Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 10-12-2006, 12:15 PM   #1  

Unhappy Help Wanted...Help Needed...Will Work for Weight Loss

Hi,
I stumbled across 3 fat chicks while looking for something else on the internet. I think I landed where I need to be. I am a young active 62 year old who has dealt with a weight problem ever since I was 13 years old. Most of my adult life, I've done OK and kept my weight under control close to or within 30 lbs of my ideal weight. This past year I got divorced, moved to a different state, started a new job that is a great and very stressful and gained 58 lbs making me now 91 lbs over my ideal weight I have developed Type II diabetes and fear that if I don't get a handle on the eating I am doing related to stress and anxiety...that I will comprimise my health and longevity for the rest of my life. I have joined a health club that is associated with a local hospital, and I am determined to take a sensible approach to eating and exercise to lose this weight. My biggest challenges are related to time...making my time to go to the health club and taking time to prepare meals to eat sanely...in my time pressured schedule. I need to learn to put me and my well being first, but I find myself feeling guilty when I do that and I feel like I have to steal time to take care of myself. I know I need an attitude adjustment. I am grateful that I found this website and welcome any help those of you who identify with my situation can give me. I would love to find some kindred souls to go with me on this journey. Thanks
NotaQuitter
notaquitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:23 PM   #2  
lilybelle

S/C/G: 234/142/145

Height: 5'7

Just wanted to say hi and welcome. You've came to the right place for help and advice. Realizing that you need to put yourself first is a big step. Never feel guilty for this. Congratulations on getting started.
lilybelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 01:34 PM   #3  

Hi lilybelle,
You are an inspiration. Your before and after pictures dramatically show what focusing and making your weight loss goal a priority can result in. Congratulations on reaching your goal. Thanks for the welcome note and the encouragement. I'm afraid that before I found this website I was thinking that I would have to accept that this is the way my body will be for the rest of my life. I am so uncomfortable that I just can't accept that I have to carry this burden around. In August I went on a cruise to Alaska. Carrying my 50 lb. suitcase around really showed me what a tremendous burden I am putting on my body every day carrying an extra 91 lbs. Its got to go!
notaquitter
notaquitter

Last edited by notaquitter; 10-12-2006 at 01:35 PM. Reason: misspelling
notaquitter is offline   Reply With Quote