Old 08-31-2007, 02:19 PM   #46  
maiat

S/C/G: 174/147/123

Height: 5'2"

My center said the same thing as Jer's - under 110. The yogurt I found that I really like is even less than that. The Dannon light and fit yogurt smoothies are 60 calories, 0 grams of fat, 6 grams of sugar. If you don't want it in smoothie form, there is also regular yogurt that is 60 calories as well.

Maia
maiat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:46 PM   #47  
LAWL Salt Police

Kimberly - YES! I didn't know they even made yogurt with that many calories.. Just kidding.. I'm in one of "those" moods today...

Seriously though... Activa Lite is NOT on the list? I wonder why.. Why are some "program approved" and others not? I mean, it's just low fat, low cal yogurt, right?

I guess it's not that big a deal, as I usually have the Lite and Fit Smoothies...

As for fiber, I've been using citracel (or however it's spelled).. They make a no-sugar version that still tastes pretty good...

While I was in Idaho at the fire, I didn't take anything to help with regularity, because I figured it would "hit" me when I was out in the forest.. Then with the trip to Cruces this week, that put me off too.. I'm hoping to get back in the saddle here soon...

Such a lovely topic..
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 12:39 AM   #48  

Height: 5'4"

No, Maia, I don't stick it back in the freezer, just let it sit on the counter for about 15 mintues. The frozen fruit softens just a little and it "freezes" the yogurt. Then I stick the Fiber One (and/or 10 walnuts) on top. YUMMMMM

Kimberly, I am not an expert, but I think that is way too many calories. The Activia Light has 70 calories per 4 ounce cup (1/2 dairy) and 3 g of fiber. Low in sugar too, about 6 g. (I think). I will ask tomorrow when I go to the COD to WI.

Dan and Maia - I am going to try those Dannon Light and Fit smoothies. I use mine with cereal anyway, so that ought to be great. Thanks for the idea.

BTW, I just completed 2 days of the Acceleration Plan that was in the Woman's World magazine and I am STARVING. Good thing I can eat again tomorrow. Hope it did some good, I can see how some people talk about it putting you into starvation mode. Don't think I could manage to do that every week like they say. I am on Red without lights. I used a whey bar called "think thin" instead of the lunas. A little more calories (about 40/bar) but I can't have soy. I honestly don't think that 80 calories additional for the two days made a difference. Loved eating that whole cantaloupe every day, though.

Wish me luck
shshshhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:07 PM   #49  
maiat

Roberta,

Thanks for the info. I will try it that way. I got some Fiber One this weekend and was amazed at how much I liked it. I thought it would probably be tasteless, but it wasn't!

Maia
Old 09-04-2007, 01:50 PM   #50  
Heather - East TN

S/C/G: 190.8/153.7/150.8

Height: 5' 7"

I think we have to determine what serving size we're talking about too. My Free to Live book (new plan) shows that 8 oz. of lite, artificially sweetened yogurt is a dairy exchange. I would think if you're being told by the COD that the yogurt should be under 110 calories, they would be referring to an 8 oz. serving. If that's the case, then yogurt that is 70 calories for 4 oz. is still exceeding that recommendation.

I've had trouble finding 8 oz. single-serving yogurt that is artificially sweetened and low- or non-fat. Everything seems to be 4 or 6 oz. I end up buying it by the quart. I measure out my one cup serving into a little ziploc container each morning and add frozen raspberries and peaches. It stays in the fridge then until about 3:30 and by then the fruit is pretty much thawed out and it's all very cold. That's the highlight of my day!!!
Heather115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 01:54 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 208/207.2/115

Height: 5 feet

Another good source of fiber is ground flaxseed
eander5696 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 07:59 PM   #52  

Smile Smoothies

Quote:
Originally Posted by maiat View Post
My center said the same thing as Jer's - under 110. The yogurt I found that I really like is even less than that. The Dannon light and fit yogurt smoothies are 60 calories, 0 grams of fat, 6 grams of sugar. If you don't want it in smoothie form, there is also regular yogurt that is 60 calories as well.

Maia
Maia - I finally remembered to get some of these today and just had one with the Fiber One and my frozen raspberries. Sooooooo yummy. Think I like it better than the Activia Light. You get a lot more for the 60 calories and since I eat it with the Fiber one, the consistency is better suited to the cereal.

Thanks again. Great suggestion
Roberta

Last edited by shshshhh; 09-04-2007 at 08:11 PM. Reason: Forgot my brand new ticker. sorry
Old 09-04-2007, 11:29 PM   #53  
Amy- Red w/Lites

S/C/G: 286/ticker/199

Height: 5'9

Just to add..my COD reccommended Steel Cut Oats. They take a while to cook, but with a little splenda they tasted pretty good, and let's just say they "worked" right away! I'd never had them before so I thought I spread the word.
amylou7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 02:59 PM   #54  
maiat

Roberta - I am so glad you like the smoothies. I was so excited when I found them, because I love them too! You can't beat the serving size vs. the calorie count. P.S. have you ever tried the Fiber One Honey Clusters? I bought a box of that too, in order to get some variety in my diet. The Fiber One Honey Clusters are about 100 cal more per serving, but I seem to lose more when I am eating a variety of foods vs. eating the same thing every day. Just a thought.

Heather in TN - That is a great idea to buy it in a large container and measure it out. It is probably cheaper that way too! If you ever have a need for convenient travel sizes try the Dannon Light and Fit Yogurt - it is 40 calories/4 oz., so it is 80 cal./8 oz.

They also have Smoothies that are 70 cal./7 oz.

Emily - I have heard that flaxseed is a good source of fiber, but I have never seen it in the grocery store. Do you get it at a healthfood store?

Amy - Thanks for the info on steelcut oats. I have never tried them either, but I think I will!
Old 09-06-2007, 04:42 PM   #55  

Maia: Oh yummy sounding, will look for the Fiber One Honey Clusters too. I saw some fiber cereal in Trader Joes: What do you think?

Trader Joe's High Fiber Fruit and Nut Multigrain Medley
calories: 90 (2/3 cup serving)
fat: 0 g
Cholesterol: 0 g
Sodium: 55 mg (nice and low)
Dietary fiber: 7 g
Solublefiber: less than 1g
Insoluble fiber: 7 g
Sugars: 6g
Protein: 2 g

Anyone ???

Last edited by shshshhh; 09-06-2007 at 04:58 PM. Reason: messed up typing
Old 09-07-2007, 01:41 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 187/171.8/150

Height: 5feet 4inches

I love the fiberone series - all super good!
I found "source" yogurt made by yoplait - 0% fat - 50 cal per 4 oz...best deal going.
QueenLucia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 11:20 AM   #57  
maiat

Roberta - The Trader Joe's stuff looks good. You may want to get some to change it up a bit. I know that always helps me when it comes time to weigh in.

Lucia - I've never heard of Source yogurt, but I will look for it at the grocery store. I thought my yogurt was good, but yours has mine beat hands down!! Thanks for the info.