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote