Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 12-16-2006, 12:34 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 284/259/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Hi!

Hi!

I am new here. I have been on a couple of other weight loss boards and have found that the threads are predominantly OT or that people who are trying to lose weight have nothing better to do than criticize a certain group of people who just lost a lot of weight ; )

So, I went in search of a new home and here I am. I lurked this morning and decided this looked like a good place to be.

I started my weight loss journey on Nov 1 after being told by my spine surgeon at a post-op visit that I have two degenerative discs that will need to be replaced at some point but that I should "consider gastric bypass or lapband surgery". There is no way that I am doing that..I have a live in trainer and it was time to start listening to him for the first time in 11 years.

Well, I have found that there is no motivation like a serious health condition and I have lost 25 lbs as of today. I haven't been able to workout b/c I re-herniated a disc 2 weeks after that dr. visit and had to have surgery again last week. Monday is my post-op appt and I am sure I will hear "it" again but it will be nice to say that I have lost 25 lbs already. I cut my portions and drink water, water and more water. I have no idea how many glasses I am drinking a day but I have a fav. cup I take everywhere with me and a box of straws. As soon as it is empty I re-fill it so I always have a glass of water by me. This is saying a lot b/c I was a coca cola addict for so long....Could put away 2 liters a day if it was available to me....

Anyways, I look forward to losing with all of you!
thewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 207/207/160

Height: 5'3"

Hello and Welcome to the forums. I have not heard anyone get criticized here yet.
MissieA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:12 PM   #3  
Never want to go back!

S/C/G: 338.4/190.8/165

Height: 6 ft

Welcome, thewife! I think you'll fiid this site is much more than you found with your previous experiences. Looking forward to getting to know you!
CLCSC145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 04:10 AM   #4  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Hello & , thewife and on losing 25 lbs already, that is awesome!

This is a great site with a bunch of kind and supportive and FUN people!

Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote