Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 04:10 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5'2"

I weighed 151 this morning!!!!! I think I will wait a bit to change my ticker in case it was a fluke.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:35 AM   #32  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Good Morning everybody . . .

for your continued good numbers GAIL . . .

It's raining and it's supposed to continue raining for the rest of today and tomorrow. I did not sleep too well last night and this dreary weather is definitely adding to my feeling of sluggishness this morning. Hopefully, this too will pass.

Hope you all have a great day planned . . . see you soon . . .
Old 09-11-2007, 09:51 AM   #33  

Still 151!

I am really feeling sick this morning. I have a cold or something a little worse. Yuck.
Old 09-12-2007, 08:49 AM   #34  
Onward and Downward

Hi gang . . .

Hope you are soon feeling better, Gail. Congratulations on holding on to the 151 . . .

Weather around here can't make up it's mind about sunny or rainy today. It has definitely decided on windy and humid, though. I was drenched in sweat after lugging garbage to the curb. Hey, good exercise, and I've managed to catch up to my ticker weight again (guess that should be 'catch down to' ).

Hope you all have a great moving and shaking kind of day today . . .

Last edited by meowee; 09-12-2007 at 08:50 AM.
Old 09-12-2007, 07:35 PM   #35  

Height: 5ft 5.5in

Hello everyone! This week is going pretty well - at least food wise. We have a tropical storm coming in to town and it could drop a ton of rain on us. We'll be having lots of flooding in some neighborhoods I'm sure.

I'm hoping for a good weigh in on Saturday. I've been eating soup this week for dinner and I think it's really helping.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:00 PM   #36  

I can't believe all the strange weather folks have had this year. Ours has just been normal - hot, no rain.

They had a potluck at work today. I brought a nice fruit bowl . I planned to have a (very tiny) piece of the cheese cake that one of the guys makes. It was good! I also had half of a vegetarian stuffed red bell pepper. It had ourzo instead of rice which was different and very good. So, I did fine.

The pepper recipe - looks good for volumetrics to me.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/reci..._37558,00.html
Old 09-13-2007, 10:00 AM   #37  
Onward and Downward

Hi . . .

That recipe does sound pretty good on the ED without actually working it out -- maybe add some more onions and celery into the mix. I'm not a lover of stuffed peppers at the best of time though -- prefer them raw in salad.

Went to the kitchen to get a refill and found the freezer door open and Purrecious poking around inside. Not a fluke either, because after I removed her and made sure the door was closed, she simply popped it open again to continue her adventure. Then, when I came back up here, I couldn't figure out what the funny little noise was or where it was coming from -- until I found Frack curled up in a little storage box on the top shelf (right up at ceiling level) of the wall unit above my desk. Not even sure how she possibly got there. And having pets is supposed to be lowering my blood pressure.

Fall is definitely in the air -- the birds are flocking It is a lovely sunny and coolish day. High of 18 (low 60's) predicted. Trees will be changing soon.

Hope you all have a great day, too . . . see you soon . . .
Old 09-13-2007, 04:03 PM   #38  

My fridge has a bottom mount freezer. Roger has taken to jumping up into the refrigerator section when ever I open the door. Maybe he thinks he is helping me to choose something healthy to eat? Cats are so wierd!
Old 09-13-2007, 06:40 PM   #39  

Good afternoon everyone! Humberto blew up into a hurricane overnight and also moved off to the east so Houston didn't get a drop of rain. Works for me!

I had a cat one time that liked to climb into the refrigerator. One time I didn't know she was in there and I shut the door. Found her an hour later sitting on the bottom shelf shivering. You'd think that would have cured her but she still tried to get into the fridge every time the door was opened!
Old 09-14-2007, 12:54 AM   #40  

I was wondering if that ever happened! That cat was lucky you happened to open the fridge again.

My goodness, I expected all my Texas friends to be off-line now. I have a couple of others on another site I visit. I am very glad to hear that you are ok.

I had grilled salmon tonight. I grilled a small zuchinni with it. The rest of dinner was a giant spinach, watercress and cucumber salad with a bit of Trader Joe's light (40 cal/oz) Feta cheese, and TJ's ff vinaigrette and a bowl full of cantaloupe and grapes with mint and a spoon of light sour cream. Pretty darn good, if I do say so myself.

For lunch: A bowl of Good Housekeeping Magazine's diet soup with a can of clams added to it, a big salad and two wassa crackers with feta cheese.

For breakfast: a waffle - with nothing on it! Not so good, but I just got a new waffle baker and wanted to try it out. That one waffle didn't stay with me nearly as well as some of the other stuff I eat.

Inbetween, I had 1/4 cup trail mix, some more Feta and a Trader Joe's ff merengue cookie (22 cal). I don't eat the trail mix very often because 1/4 cup has almost 200 calories. I probably had a few other things, too, but no more cookies or trail mix. I eat all the grapes, melon and peaches I want, because I seem to keep loosing on this plan - if you can call it a plan.

I figured out that I have been loosing 3.875 lbs per month. Not a huge amount, but I hope I am learning about eating.
Old 09-14-2007, 09:03 AM   #41  
Onward and Downward

Hi . . .

Feeling kind of crummy today . . . ache all over and have a bit of a sore throat . . . the weather is looking a lot better than I'm feeling.

Hope everybody else has a good day . . .
Old 09-15-2007, 08:19 AM   #42  

Good morning all. I was able to move the ticker down a pound so I'm pretty pleased with this past week.

Meowee, hope you are feeling better this morning.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:00 AM   #43  

I am back to 152. I am sure I am just experiencing normal weight fluctuation. I just wish it would fluctuate down on my weigh-in day!
Old 09-15-2007, 09:02 AM   #44  
Onward and Downward

Hi there

It's raining today . . . that's okay. Since I still don't feel too great, I guess I'll just be having a lazy, stay-at-home, kind of day . . . maybe indulge in some laundry, if I can get up the energy.

I'm out of blueberries again and the price has mysteriously managed to double since the beginning of the week, so I'll be leaving them in the store. Made protein panckes with strawberries for breakfast this morning -- pretty good, but nowhere as wonderful as with the bb's.

Congratulations on the pound, Bobbigene.

Hi there Gail . . . I'm a tiny bit under my ticker yesterdy and this morning -- of course, who knows where it will be by Wednesday when it counts.

Hope everybody has a Volumetrically great day . . . see you soon . . .

Last edited by meowee; 09-15-2007 at 09:03 AM.
Old 09-15-2007, 08:35 PM   #45  

Last night DH made chili. I fixed mine up pretty much according to the weight watchers cookbook recipe. It was absolutely delicious. I don't think I would even want regular chili again. The WW recipe adds sauted carrots, green pepper, celery to the basic chili. In other words, they made it more volumetric. Not only did it taste good, it was very pretty.

I ate more than I should have over the last couple of days. I think it is because I still have this rotten cold and don't feel like doing anything else besides eat. Usually I have something going on to distract me a little from eating.
Closed Thread