Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-18-2006, 12:13 PM   #1  
MeoW

S/C/G: 275/215/160

Height: 5'7

Default Not so New

Hey all, im not new to 3fc and DEFINATLY not new to attempting to lose weight!
Im lookin for a buddy or 2 to keep my butt in line and of course i will return the favor! haha
im 22 and a s.a.h.m. of a 6 month old baby boy. I have about 90 lbs to lose, and I would LIKE to do it by next summer
Im just basically counting calories and lotsa water. When my boyfriend gets home ( he works out west on the oil rigs) i might join the gym, but for now walks around the neighbourhood will have to do, i might go dig out the big pilates ball or whatever its called that i have in the basement....i never used it for anything other than a footstool...haha i guess i could look up some exercizes for that haha
anyways! drop me a line!
cupcake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 12:28 PM   #2  
Debbie B.

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'4"

Default Just "rejoined" today!

Hi Cupcake,
I'm not new to 3FC either and its a GREAT idea to have a buddy to talk to. I am not a gym person (although I have belonged to every single one in my town at some point in time!) I like to walk around the neighborhood for an hour and call it a workout I am currently following a weight watchers plan although I do not attend the meetings anymore. This website is not only great for support but they have a lot of good recipes too. I like to cook (and LOVE to eat ) I'm 38, married, have a 15 year old son, and work as a bookkeeper. Drinking lots of water is difficult for me especially in the winter, I can't stand to drink anything cold when I'm cold. Do you flavor it with anything? Good luck with your weight loss and let me in on any tips you might have!
debbie1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:14 PM   #3  
MeoW

S/C/G: 275/215/160

Height: 5'7

Hey debbie....LOL to the belonging to every gym in town thing, thats me too, hopefully this time i might stick with it for longer than a week.
I was following weight watchers and I have all the materials, so we will see how I do with the cal counting, if that isnt working out for me I might go back to it.

as for flavoring the water, i just like it cold with ice but sometimes i buy a lemon and squeeze it in there, or crystal light sometimes
cupcake84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 11:10 AM   #4  
Debbie B.

S/C/G: 180/168/140

Height: 5'4"

I just bought some Crystal Light yesterday. Do you have a certain day that you weigh on? I weigh in on Tuesday evenings with my family. We kind of have a contest going on. I walked for an hour last night and I think it helped me sleep. Last night was the first night in about a week and a half that I didn't wake up in the middle of the night and lay there for a couple of hours. I know that when I'm eating right and exercising and sleep SO much better.
debbie1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2006, 09:14 PM   #5  
I'm on the wagon

S/C/G: 314/275.5/125

Height: short stuff

HI

Just wanted to welcome you guys and say hello!

Cupcake I'm originally from Nova Scotia too, but moved to BC 2 yrs ago. (hubby in military)
I started my 'diet' (though it's long term not short term) the day after hubby went away last time. I thought it would be a great time to get myself on track when all I had was me to deal with. It worked out great. It also gave me something else to focus on except feeling bad that my husband wasn't home.

Congrats to you also on your new baby!

Debbie and cupcake.. the water really is a major player in this weight loss game. I'm not a big water lover either. I keep mine in one of those regular water bottles you buy in the store (you know, the one thats the size of a coke or pepsi). I have one of those with every meal and that kills off most of the water I'm required to have for the day. Another one with the exercise (or 2) and that pretty much brings it up to what you should have (give or take). Hope that helps.

I really like my water ice cold.. so I sometimes put mine in the bottle before meal time and keep it in the freezer just long enough for it to form ice on the top.

~ Angie
Abbeycat36 is offline   Reply With Quote