Old 09-04-2007, 10:21 PM   #16  

Thanks you guys. He is like one of the family. I know he's getting good care. All of the vets and the other employees love him to pieces.
Tammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:26 PM   #17  

dang.. my husband just told me he wants to go out for brekfast or lunch tomarrow ! dang. i thought about an egg beater omlete no cheese extra veggies, dry toast and fruit. but what about lunch ? what do you guys have when you go out with family ?
got2gethealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:48 PM   #18  
Happy New Rears!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillTryin View Post

This week I am going to focus on getting ON TRACK...seems that since I took my overnight trip AUG 4th I have totally jumped off the wagon,
Yep, any change in routine really screws a person up. Good luck getting back on track, it's tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
Oh it has been a great few days .
Sounds like you can eat off the floor at your house wanna come and clean mine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
Wolf has surgery on Wednesday.

Told him if he keeps that whinnning up I am going to put itch powder in his jockey shorts lol.
Ha ha, men, they just can't take it!! poor guy though, hope he feels better soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy View Post
Beck, I cringed when you mentioned Christmas!! I might as well start shopping.
I agree, don't be saying stuff like that - I only have 11 weeks to lose weight before my big trip please don't rush the time by!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tammy View Post

I've had a tough day, but it sounds kind of wimpy. Our 13 1/2 year old dachsund had to go to the vet today.

I burst into tears when I don't even know it's coming. I thought earlier, he doesn't even have his blanket and toy with him!! Am I pitiful or what?
Awww we love our pets, they are part of the family and have feelings just like we do.

We had to put our beautiful English Setter down last May, she was 13, and had liver cancer. It was the saddest day, my hubby and I were brokenhearted we cried and cried when we said goodbye, it was so sad. The vet was very nice though, and treated us well, and treated her well right to the end. Her name was Ambush and she was just the sweetest dog.

Hope your dog is okay and you have her home soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by got2gethealthy View Post
but what about lunch ? what do you guys have when you go out with family ?
I usually have grilled chicken (plain, no sauce) and a salad with fat free dressing. Try to have a couple of BIG glasses of water before you go.

I just came back from the open house/birthday party at my sister's. Her new house is 6000 square feet, can you imagine!?!? 5 bedrooms all with their own ensuite washrooms. Plus a home theatre room, a games room, a huge great room - kitchen/family room combo, a butlers pantry, 2 dishwashers, a big inground pool, there is an outdoor screened in porch area that has a gas fireplace in it, so you can sit out and be warm on a fall night. This house is something else but I don't know how she will clean it, she'll have to have a housekeeper come every week for sure.

Anyway, at the party - which was also my nephews birthday there was lots of food, cake, tarts, chips, snackies, booze, and I had a cup of tea with milk and equal. That's it. Tell me how proud you are because it was tough when everyone else had a plate of fudge cake.

Last edited by ThinGirl in FatBody; 09-04-2007 at 10:49 PM.
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:48 AM   #19  

that was real detemination on your part thin girl ! congrats !! ya did good girl ! awsome !
Old 09-05-2007, 07:14 AM   #20  

got 2, I want to go out to breakfast too!!

Thin, I guess there will be some of you that will be supportive if we have to make a decision about Kramer. I'm trying to be tough, but I know it could happen. Grilled chicken is usually what I have when we go out also, and the salad is always a winner. Your sisters house is huge!!! I would hate to clean it, that's for sure.

I'm volunteering at the soup kitchen today. I've never done it before, so this should be an interesting experience. I have to call the vet later this morning. Tonight is my first water aerobics class!! Woo hoo!!
Old 09-05-2007, 07:24 AM   #21  
Happy New Rears!

Wow, good luck at the soup kitchen, after I pay for this next trip - I might need to start eating at one!

Congrats on water aerobics tonight, enjoy!
ThinGirl in FatBody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 09:52 AM   #22  
Bingo

S/C/G: 270/202.8/165

Height: 5'8

Christmas and California... two of my favorite things, but it scares me to get to either one of them!

I just keep plugging away at grad school applications.....
dcapulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:23 AM   #23  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

WOW that is a HUGE HOUSE, I mean we are house hunting and I would be happy with a 2000 sq ft home, our house now is only 1050 sq ft on the main floor (but our basement is finished so that adds another 1000 st ft, althought I dont consider that "useable space") so we are trying to find a 4+ bedroom that has at least 2000 sq ft without counting the basement....GOOD LUCK TO ME!!!!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 12:34 PM   #24  

hey everyone i start taking alli tomorrow. i have already began the diet and started taking vitamins. im so excited to start this i think it will really help me i never realized how much fat was in the foods i was eating...

today's meal plan
Breakfast: had oatmeal and coffee
Snack: rice cake
Lunch: chicken salad sandwich ( w/ light mayo and wheat bread) watermelon
Dinner: steak/brown rice/green beans
snack: crackers and FF cream cheese
nikki8221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:00 PM   #25  
Countess Walks-on-Water

Default Newbie!

Hi everyone - been lurking for about a week, but I bought my starter kit today, so here I am. I made the mistake of calculating my fat grams AFTER eating my lunch, so I may be in for a rude awakening this afternoon. I was off in my estimation.

I'm Tracy, a SAHM of two - my DD is in first grade, and my DS is four. I really, really want to get my weight down before I start job hunting next year, and I miss exercising for the fun of it, before it got so painful.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone - I'm inspired by your stories!
treasaigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 01:11 PM   #26  
Gettin Closer!!

S/C/G: See Signature

Height: Tall enough for my feet to reach the ground

Nikki, good luck and you may find that any TE's that you have may only come after 36-48 hours, I know several of us have found it takes more than 24 hours in some cases.

Tracy WELCOME!!!! Good luck! We are here for you!
StillTryin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 04:47 PM   #27  

Working at the soup kitchen was so much fun! Our church does it the first Wed. of every month, and I'm sure that I'll go back. We had fun working, and it was nice to visit with those who came in. One woman came in, and I thought she looked familiar. I asked her if her name was Sarah, and it was. She is one of my former students! She made sure everyone knew that I was one of her favorites.

dcapulet, where are you planning to go to grad school, and what are you going for? Lots of questions!!

Still, we moved from a home that was about 1900 sq. feet, and we had an unfinished basement. It had a pool table, ping pong, tv, etc. So it was used quite a bit even though it was unfinished. We now live in 1/2 of a double, condo type, one floor. I'm not sure how much space we have, but with my health problems and our ages, it is perfect. Our son will be graduating from college in less than 2 years, so it will be our retirement home. I know of the perfect house for you, but it's near me here in Ohio. Want to move here??

Nikki and Tracy, good luck with the Alli!!! I think it works for me, so I hope it works for you as well. don't forget, for a healthy diet, you still have to have some fat during the day. don't try to go too low with it.

Our dog is home, and he is a different critter than he was when I took him to the vets. All the test results came back ok, he wants to play, eat, drink. Right now he is on the floor beside me chewing on one of his toys. I'm glad he's home!!
Old 09-05-2007, 05:57 PM   #28  
Triplet Mom

S/C/G: 186/see ticker/158

Height: 5'2"

Nikki & Tracy - WELCOME! Be careful- my TEs happen a minimum of 24 hours after I overindulge. Good luck! This is a fun group!

Tammy - glad your dog is home. I cry whenever I have to leave my dog at the vet. Can't help it, she's part of the family. Give her a day or two and hopefully she'll be like her usual self. It's so hard when our pets get old.

ThinGirl- CONGRATS on your self-control!!!! You are going to look awesome for your cruise!!! 6,000 square feet, wow! Sounds like a dream house. I have a good friend who has 5 bathrooms, she cleans them every other day, can you imagine?! I work outside the home and she doesn't. I always say she's taken domestic engineer to a new level (she also irons socks & underwear).

Got2- for breakfast out, I love a spinach omelette (eggbeaters), light on the cheese, no toast and a half order of hash browns. For lunch I typically have a salad with grilled chicken, balsamic vinegrette on the side, or sometimes I'll have a grilled chicken rollup, dressing/sauce on the side. Good luck!

I finally made my reservations for my rental car for California. I'm sort of anal about finding the best price and had to research the best deals, online coupons, codes, etc. I'm satisfied that I got the most bang for my buck. On the other hand, my flight to California... when I went to reserve my seat I'm stuck in the middle seat (I'd like an aisle but would settle for a window). Anyway, it's a 4 3/4 hour flight so I'm thinking I'll try to purchase one of the aisle/window seats that Northwest makes available 24 hours before departure. What a scam! All for a little comfort. On the way back I have an aisle seat.

Sorry, just jabbering. I've done pretty well today except for a slipup when I got home from work - had some banana bread dipped in choco syrup..why, why, why do I do this?
Brightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:07 PM   #29  

welcome newbies..i have only been on alli since monday and so far i have not had any problems. at target today a bought the biggest loser complete calorie counter. it was only 6.49 and has everything in it. really recommend it. i am so glad your sweet little dog is ok. what a relief breakfast turned out to be lunch and i had a chiken salad, low fat dressing on the side. i dont know how to count it though as the chicken was cut in pieces. so i will count high to be on the safe side.

Last edited by got2gethealthy; 09-05-2007 at 06:08 PM. Reason: no tracker
Old 09-05-2007, 07:08 PM   #30  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Glad to hear your doggie is back home and doing well! I was a basket case when I had to put my cocker spanial down Nov 2005. I'd had her for 10 years. I got her at the pound, they said she was about 4 and had been a stray. Now I just have the 2 cats, but they are both 14 or 15. Got them from the pound too. I'm starting to think about getting a little fluff dog.

Back on track and eating like I should after going way out of control over Labor Day. Gotta go now and do my exercise tape!
bobbigene is offline   Reply With Quote