Old 09-19-2007, 02:04 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Nicole, I'm doing the TO. So far the cantaloupe is good. Way less acidic than the grapefruit.

Liz, I guess the FF is when you get the unlimited protein and veggies like when you first started the program. Of course it has been over a year since I did that!

Katy, nice to have TO company! Gosh darn vacation poundage.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:09 PM   #62  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. just checking in for the day. work was crazy. i have tomorrow off then i work for the next 7 days.
got a workout in yesterday and i'm headed for another one here shortly.

it's a lovely overcast and cooler day today here in NC and i'm loving it. i love overcast cool days...it'd be better if it were raining, but that very well could happen today.

so yeah...not much else going on at the moment. hope everyone is enjoying their day.
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 02:16 PM   #63  
WonderWoman

dang, i was looking at my ticker and realized that i suck at math! and simple math nonetheless! i was taking my starting weight (247) minus my current weight (205) and coming up with 42lbs and last week i only moved my ticker to 41lbs. silly of me to cheat myself out of a pound! ha!
anyways..i also figured out that i've lost 17% so far. not bad. it'd be higher if i used my highest ever weight..but i was prego when i was that weight, so i won't use or release that number! ha.
Old 09-19-2007, 03:19 PM   #64  
Val

Hi gang!

NSV here that I just have to share. Today is my 6 month anniversary of signing up with LAWL, so I made a cake (on plan of course) and brought it into work today. One of my friends asked what the occasion was, and when I told her she just had to tell all the others. So just now when I got back to work from lunch there were 6 roses on my desk with a card that sad "Congratulations, we are so proud of you". Aww, these people are just too sweet sometimes.

BTW, the reason I decided to make the cake was because so many people ask me "what can you eat?", that I thought I would just show an example of what we can eat, if we plan accordingly.
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:39 PM   #65  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Val - Happy Anniversary and congrats...great idea to celebrate YOU!!!
Your co-workers did a very sweet thing, too. We should all be so lucky! Keep up the GREAT work.

Jillian - you're doing great too.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:15 PM   #66  

OOH Val, What kind of cake? You have really done well for just 6 months. 75 pounds is just amazing in that amount of time. It took me longer than that to lose just 40. What sweet coworkers you have.

Jillian, my highest weight ever was like 15 pounds over the max preggers weight! I joined the Bally's gym at that weight, and through exercise and repeated weight loss attempts managed to score a big 8 pounds over the next 3 years.... of course I was up and down during that time, but never got much below 193-5... Seemed to hit there and then get stuck and then something would come up, and I would regain it. I remember when I finally went below 190 while on LAWL and it was just like a miracle to me, as I had really tried hard for a lot of years. Then to hit 160, that was like fantasy land to me for a long, long time. Now I've pretty much (except for the cursed 3 vacation pounds) stayed there since May, that is when I decided to go on maintenance, but I was not much different in weight for awhile before that anyway... So anyway, I am rambling now... but I see that you are sneaking up to onderland, and I hope it is not too long before you get there, since that is a really nice feeling.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:48 PM   #67  
WonderWoman

thanks barbara. you've done a great job so far!
my highest weight ever was when i was prego with my DD in 2003. it was 320lbs. i started out my pregnancy at 260lbs and gained 60. joined LAWL after Julia was born and got to about 240. then got pregnant in 2005. i gained 60lbs with my little boy and was at 300lbs when i had him. i joined LAWL for the 2nd time in december 2005--6wks after Jagger was born and i joined when i was @ 275lbs. i got down to 226. then lots of stuff happened in my life and i stopped LAWL for about 7 months. gained 20lbs back durning that time and joined for the 3rd and FINAL time this past feb. and have lost 42lbs since then. it's been a long 4yrs since i first started the plan and since i'm done having kids i'm ready for my body back for good! i'm at the lowest weight i've been in about 7rys and since i'm pretty young yet, i've got tons of time to enjoy myself and my kids and my new found body.
and yes, i can't wait til the 100's!!!! it's gonna be great. i just need some ideas on how to celebrate.

ok, sorry for rambling too.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:03 PM   #68  
Val

Jillian - You have done a great job and you look awesome!

Barbara - It was the Pumpkin-Cheese Coffee Cake from Deb's cookbook, and it was nummy!
Old 09-19-2007, 05:22 PM   #69  

Jillian, Lots of stuff does tend to happen in life....
Hmm... to celebrate a big milestone. When I was in weight loss, I put off buying new clothes, since I was just going to keep shrinking. If you haven't bought yourself much, a new outfit might be in order. Or a manicure or pedicure could be nice, if that is something you'd find to be a treat. I've bought more clothes in the last 6 months than I did in the 6 years before that... and way nicer ones too. Always before I didn't want to spend a lot since I was going to be losing the weight some time soon.

I went recently and shopped that the White House/Black Market store, which I had been in before and thought that not one item in the whole store would have fit on me (and the sales people eyed me and thought so too I could tell), and I felt so great to go in there and buy Mediums... I had gotten a bonus at work, so I had a few dollars that I could just spend however I wanted... and I brought one skirt home and tried it on for my DH who said however much you spent on that it was worth it. I felt so good.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:26 PM   #70  

Val
OH, I see that one in the dessert thread! I will have to make it (after I finish TO I guess)
Old 09-19-2007, 05:37 PM   #71  
WonderWoman

thanks barb and val!!
awesome on the clothes. i haven't bought too much in the way of super nice clothes..not too into shopping though. the pedi/mani are desparately needed though! or maybe an all around spa day! good thinking!
Old 09-20-2007, 12:15 AM   #72  

S/C/G: 207.6/196.6/145

OK, went to weigh in today. Got the manager of the CO. She decided since my weight has been basically the same (up, down, up down) for the past month, that she called the dietician and ask if I could move down a plan even though I wasn't at the weight I was suppose to be. She was all excited when she came back. I said, "Oh, Am I suppose to be excited about getting less food???!!!" She thought it was funny! I lost a starch, fruit, and 1/2 protein. That's a meal in itself! If it jumps up the weight loss I guess it will be worth it.

Kim I am ready for star bucks. Where is Heather???

Val, Congrats on the 6 months. WEnt to your profile to see if you had pictures of the progression! Love your baby! That picture is so cute and you are gorgeous! Congrats on 75 pounds. Awesome! Gives me hope! My goal seems so far away!

Everyone else, Hello. Keep POP. Congrats on the loses.
Have fun shopping for those new clothes.
I am going to have to shop for new under garmets. Get formed bras to help support the chest and they aren't filled out anymore. Can see it in my clothes. Try to adjust it but you can still see the lines. Oh well, I guess that is a good problem!

Lost 6 more inches. Whoo hoo. 2 of those inches where in my thigh. She measured twice! couldn't believe it. So now I know where the fat goes! No suprise to me. Still feel crappy. Came home went to bed. Hubby made me get up at 9 to eat something. DD inherited same sinus problems! Bad mommy! AT least she inherited her body build from my mothers side of the family. We call them the skeletons! Ha! Ha! The ones you hate because they can eat everything in site and lose weight! I got my body build from my dad's side.

Ok quite running my mouth. Take allergy meds and go to bed!
Kim0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:43 AM   #73  
Val

Kim #3 - Thanks for the compliments, if you're talking about the photo with the furkid, that is my DD. Unfortunately, I am the much larger person in my avatar (also taken with my DD at her high school graduation, and about 30 pounds ago). As far as pictures of my weight loss journey - I'm usually pretty camera shy, a product of being overweight for most of my adult life.
Old 09-20-2007, 09:11 AM   #74  

S/C/G: 207.6/196.6/145

I am sorry Val. I just assumed since you DD and your furry daughter were in the other picture that that was you. I can tell with you two side by side that she gets her good looks from you. She looks just like you!
I know what you mean about being camera shy. It's like oh my is that really me???
Since the avitar is 30 pounds ago, you need to get us an update. I am sure there is a big difference. That is a lot of weight too. But 75 pounds. Woow. You are one of my heros!
Kim0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:49 AM   #75  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Val/Kim - I too had the pics confused...but now we know who's who! I remember looking at your profile picture of your daughter and furkid a while back but till thought it was you, Val, in the blue dress. Wonder why I assumed that?

Kim - look at those inches go! Sorry you lost so many exchanges all at once; sounds like you'll adjust though. Good luck.

Jillian - wow...you really have made tremendous progress on this journey. Hope you top off that mani/pedi with .... hmmm ... let's see...a non-food reward??? I love the spa day or even just a good massage! Boy, I could use one now.

Got my offer letter from my new company and all looks good. I think there is an "employment goddess" watching over me. The next month is going to be busy as I have a lot they want me to learn...it's almost like going to a totally new job and in this age of technology, the biggest pain is signing up for all new benefits and setting up all the Info Technology stuff. Not my favorite part, but I'm not complaining....I've got a job!

I watched the tail end of the Kid Nation show last night...it had so much hype on the media, I figured I'd check it out. I really only caught the part where the 14 year old got a gold star (and $20,000 prize!!) and where the little 8 year old had to make his decision to stay or go home. I tell ya...I cry at everything!

That's it from me...I'm at the vet hospital with charlie dog...he's getting another dose of chemo, but it seems to be working and he's doing great.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote