Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 02:45 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

That is funny! Our cats don't chew wires, but the dog has done it a couple of times. We do have squirrels in the attic that chew. Hmm.....I guess we have a bunch of happy sqirrels.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:33 AM   #92  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Good Morning . . .

That is funny . . . must have been Purrecious . . . she always acts, well, "wired", most of the time anyway.

Have a happy Sunday gang . . . see you later . . .
Old 09-30-2007, 11:09 AM   #93  

Rats! I am back to 150lbs. again. I am sure it is just normal variation....but I want the number to start with 14. Maybe if I chew a wire I will feel better about it.
Old 09-30-2007, 04:57 PM   #94  
Onward and Downward

Old 09-30-2007, 07:43 PM   #95  

I am probably one of the world's biggest cheese lovers. I bought a little hunk of goat cheese - 4 oz @80 cal/oz. Can't rack up more that 320 calories on a binge with it. Anyway, I got the idea to put a little bit of the goat cheese on my apple slices. It was just to die for. I had a few grapes along with it. A really yummy, elegant snack and I probably used about 1.5 tsp of the cheese, so that's not bad calorie-wise.

The goat cheese is imported from Canada. Made in Ontario. It is a treat to get something that is imported from some place that speaks english! Well, mostly anyway.
Old 09-30-2007, 07:57 PM   #96  

S/C/G: 224/see ticker/130

Height: 5'1''

Hi! Mind if I join your chat group? I just finished reading the Volumterics Eating Plan. It just makes so much sense. I hoping to check in and get ideas for meals and keeping myself accountable.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:37 PM   #97  
Onward and Downward

TEACHER . . . . . . so glad to have you joining us and will be looking forward to getting to know you better.

Don't let GAIL kid you . . . we Canadians speak English . . . just with a slightly different accent.
Old 09-30-2007, 11:25 PM   #98  

I just didn't want to offend any francophones.

Hey teacher, welcome. What I like so much about Volumetrics is that you can apply the principles to a diet you invent yourself or combine it with other diet plans. I have been very satisfied with the amount and quality of my meals since I started this back in January.

Now, we all know that goat cheese is not on any diet plan. I have been allowing myself too many treats lately and I need to be stricter. Somehow, I seem to think that since I am doing a little bit of exercise, I am entitled to gourmet dining.

As a rule, my meals are very simple. I like to cook, but most of the time I don't want to make anything fancy with multiple ingredients. Sometimes I make up a large quantity of something I like (Ellie Krieger's white chili, for instance) and freeze it in serving sizes. I am trying to learn to use meat, especially red meat, as a condiment rather than the main ingredient. The book says cutting back on meat is one of the best ways to cut down on fat. I also switched to non-fat dry milk. I am not crazy about it, but I can drink it.
Old 10-01-2007, 07:32 AM   #99  
Onward and Downward

Okay, Chickies . . . welcome to OCTOBER . . . I love this month. Let's all try to make it one of our best ever . . .

I'm promising myself that I will get moving this month -- as many of you know I really abhor exercise. But I think my magnificently quick weight loss this year (13 pounds in 9 months - give me a break ) reflects the fact that I've come as far as I can without getting into a regular exercise routine. Soooooo, yesterday I ordered two new 'toys' . . .

(1) . . . http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/pr...929_TonyLittle

(2) . . . http://www.theshoppingchannel.com/pr..._070929_UrbanR

Now all I have to do is (well, after they arrive in a couple of weeks) use them. Actually, as I was doing a little bouncing around with my new "Buddy Ball" (replaced the one that sprung a leak), I was looking around my family/sun room and wondering where on earth I thought I was going to put all this stuff. Will just have to make room, because I know myself well -- out of sight means out of mind.

Anyway . . . weather is not exactly bright and shiny for the start of the new month, but hopefully it will improve. Temperature is a very chilly -1, but that is supposed to go to 17. We'll just have to wait and see what really happens, I guess.

ANYWAY . . . HERE IS A LINK TO OUR NEW OCTOBER CHAT THREAD . . . HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL OVER THERE . . .

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...93#post1875493

Better get a move on, many places to go and things to do. Hope everybody has a great moving and shaking kind of day planned . . . see you later . . .
Closed Thread