Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 01:20 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

My breakfast was oatmeal, a tablespoon of pumkin seeds and rasins on top and a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese. Lunch is going to be left-over pot roast with veggies, spinach salad and whatever fruit I buy at the grocery before work. Dinner is going to be one of DH pasta favorites - small serving for me augmented with broccoli, salad and fruit.

I am continuing to take a morning walk. I hope I don't get messed up on this next week while I am working the early shift. I will have to walk when I get home.
Old 09-25-2007, 07:42 PM   #77  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Hello ladies. Hot & humid again along the Gulf Coast. I'm doing better this week and think I've lost the weight I gained from the brownie trifle week. Haven't a clue what the ED was on it, but the recipe said it was about 460 calories per serving and 17 grams of fat. Yeah, real health food! I had skinless chicken and steamed chicken for dinner tonight. Much more sensible for weight control.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:12 PM   #78  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

It's probably best not to even try to figure that ED . . . . . . Some things are better left unknown.
Old 09-25-2007, 10:32 PM   #79  

Holy cow! I wonder how many calories were in the cheese cake I had the other day. I agree with Meowee, some things are better left unknown.
Old 09-26-2007, 06:24 AM   #80  
Onward and Downward

Old 09-26-2007, 10:01 AM   #81  
Onward and Downward

Okay . . . I'm back and I've calmed down a little. Had coffee; wrestled the garbage to the curb; fed everybody; -- and banished the nasty scale to the corner.

After three days of reading 226 . . . now that it is my official weigh-in morning, he had the audacity to register 228 AGAIN . . . we have been doing this same routine for two month's now. Let's see how he likes standing face to the wall for a while. He won't be coming out until the end of the month -- I know, it's not far off -- but it is a Sunday (usually one of my low days). Maybe this will at least break the pattern of the personal vendetta he has going for me. Then he will return to the corner until the end of October (a Wednesday ) Hopefully Mr. Scale will learn some manners by then.

Other than that, SSDD for me -- hope everybody else is having a great one -- See you later . . .
Old 09-27-2007, 06:15 AM   #82  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Up way to early this morning -- had my coffee -- picked up after the felines -- wondering what to do next. Exercise on Thursday is usually a "shop 'til you drop" with my buddy LouLou; but today it just might be "clean the garage" instead. Will see how things feel once I find out what the weather is going to be like. It is only now starting to get light out there. Guess it's that time of year.

Hope you all have great plans for the day . . . see you later . . .
Old 09-27-2007, 10:45 PM   #83  

Bad scale. That has got to be sooooo frustrating. Did you guys shop? When I do that, it is my credit card that gets the most exercise.

I was good yesterday and today. I ate the right stuff, and I did my little walk - three times today.

I got a hunk of salmon at the grocery and I poached it and froze most of the meat for future use. I made salmon tacos for lunch today: a flour tortilla, salmon, chopped cherry tomatoes, onions, cucumber and lettuce with a dollop of wasabi (low fat)mayo on top. Very tasty.

I think I may have solved my blue cheese salad dressing problem. I figure that blue cheese is pretty much pure grease, so I count it as 100 cal/Tablespoon and I don't use very much. So, today I mixed some light sour cream with kefir to get the proper consistency. Then I tossed in a few blue cheese crumbs and ran my immerison blender through it. That way the taste of the cheese gets dispersed in the dressing and I get the taste of blue cheese throughout the dressing, not just an occasional little lump of cheese. Of course, if you hate blue cheese dressing, this is of absolutely no interest.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:48 AM   #84  
Onward and Downward

Good Morning . . .

Did both the garage shovelling and the mall crawling yesterday . . . boy was I feeling proud of myself . . . then I blew all the great calorie burning by eating a whole 600 calories of Cote d'Or, 86% cocoa, chocolate . . . tasted awfully good mind you.

Weather today is raining. Supposed to clear up again sometime tomorrow afternoon and be good for the rest of the weekend. So far everything is pretty good with my world . . . did my morning exercises -- deep (better call that shallow) knee bends and some upper-body strength moves -- followed by protein pancakes for breakfast.

Nothing too exciting on my agenda for the day . . . how about you?
Old 09-28-2007, 09:48 PM   #85  

My DH or maybe that should be BH (bad husband) bought himself a couple of fancy candy bars and is storing them in the fridge until he gets a hankering for them. They have 1000 calories each. And there they are looking at me. He gave me one for my birthday and I am proud to say that it took me exactly one month to eat the entire candy bar, a square at a time every few days.

I took a friend to the local "big city" for a colonoscopy today. Afterwards, we went out to lunch. I had the senior soup and salad combo. The turkey sandwich was on a croissant, the salad had a ton of oily, salty dressing and would you believe that they served a rather large oatmeal cookie with the whole thing! Have you ever been served a cookie with a soup and salad meal?? I sure haven't. It would have never occurred to me in a million years to say "hold the cookie". I should have thought to ask for the salad dressing on the side. One must be ever vigilant.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:11 AM   #86  
Onward and Downward

Quote:
Originally Posted by gailr42 View Post
He gave me one for my birthday and I am proud to say that it took me exactly one month to eat the entire candy bar, a square at a time every few days.
Oh wow . . . that is impressive . . . I sometimes can manage being good like that for two or three days . . . then my willpower dissolves and I eat the rest in one sitting.

So far, I am not having a good day -- my stability ball seems to have sprung a leak and the video cable on my DVD has been chewed through by 'somebody'. So much for my 'exercise before breakfast' idea. Guess I'll be going shopping a little later. I'm hoping it will stop raining by this afternoon.

Have a great day, gang . . . see you later . . .
Old 09-29-2007, 10:19 AM   #87  

Hmmm....I wonder who that "somebody" could have been! The little sabateurs.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:31 AM   #88  
Onward and Downward

All I know for sure is that it wasn't 'me' . . . unless I've been 'sleep-chewing'.
Old 09-29-2007, 10:53 AM   #89  

Snort! Sleep chewing...

Last edited by gailr42; 09-29-2007 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-29-2007, 11:06 AM   #90  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

I had a friend once who was married to an electrician. He said that the reason animals seem to like to chew on electrical cords is because they get a bit of a thrill from the power running through the wires. Of course if they chew through it enough to actually hit the wires, they run the risk of getting too much of a thrill and frying themselves! So squirrels in the Attic and cats in the living room are just getting "high" when they do that. Don't know if that's really true, but it sounds good!

I'm officially on vacation for the next two weeks. Yahoo! I have lots of stuff planned - trimming hedges, replacing some boards on the fence, stuff like that. That should count toward exercise shouldn't it?
Closed Thread