Old 01-24-2007, 07:55 AM   #1  

Default Home Scale

Hi everyone!
Just a quick question on home scales. How long is the typical life span and what kind do you have. The one I currently have is a healthometer digital and it seems to weigh you differently every time you step on it.....like if you do it 3 times you get 3 different weights so I think it is time to throw it out and get a new one. Just curious to what ya'll have and what ya think about it. I see there are some fancy ones that do body fat now and WW has a couple out now as well as the homedics. Thought I'd do a poll before I go out and buy a new one.
Nascar Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:07 AM   #2  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

I have a pretty cheap WW scale. I bought it at Walmart. It wasn't the cheapest one there.....but it was pretty close to that. I didn't want to spend a ton of $$$ to make me even crazier than I already am about my weight. Ends up, it is the best scale I have ever owned. It reads the same EVERY time I WI. Not the same for different days....LOL, but if I step on it 10 times, it reads the same. I think it is a homedics with the WW logo on it.....oh nope, it is a conair, with the WW logo on it. It doens't give any other info.........just weight in 0.2 increments. Good luck
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:18 AM   #3  
Nancy is on the go again

S/C/G: 190/ticker/140

Height: 5'3'

I must have the same scale as NascarGirl, for I weight 3 times every morning, and it gives me 3 different weights. I pick the heaviest weight and go by that. But, 30 minutes later, I weight in at the COD and had to add 2 more pounds to the heaviest weight on home scale.

I think I'll go to Walmart, and buy Nicole's scale. It at least agrees with itself. Thanks for the tip Nicole, and thanks for the question, NascareGirl!
LittleBlueCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 08:45 AM   #4  
Intuituve Eater

S/C/G: 378/378/320

Height: 5'7

I had one of the wacky scale and if i stepped on 20 times it gave me 20 different reading with huge difference. It made me crazy I threw that out and bought a Tanita scale, best things I ever did.

If I weigh myself a couple times it MIGHT change .2, so I'm am extremely happy. I will say it was a little pricey, but it was recommended to me by some people on here so I took a chance.
Obsidianbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:01 AM   #5  
Kim - IP 9/10

Height: 5'4"

I have a Tanita that gives me the same readings. It does body fat %, but I am skeptical about that because my % hasn't changed much even though I KNOW I have added muscle (there's a lot less jiggling around).
Kimphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:21 AM   #6  
LAWL Salt Police

We have a very old scale that I never use.. It's so far out of whack that it's useless and just takes up space.. Why Liz doesn't throw it away, I'll never know.. .. Actually, the last time I stepped on it, it said I weighed 200, so maybe I should keep it..

We've held off buying a new scale at home partly because our COD recommends against it, lest 1. we have different readings from their scale and 2. We get obsessed with constant weigh in's...
Dan2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 10:22 AM   #7  
hdsQrl - Megan on LAWL

S/C/G: 200.2/172/140

Height: 5'5"

I don't know the brand of mine off-hand, but it was around $60 and has a pink breast cancer ribbon sticker on it. It does the body fat and hydration levels, too, but you can also just step on it and weigh normally. It seems to be pretty consistent, but maybe too much so. I'll go down in ounces at the COD, but my scale will say the same weight for like 5 days in a row. It's almost like it wakes up once a week, gets my current weight, and then just tells me that weight for the next several days in a row. Weird.
hdsqrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 11:15 AM   #8  
Post-Master

S/C/G: 235/213/150

Height: 5'7"

BTW, my scale cost between 25 and 30 bucks. It isn't cute or anything, but it works.
Mama Nicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:36 PM   #9  

Thanks everyone! I think I'll get the WW one that you suggested Nicole. I don't wanta lot of fancy stuff on it so that sounds like a good one in my price range!
Nascar Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 02:39 PM   #10  
Megan

S/C/G: size 14/ pudgy size 10/Size 8

Height: 5'5"

What about just not weighing yourself at home?

Since I was going crazy weighing myself at home, I now only weigh in at COD, if I think I was bad I'll spend the day POP. Granted staying POP hasn't made much of a difference lately.
marzbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 10:07 PM   #11  
Barb on LAWL

Height: 5'3"

I have a Conair digital scale. It only does the rounded weight but it is pretty consistant. I can get on it 3 times and it will say the same each time.
Barb316 is offline   Reply With Quote