Old 07-11-2007, 01:00 PM   #16  

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by crnbred View Post
I would like the option to eat regular food when I don't want something sweet. If you get more food when not doing L.A. Lites, what kind of food is it? Can someone tell me what the food exchange is per L.A. Lite?
I am on purple now.
Currently I get: 2 proteins, 4 Veggies, 3 Fruits, 2 Starches, 1 Dairy, 1 Fat and 2 LA Lites.

What changes on the gold plan? Do my proteins and fruits increase? I can't find a gold menu plan online. Will they give me one if I ask for it?
crnbred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:30 PM   #17  
DixieChick

S/C/G: 175/150/140

Height: 5'7"

Does anybody use the Gold Plan with Lites some days and the Purple Plan w/o Lites on another? I was wondering if you could do that because sometimes I need to make an adjustment in case I over eat or forgot my lites and am away from the house. I am on Gold w/ lites.
aguerin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 01:33 PM   #18  
DixieChick

crnbred

I think you would go up to Red and not down to gold if you dropped the lites on the purple plan.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:44 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

This is going to sound blunt, but I'm going to post it anyway.

I wouldn't recommend switching plans by the day. It could get confusing, and I would just think that you should do the program as written to get the best results. Fighting the program, making adjustments, and bending the rules is how a lot of people get frustrated and then claim the program doesn't work. If you invested the money in the program, then invest the personal commitment to see it through.

You can do the program with the lites or without. But you need to be honest with your counselors. You can't expect them to help you if you're not honest with what you are telling them. And you can't expect to get the best results if you aren't following the program. If you make the decision not to do the lites, don't worry that the program won't work, but be honest with your COD and tell them so they can adjust your program.
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 02:02 PM   #20  
DixieChick

I see your point Cassi about switching from day to day. I just thought it would be better to adjust to your circumstances if needed by dropping the lights. I will follow your advice and not flip/flop.
Old 07-11-2007, 02:25 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

The whole post wasn't aimed at you, but rather just a general statement based on things that I've seen on the board. It's an overwhelming thing when you're new to the program and you're trying to balance what you are being told at the COD and then you see things here that aren't the same. I just wanted to point out that we all have suggestions to make, but you are paying your COD so you should make sure you are honest with them too. It's not wrong to question them, but sometimes reading all of the different posts on this board makes some people more skeptical than they need to be and then they don't trust their COD, which is a recipe for failure.

Thanks for letting me vent...
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:38 PM   #22  
Marleymom

S/C/G: 176/156/120

Height: 5'1"

I am currently on GOLD w/2 lites. The lites are too expensive for me. I have about 3 boxes left and I am not going to buy any more. I have been on the plan for about a month. If I switch to LUNA Bars, how do it tell them at the COD or do I? I would not want them every day, just for an occasional sweet. But, I don't want to mess up my menu plan. Suggestions?
Marleymom is offline   Reply With Quote