Old 09-13-2007, 02:30 AM   #121  
Deb on LAWL

S/C/G: 256.8/see ticker/150

Height: 5'6"

Nicole- I am glad that you retreived your crown and congrats on the official orders on your website. Also, so sorry about your friend passing.

Tina- Love the new avatar.

Dan- I can definitely see a difference in your face between the 2nd and 3rd pics. WTG on hitting your goal!!!

Dawn- Love the new baby pic. She is so stinkin adorable!!

Lettie- I am so happy for you that DH got a job! That should be a big burden off of your shoulders.

Kim3- The new haircut is cute, I do those kind of dramatic things all the time. My theory too is that it is just hair, it will grow back.

Britt- Good to see you, glad you are enjoying the teaching job.

Amy- Hooray for you, that is an awesome NSV!!!!

Pearl- How scary with DH!! I hope everything is ok with him now. My MIL gets hives when her routine gets knocked out of whack and she stresses. She got them on the inside of her mouth and almost closed off her windpipe.

Joni- Bummer on the fridge and the tires. At least it is spending money on something you need and not something you want. Not as fun, I know. I dread having to buy new tires for our truck, DH seems to think bigger is better and those bigger tires are sure expensive. How is Charlie doing? Our middle furkid's 4th birthday is tomorrow, so we will celebrate with steak and doggie ice cream. The baby's 1st birthday is in 2 weeks.

Jaygoddess and Agraygirl- Welcome to the group.

Chilly night tonight, had to turn the heater on. We went up in the mountains this weekend and got SNOWED on. It's supposed to be back in the 70's again this weekend though.

I haven't been back to the COD since we got back from Colorado. I know I should just get my butt back in there. Maybe on Monday I will go in.
MTdebster921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:05 AM   #122  
Carrie

S/C/G: 196/174.2/150

Height: 5' 8"

Hi everyone!!! I've been MIA for a while, lots going on in my life right now. DD had her baby....she hemoraged again Saturday a week ago and they finally decided it was too dangerous to wait any longer and she was 37 weeks and one day so she was plenty far enough a long for the baby to be okay. She ended up having a C-section due to placenta previa Saturday night, Sept. 2nd.....he is adorable...I'll post a picture soon.... then DH and I went to San Francisco for a few days and had a blast. So much to see and so little time to see it.....He did get to be on TV during the 49ers football game. Did any of you see him..... towards the end of the game, he stood up and showed his Dallas Cowboys shirt he had on to the camera guy and my kids called all excited because there was a great close up of him on the TV. He made me really nervous wearing that shirt to the game, but he had a jacket on that kept it covered most of the time thank goodness.

Well, back to work yesterday and so behind.....trying to catch up because I'm off to Denver Sunday for work related stuff. I will be in Denver for a week and it will be so hard not to see DGS for a full week. Babies change everyday so I'm not looking forward to it.

Liza - how did vacation go?

Nicole - congrats on your first sale!!!!

Tina - love your new avatar!

Lettie - congrats on DH new job!

Will try to catch up on more personals later.

Last edited by healthy2b; 09-13-2007 at 10:07 AM.
healthy2b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:12 AM   #123  
Kristen-LAWL

S/C/G: 251/215/155

Height: 5 8 1/2"

Joni.. kid in a box LOL.. the theme of her party is princess! We have a bouncy castle coming in the backyard as a surprise, 9 little girls from 3-5 years of age adn I'm making choclate dipped strawberries in pink chocolate, pink Koolaid and finger sandwiches.. last night I made them all a loot 'box' full of little princess toys and candies.. needless to say momma is pooped.. we do her party here on sat 3-5pm and then have two toddler bdays to attend on sunday.. i'll be typing with one eye open on Monday.. down to 157 on my scale at home so these two weeks of restrictions have worked. I'll post some pics of her party after.. Nicole..wait till you see the CAKE!!!!! Having a friend make individual cupcakes for all the guests with a little princess hat on each and Jilly will get a mini personal cake with a crown... if she gives me any attitude after all this work she shall be shipped to Joni COD!
KrispieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:40 AM   #124  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

LOL.....do any of you watch the office? Did you see the one where Michael attempts to pretend to commit suicide by almost jumping off the building onto a bouncy castle? LOL LOL LOL Thanks for the laugh, Kristen

Birthday parties are sooo fun. I know they are a pain in the arse for us....but the kids just love them I am pleased to hear that you are having hte party at your home. We always have our kids parties at our home or a park. I don't think adventure parties are bad.........we have just always tried to focus on the importance of family and friends as our greatest treasures.....so we have avoided big to-do parties. However.......I do all I can to make it magical and memorable like you are doing, Kristen. I just love to see their little face light up. We also have a birthday tradition I started quite a while back, where there is one small gift waiting at the foot of the birthday girl/boy's bed in the morning when they wake up. They can open it alone, or bring it by whomever they like to open it. It is like a mix of Birthday, Toothfairy, and Santa all mixed into one. I have both of my boy's birthdays and ODD in October.......so I will be feeling your pain soon

Carrie.....so happy to hear DD and DGS are doing well. We were worrying about you. Forgive me for not remembering....but do you have any other grand children? I am doubting it, cuz I still haven't figured out quite how you are a grandma at all.......lol.

Ok, what happened to DAn? Got all skinny on us and abandoned ship?

Deb......get your butt into the COD. Were you having a hard time sleeping last night?

Kim03.......we are still waiting for a close up of the new hairdo. I am considering doing the same thing when I get back from Germany.....change is good.

Well, I am officially starting a new no sclae challenge for myself. I just cannot deal with the disappointment on a daily basis. I have been good......so good......and no change for a spell. I am quite spoiled, and usually when I work the program, I lose. So, I am not getting on that bad boy again until Tuesday. Unless Joni needs a WI for chicks to the finish challenge.

Anywhooo, have to go get DD to school now..........hey, where is Felicia?

Ok, have a great day all
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:54 AM   #125  
Carrie

Nicole - no other grandchildren....he is our first and we are so excited, we can't get enough of him. I'm sure my daughter and her DH will be glad when we can go a whole day without having to see him. I'm sure she enjoyed the break from us while we were in San Francisco. We are trying to limit our visits now to just a few minutes in the evening so they can do their own little family bonding without us hanging out. Its hard though with our other kiddos gone off to college....they are our only kids here with us so we tend to probably want to spend too much time with them.....empty nest syndrome thing going on I guess. You just wait Nicole......you have all those precious kids with you and I know sometimes you just need a break, I've been there, but when they all grow up, its hard especially if you have a close family like you seem to have. Our kids have been our life and we wouldn't have changed a thing. Enjoy them every minute because your time will come when they all grow up and go off to school or start their life. Don't get me wrong, we are really enjoying our new found freedom, it's great also....hence the trips to the caribean and san francisco.....I guess one of the perks to having kids when your young......your also young when they move out..ha...ha
Old 09-13-2007, 11:02 AM   #126  
WonderWoman

Height: 5'5 and a half!

hey everyone. quick check in today. i fly back to NC tomorrow morning. can't believe how quickly 7 days has flown by. my time with the kids has been so great. i dread leaving each time.

i'm with ya nicole on the no scale thing. i've been doing pretty well, and i've been stuck on 208 for the longest time! and then i finally hit 206 and it jumped back up to 208 again and now i'm stuck again. it sucks and it's getting me down. i just don't know how to break my scale habit. it's bad.

ok, gonna go and give the kids a snack. hope ya'll are doing great!
JLem311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:03 AM   #127  
LAWL since 9/06

Morning everyone,

Thursday, one more day until Friday.

Nicole - Dan has been working the state fair and will be for the next week. I am sure he tries to get on at night, but is just too tired.

Well I had my second TaeKwon Do class last night. I was the only non black belt there for most of the class so I got to do some kicks that the black belts do and man did it feel good to be doing something. It is a lot of work but I so enjoyed it. I think I even impressed the instructor. LOL

Carrie - Glad to see DD and baby are doing well. What a scary thing to go through. But it is done now and you have a beautiful grand baby and DD is doing well.

Welcome all the new comers.

I better get to work, so have a great POP day and will check back in later.

Liz
LizzyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:29 AM   #128  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Morning friends!

Carrie- congrats on your new gs! What is his name? I'm so glad everything is ok with him and DD.
Of course we have the niners game on tivo so you'll have to tell me around what part of the game he came on so I can go back and look for you guys! That is so exciting. Glad you had a great time!

Liz- wow, congrats on your taekwondo! That is so exciting. I don't know if I'd have the guts to get in there with the blackbelts, good for you!

Kristen-your princess party sounds SO fun! The surprise bouncy house and little cakes sound adorable.

Jillian- have a safe trip home!

Deb- I can't believe you turned the heater on last night! Whew, it's still so hot here! I just looked at your ticker and you are SO close to goal!

Hi Nicole!

Alright, must get some homework done before my classes today..
have a great day everyone!
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:47 AM   #129  
Carrie

Hi Amy -it was toward the end....the camera man was actually filming the guy with the guitar/bango (can't remember what he was playing), and he happened to be in front of my DH, so he stood up to show his beloved Dallas Cowboys shirt....you can't see me though....just him, so while your going through, look for the shot of the guitar/bango guy at the end and you should see DH.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:23 PM   #130  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

hey girls
Carrie.....you are going to have to post a picture of the little one I am sucha baby freak! I do try to appreciate my time with the kids.....but you see, I had them young.......and I had them old......lol......so somedays I feel a little burned out......but for the most part, it's all good. My ODD is growing up sooo quick.........and I jsut hate it. I am very much looking forward to time with DH, as we got married with 3 kids already....so it will certainly be a second honeymoon for us when the kids are all gone But, the thought of letting them all go.............that is tough. They are my life.

So, I have been thinking, and I may get a lower body lift in a year or so. I have been looking online.......and it is sooo tempting. After seeing how thrilled Kim#2 is with her TT............I am considering it more and more. I just have to be successful with my business, cuz I DO NOT want another loan........I want to be able to afford it. It seems it cost less than most cars....so it is not completely unattainable..........but who knows. Well have to see what DH thinks about it

Anyway........I am not exactly getting much work done here........so I really should get going.........

Thanks for reminding me, Liz, about Dan........I was just messing around anyway

Jillian..........just ban the sclae for a few days, and work hard, and feel good about the fact that you are working hard..........and it will pay off. It has to

Ok, back to work
XOXO
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 12:53 PM   #131  
Joni - Atlanta, GA

Height: 5'3"

Carrie - congrats on your DGS - I can hear how excited you are in your posts!

Agraygirl - welcome..lots of gals on here from TN...they meet for coffee and everything.

Kristen - my princess party invite must have gotten lost in the mail :-) You'll definitely have to post a couple pictures and I'm sure Jillian will be on her best behavior, especially if you put a couple benadryl in her mini birthday cake!

Hi Nicole; Hi Deb - thanks for asking about Charlie dawg...he's doing great. The latest chemo drug seems to be working as his swollen lymph has gone down substantially (or maybe it's the supplement stuff I'm also giving him). Take it one day at a time. Happy birthday to your furkids....another party invite that got lost in the mail!!

Hello to all...gotta run....busy....I forgot to buy oranges yesterday so I didn't do TO...tomorrow for sure. Scale seems to be moving in the right direction this week.
Joni135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 02:42 PM   #132  
Heather - East TN

S/C/G: 190.8/153.7/150.8

Height: 5' 7"

Hey folks!

Just saying a quick hello! It's been crazy busy, both at work and at home, and I finally just stole a few minutes to catch up on this thread here at work! I was going into withdrawal! Congrats to all the losers and hang in there to all those plateued or yo-yoing. I don't have enough time for personals right now, but even though nobody missed me, I still thought I'd let you know I'm alive and POP!
Heather115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 02:44 PM   #133  
LAWL Salt Police

Hey gang..

I'm here Nicole! Even when I'm not posting, I'm lurking, making sure y'all are staying true to plan!

So Liz went and joined Taekwon Do.. I think she plans to be able to kick my a$$ if I get out of line! I think this will be good for her, as it won't get boring like Curves and it's something she can share with the kids.. She and I can work out together on the punching bag in the garage as well..

Welcome to the newbies!! We've all been where you are right now.. Stick with it, don't let the plateaus frustrate you.. Watch your salt intake and vary your menu CONSTANTLY!!!!

As for me, things are status quo.. I've been hovering around 194-195 fairly consistantly, so things are good so far. I need to get back on my normal schedule before (post State Fair) before I can decide on whether or not to try to lose a little more. The last 15 lbs were such a pain, I may not worry about it. We'll see...

Sorry I'm not posting much in the way of personals, but I'm reading all and am pulling for you to succeed!!

Talk to you soon!
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:10 PM   #134  

S/C/G: 207/?/160

Height: 5'8"

Dan, I'm glad the goal weight has "stuck". Are you planning on doing a stabilization?

Carrie, I'm feeling the empty nest now too. There is a big hole when they leave, but then again... I'm so proud of her and the person she has become and is becoming. I want that person to continue to grow and flourish, and part of that is being independent and making your own way in life... So it is both a little empty and a source of great pride and satisfaction to see them move on with their lives. Well, when you aren't grumbling after the tuition bills come due... LOL... University of Portland is not cheap, but she is so happy there, that I think it is worth it.

I decided the weight blip up after TO was due to getting back to exercising again... My weight always goes up after I've had a layoff and get back too it. Just got to stick with it, and it will come back down in a couple of days. It just surprises me every time it happens, and it always seems horribly unfair since I generally am being extra good when it happens. I'm trying to use my elliptical trainer at home more often, as you burn about 600 calories in an hour there, so 5 hours a week of that is 3000 calories, and that has to tip the scale in my favor eventually.
BarbaraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:21 PM   #135  
LAWL Salt Police

Barbara... My problem is that I really don't know how to start stablization. I know I can start adding more green veggies, so that's not the problem, and I've been having a little more starch than I was in the past, but other than that, what do I do?
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote