Old 05-02-2007, 01:14 PM   #16  
Val

Sherry:

I have been on LAWL since March 19 and your post has forced me out of lurkerdom. Although I had been interested in joining LAWL for about a year, I kept telling myself that I couln't afford it (I am a single mom with a child about to enter university in the fall). Then one of the partners of the company I work for who knows my situation approached me with a deal I could not refuse - he offered for the company to pay for the program for me in appreciation of a few projects I had done for him. However, I now find that the CEO of the company is refusing to allow the claim for me to be reimbursed. In my case I have a lot to lose so it is no small chunk of change. Even though I now know I will not be getting that money back, I do not regret for one moment joining. I find that having to face that scale and the counsellor 3 times a week keeps me on track, to the point that when I found out yesterday I would not get the money back, when I picked up groceries on my way home I fell back into my old habits and threw in a package of cookies for some comfort food, but the knowledge that I have to
WI today made me put the cookies away and I gave them away this morning. All I can say is go for it and you won't regret it.
Jrny2aNewMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:16 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 260/252.6/125

Height: 5'1 1/2"

Welcome Sherry and welcome jrny... Glad you came out of "lurkerville".
bizlawchik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 06:44 PM   #18  
Katie

Height: 5'1

Welcome Jrny! No more lurking, now, we would love to get to know you!
Repo girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 09:41 PM   #19  

Height: 5'9"

Hello again, went to WI today and lost another pound! This is actually WORKING! I haven't had success in the past who knows how many years, gotta keep it going and I think this site with all these great people is part of my success. Thanks to everyone!

Letisha - twin - are you out there?
BobbySam is offline   Reply With Quote