Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-27-2006, 02:11 PM   #1  

Height: 5'1"

Talking Hello from Manhattan.... KS.

Hello everyone.
My name is Julie and I totally need to get on some kind of program. I want to be healthier, and I am having a hard time choosing the correct path.

A few years back I had incredible success with Weight Watchers, but life changed and I gained almost every pound back. I just don't know if I could do it again because the circumstances of my life are different now than they were when I was on WW. I'm thinking now about getting onto Nutrisystem.. So, I was wondering if anyone had any luck with it.

Either way, I need to do something soon. At the end of this week I'm planning on getting a gym membership which will be good and get me moving. I can't wait!!

Hope to hear from some of you soon!
Julie

Imajika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 303.5/see ticker/153.5

Height: 5'5"

Hi Julie. I'm from Lawrence. We have a center here called Metabolic Research Center and I'm doing their program. It's working wonders for me. I'm someone who needs to be told exactly what to eat. I need structure. There are centers all over the country but there are only 2 in Kansas. Lawrence and Leawood. If you wouldn't mind a once a week drive to Lawrence, it would be worth looking into. Good luck!
Manda2831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 02:30 PM   #3  

That's not a bad idea. How much is that costing you, if I can ask.. And what types of foods are you eating and such?

All I know is that right now, I'm living alone so pre-made or packaged meals would rock for me cause I just don't ever cook for myself.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:20 PM   #4  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Talking

Hello, from down here in Oklahoma!

I'm not on any certain system right now. I'm doing the "eat small portions every 3 hours thing" and it's working really well for me. I'm keeping track of my calories and fat grams, but only after the day is done...just because I'm curious how many I'm eating.

OMG, and I'm also drinking a butt-load of water every day. Well, a butt-load for me...probably not for most people. lol I'm a Diet Coke addict, so I'm restricting myself to 2 per day. It's going great so far. I've been on this "diet" since last Monday (9/18) and as of 9/25 I've lost 5lbs!

Good luck with whatever you do. It ain't easy for us short girls, is it?

Last edited by Tisha___; 09-27-2006 at 03:31 PM.
Tisha___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:39 PM   #5  

Hey.

It is totally not easy for us short girls!! OMG..

That's great that what you are doing is working for you! I hope I can find something that will work for me..

Luckily I've never been interested in Diet Coke. I've always been a regular pepsi girl.. Or a cherry coke.. but I know how it is, feeling like you are drinking water non-stop. It's ok though, just think of how many pounds are being "flushed" away. hehehehehee..

Have a great day!
Old 09-27-2006, 03:47 PM   #6  
It's working this time!

S/C/G: 235/212/175

Height: 5' 1.5"

Smile

I hope you find what works for you too. Good luck!!!

If you ever wanna chat, just PM me.

Tisha___ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 09:22 PM   #7  

It's been pretty expensive. . . in the $600 range right at the moment and I spend about $100 per month on high nutrient supplements. I haven't ever found anything else that's worked for me, so I'll keep paying until I hit my goal weight. One of my sister's friends in Topeka did Nutrisystem and has lost a lot of weight. She says the food isn't bad and she was able to do it with a child under 2. If MRC is out of the price range, Nutrisystem isn't a bad alternative. Let me know if you need any help.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:25 PM   #8  
Michigan Old-Timer

Manda and Imajika, just wanted to invite you over to the 300+ area of 3 Fat Chicks. We have all kinds of great information and wonderful people to help motivate and inspire you. Here is a link to the area so you can take a look around. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124

Hope to see you there and WELCOME to the Boards!!!
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 04:19 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 307/172/153.5 (half of SW)

Height: 5'8''

YAY!!! Kansans rock!!! Hey -- Julie - you go to K-state? My boyfriend is an alumnus and I have a good friend there now. BTW, to 3FC!!!!

Hi Amanda -- fellow Kansan!! You live in the OTHER college town. I adore Lawrence -- it's one of the best shopping towns in Kansas. I love Mass. street -- I used to skip school sometimes with my friends to go there and shop for records.

Good luck to you both!!!!

Gotta love Kansas!!!

And note: the 300+ area is FABULOUS. I'm in awe of those girls. They're incredible.
HarpoChicoGroucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:26 AM   #10  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello and Welcome!! I am also in southeast Kansas!!

Good luck on your weight loss you can do it!!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:58 AM   #11  

Hi there Harpo and Sunshine! I'm glad to see there are a few of us in Kansas here. We should all keep in touch since we're so close to each other. I'd love to hear how everyone else is losing. Looking forward to hearing from you again!
Old 09-28-2006, 03:40 PM   #12  

I agree.. we should all keep in touch and encourage eachother!!

It's good to know people who know about where I am in the state, as I'm pretty new to it.

I am going to be joining the 300+ board I can't wait to get started!

Old 09-28-2006, 05:46 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 230/220/150

Default Meow

Emporia, Kansas here.
KKitty is offline   Reply With Quote