Jorge Cruise For followers of the 3 Hour Diet or 8 Min in the Morning

Old 07-17-2005, 08:29 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 252/247/130

Default * ~ Intro's and Bios ~ *

Hello there all you cruisers!!

I don't think as long as we have been following Jorge Cruise's The 3 Hour Diet, have we really had an intro and bio thread. So please come on over and introduce yourself to the group, tell us alittle bit about yourself and tell other what other plans you have followed and what brought you to the JC plan. Tell us why you feel you have not succeeded with the other plans before and why. Tell us what you feel is your biggest obstacle in the weighloss journey and how you thing the The 3 Hour Diet can help you over come these obstacles.

So come on over and tell everyone about yourself! This will allow any of the new members that come along to get to know alittle about you too!!
Old 07-17-2005, 08:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Hello Everyone,

I found Jorge Cruise's 3-hr-diet by watching Good Morning America. Jorge was on and talking about his diet. Sounded good to me. I began around the same time as Laurie - not sure when exactly. During the time I have been on (mostly off) the program, I have not lost bc I have not stuck to it. I believe the program works, but only if you work the program.

I have to tell you that the group of friends I have made with the Lifetime Losers is more important to me than my weight loss. I am my DH's primary caregiver and during the past months, I have had a lot of caring that needed to be given. At one point, I didn't know if I was going to be able to get him out of a nursing home. The women in this group were ALWAYS there for me. More than ANYone else. I feel gifted to have found this group of wonderful, beautiful, caring women.

I'm the oldest LL'r - sometimes known as "Mother Lynn" - especially when I start giving advice. I have NEVER before found any group - online or f-2-f - with such great people.

If you want to give yourself a great gift, I suggest you come join our group. You won't be sorry you did.

Lynn
Old 07-17-2005, 09:48 AM   #3  

I found one of JC-s first book, 8mm for extra easy whait lose, and I read it. But I never tryed it. Until one day, when I was really upset, because the latest plan, what my doctor adviced me GI diet,(i heard so much good) about it, still didn't worked for me. ( I have tryed everything: ww, Jenny creag, low fat, callorie ****ing, Dr Phil, the Zone, Scarsdale, Fit for Life, Atkins) I think that's all, if i missed something, sorry, it's just to many.
I didn't started the plan before i realized that at the end of the book there is a website for support. I went there and started the program. After the first week I lost 6lb, but on the second I was so hungry and fastrated, that I just couldnt do it, I quited the plan for about 3weeks. On this 3 weeks i was trying to found a group to belong to. where I found us. LL-rs. I realized that I have been in plans before, but I never lost 6lb in the first week, and I was happy that this group was there for me for support. I received enormous ammont of help and support from this group, and I know for certain, that without you girls i would not be able to stay on the plan. I feel home in here.
I dont have to cheat, lie what i eat or what I havn't. not for me, and not for the group. Everytime when i come to the site, I feel like coming home. You girls are my 2nd family. I'm proud to belong. Thank you.
Everyone who want's to be part of this group is welcomed. You can get the best of friends, peace, support, love, compation, home etc... in here. Help is always available in here.
You will be happy here just like me, and it makes your weight lose easier.

Julianna
Old 07-22-2005, 12:20 PM   #4  

Hey ladies-I just saw this post and thought I would tell ya a little bit more about myself. I found Jorge Cruise's 8MM book for the exercise when I was at the lowest of all low's. I sat in a book store until I found the right book. I started Jorge Cruise and lost 2 pounds a week for the first 3 weeks and then I resigned from my job. We took a trip for the 4th and to return some things to my employer and I just lost it and got off track. I then went to training for my new job and was wined and dined and was off plan-that was 2 weeks off plan-I gained back all weight but 1 pound. I got back on plan on Monday and am hoping so badly to see a loss. I too have tried everything WW, LAWL, Sugar Busters, Atkins, Fit For Life, Bob Greene, Carb Addicts, low fat, low calorie, etc. etc. etc. BUT I can never seem to stay on plan very long-I have always struggled with my weight, but was very active in Softball-even played in college-that is when I developed a eating disorder and was 130 lbs and falling apart. Got help, got better, got fat again. Then I started exercising and low fat and lost about 25 lbs...kept it off for over a year and then moved away from home for a job. Started gaining huge amounts of weight in just months. Kept trying to diet-but failed and failed and failed-was my heaviest at my wedding-so sad. Then had a baby-fortunately I didn't gain much weight b/c I was sick the entire time-lost it all and then some-now here I am. In the last year I did Michael Thurmond's 6 week body makeover and lost 11 lbs in 2 weeks-then got sick-gained it all back-then started taking Phentermine-lost 15 pounds-gained it all back-SO HERE I SIT-trying to stick to a plan-trying to get my life straight-I am so tired of this rollarcoaster. I need to be healthy again for my child and my husband. I really need to do this right this time.
Ok-I'll shut up now-but that's my story .
Old 07-22-2005, 02:14 PM   #5  
Lifetime Losers

I am Donna. Married 10 years to Dan, 6 kids 5 girls 1 spoiled rotten baby boy. I live in SW Washington State. Been on JC's plan since June 6, the same day I saw a copy of his book at a friends house. I literally signed up on line as soon as I got home and went the next day and bought the book. My story is the same as all of yours. Tried it, didn't work or gained it all back. . . . then do it again! I went to Mexico in Febuary with my family and have always been the big one. Seeing the picture made me really not like myself very much! When we go back in January '06 I will be 160 lbs and 60 lbs lighter. I figured I could look back from then and wish I had done something about my body 7 months ago or I could say the last 7 months FLEW by and here I am!!!! Looking good! I came to a realization that I was this fat 5 years ago and I will be in another 5 years if I don't change something. So here I am!
Old 07-22-2005, 05:00 PM   #6  
Lifetime Loser

Hi, I'm Phyllis from South Florida and one of the older ones of the group. Married (for the 3rd time, was widowed twice) 18 yrs., 3 Children, 2 step-children, 7 grandbabies all under the age of 5. Own an office supply store.....yep a female business owner We have a Doberman (Rusty) and 2 cats.

I also have been on every plan there is. I lost 45 lbs a couple years ago on a local diet center plan of low carb and then gained all of it back over a period of several months. Then I saw JC on tv and thought it sounded like I could do this plan.

I haven't lost any weight, actually I am up right now from a vacation but I know this diet will work and I won't give up the diet or my new friends here.
The support is the main reason I stayed too....this is a great group of women.

So I am getting back on plan and getting the water in which is so important and going to start fresh on Sunday........with a higher weight but a new attitude!!!

We can do this ladies.............Phyllis
Old 07-24-2005, 12:28 PM   #7  
Lifetime Loser

just bumping BUMP
Old 07-24-2005, 01:06 PM   #8  
LIFETIME LOSER!!!!!!

Well I saw a book review on the News and he was one of them. My DH actually pointed it out. I searched the web site for a couple of days and then for my birthday present from Dh and myself I signed up. I did good the first couple weeks, fell away and came back strong, but the weight lose has been slow it has been consistant, I lose about 1 pound a week. And thats with no exercise at all. So I know if I did exercise I would see a 2lb lose weekly, causeI would do a lot of cardio.

NowI am trying to get my mom on the diet. Her birthday is next month. Maybe I'll go buy the book for her a month early. We are also trying to get her online here. Been very busy though.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:50 PM   #9  

I would reccommend to anyone to buy the book, its such a fantastic reference!
Old 07-25-2005, 05:58 PM   #10  
Lifetime Losers

Bump!
Old 07-25-2005, 08:19 PM   #11  
Looser In Training

Hi ladies! Newbie here. I'm posting my bio so that you all can get to know me. I am 32-years old, and have been overweight most of my life (or so I thought). The diets I've tried were Weight Watchers, 6-Week Body Makeover, and too many pills to even mention. I've had successes on both diet plans, but each one has its drawbacks. With 6WBMO, I ate every couple of hours, but it restricted all added salt, sugar, caffine, and fat. Needless to say, I had migraines, the shakes, and digestive issues on this plan. WW gave me the freedom to eat what I wanted, but mainly 3 meals per day and lots of counting and figuring out points. I was successful on this one, but only eating 3 times a day caused me to have major fatigue.

I've only been on the 3-hour diet for one day, but I definitely feel more energized than I have in a few months. Not only am I following the plan and the workouts, I am also doing additional cardio videos -my favorite right now is Leslie Sansone's Walk & Jog.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:56 AM   #12  
Lifetime Loser

Bump, Bump, Bump
Old 07-26-2005, 10:16 AM   #13  

Several of our ladies do Leslie's walking tapes!
Old 07-26-2005, 11:11 PM   #14  
cruisequilt

A little bit about me if you didn't see me on the JC site.
I am Wendy and I am 55 mother of 3 grown kids and have been married to the love of my life who says i am beautiful at any weight for 32 years in Dec.
I was born premature witha identical twin and was not supposed to make it but i did but my twin didn't. I was always a normal weight until i reached puberty adn then was a bit chubby but lost it shortly after and was slim until I started having my kids. I had no trouble losing the baby weight after the first one but after that I just kept gainning and trying every diet known to man. My real weight problem started after my DD was born 20 years ago and then DH got sick and i was under alot of stress. I did Phen Phen, Low fat, Low Calorie, Carb Addicts,Bob Green,Body for life, and WEight Watchers 4 or 5 times. I was doing Weight Watchers when i came across the 3 hour diet and it made sence to me. I joined the site on June 5 and have lost 12 lbs so far. I am post menopausal and have to take daily anti-inflamatorys so this a up hill battle for me all the time. I have been working out at Curves since MArch of 04 and finally found something that is not to hard on my joints..you see i have over 100 lbs to lose. I really need this group to help me through the hard times. I live up in northern Canada next to Alaska.My DD and I are very close and i have had a hard time when she is away at University during the year.I get bored and lonely and down and eat.
I am a avid quilter especially in the winter months and have three dogs one of which i like to show and do dog sports with in the summer. We have 2 Cardigan Welsh Corgi's and 1 one year old Back Lab. i know I will be right in there posting as soon as I feel i know this plan inside and out. looking forward to getting to know all of you real well. Hugs,
Wendy
325/313/175
Old 07-27-2005, 11:19 AM   #15  
Shannon

my weight problems started a little over 10 years ago when i was diagnosed with hypothyroidism. i put on some weight but managed to lose it and stay around 120-125. then i had my first ds and kept an extra 10 lbs. then had my 2nd ds and kept another 10 lbs. that put me at my highest 150 and i freaked. a year ago i signed up with a personal trainer and over 6 months got down to 133 and 23% body fat. then last may i did what every i wanted and put 10 back on. i enjoy working out really hard and my arms are defined and my legs are hard as a rock. my problem is that i am thick through the middle. ther is this 5 inch band of fat below my belly button and all around that i can't seem to shed (and a little here or there to) i have considered lipo or a tummy tuck but want to see if i can do it on my own. it's amazing how much your self esteme is affected because of a little weight. i am about 141-142 right now which puts me in my old clothes, too big and my new clothes are all too tight. it's like a little dailey reminder ya know. oh well that is me and my weight troubles in a nutshell.