Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-13-2006, 11:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 190/181/135

Height: 5'3"

Default Hello from chilly Ontario!

Well, may as well plunge straight in!

I'm Tori, a single mother to an almost-four year boy who is both aazing and exhausting

I was diagnosed with Depression a year ago in the Spring and have been battling it since without feelign like I'm *really* getting anywhere.

I've been told most of life that I'm fat but in actuality have only had weight issues since graduating University .... oh geeze, 12 years ago. I'm an emotional eater

I've recently returned to the gym where I am LOVING weight lifting. I'm pretty pleased with my progress in most areas but have a long way to go. I very much want to get rid of my gut & various floppy bits and build some muscle.

My diet needs a fair bit of work still but it's improved some.

I have a bunny & a sheltie, work at a job that I unfortunately do not like, love to read, listen to most kinds of music, and can be a little wacky.

That's probably enough to start off with!!

Hi!
bunnyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 03:22 PM   #2  
suz
suz

S/C/G: 178/150.6/135

Default suz

Hi Bunnyboo
I am also from chilly Ontario I joined 3FC a few years back then left and have come back again Its nice to have others who are trying to lose weight and get back into shape I am doing cardio and weights You said you are doing weights but are you doing any cardio exercise as well? i have only been doing this for about a month but already feel much better
suz
suz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 07:55 PM   #3  

Hi Suz, thanks for the welcome!

I do a little cardio. I work-out on the elliptical machine at the gym for 15 min 2x/week before weight trainign sessions & then have a longer session once a week. I walk about 20 minutes every day as well, but that's it for now.

I can't believe the weather we've had here the last week, brrrrr!

Do you belong to a gym? I know that's been a big help for me in upping my activity level - can't blame the crappy weather, lol!
Old 10-14-2006, 09:33 PM   #4  
suz
suz

Default suz

I do not belonf to gym but go to a class 2 or 3x/week the classes are taught by 2 women one has been doing the class for about 3 years but exercising for about 20 The women is a certifed trainer both are really good and do different workouts so its not always the same and we also do weights after the cardio
suz
Old 10-15-2006, 01:04 PM   #5  
SW:230 CW:205 GW:155

yay for floppy bits! I have a few myself that I need to get rid of. Me - I've been plateaud for a good six months...I've tried detoxing and changing different things is my workout regimes to help give the boost that my metabolism needs to get working again but now much luck.
where about in sw ontario are you? I'm in toronto. Just a 29-y-o gal working to pay rent, feed cats and go back to night school.
Sookynah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2006, 07:02 PM   #6  

Classes are good too suz - I'd like to add in a class or two myself!

hiya Sookynah! I'm a couple hours West of you, in London. I gre up in Etobicoke though. ugh, plateuas are frustrating, aren't they? hope you break out of yours soon! What are you working on at night school?
Old 10-16-2006, 07:02 AM   #7  
suz
suz

Good day to you both
i will be going off to my cardio and weight class today then i have to go to work tonight for 2 nights Next week I have to work days for 2 weeks so I will miss my exercise classes so will have to something on my own at home!!! i find it hard trying to do it on my own Any ideas?
suz
Old 10-16-2006, 10:46 AM   #8  

At home throw on some good tunes & dance for your cardio! For weight stuff, do you have any free weights at home? If not:

You can work your triceps by doing dips. Grab a dining room chair and place your hands behind you on it. Legs bent at an angle so you're "sitting" in the air in front of the chair. Bend your arms to lower yourself, then raise.

Work your chest with push-ups. Do 'em up the stairs if you have a tough time doing full ones flat. See how few steps you need to go up.

You can do bent over rows, curls, flies by using filled water bottles. Even kitties can be used to do some moves if they'll co-operate, lol!

Squats are great at-home exercises too.

That's all I can think of for now, hope it helps some!
Old 10-16-2006, 11:47 AM   #9  
suz
suz

yes I do have free weights so Iwill use those and I will try the dancing
thanks suz
Old 10-23-2006, 08:51 PM   #10  
suz
suz

bunnyboo How are you today? I justed worked all weekend and this is the first I have had chance to get here i went to myexercise class today was a good workout feel pretty good i think I will proably weigh in tomorrow and measure myself i keep a log of my progress on my computor and how i am feeling Hope it all works Let me know how you are doing
suz
Old 10-25-2006, 02:27 PM   #11  

Hey Suz, thanks for asking after me! Glad you had a good exercise class!

Not having a good day but overall doing well. Down a couple pounds & able to wear some pants that were too tight a few weeks ago, yay!
Old 10-27-2006, 07:41 PM   #12  
suz
suz

Hi I weighed my self the other day and since early in sept I have lost 4 lbs and 4 inches I just have to do better with the amount of food I am eating I just worked 2 midnight shifts and Have had very little sleep since Wednesday and do not eat good when those shifts I get cravings for anything junk
Keep at it and keep losing those lbs Just remember this is for ourselves not anyone else Keep in touch and we can help each other through this
suz