Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 09-21-2006, 12:39 AM   #1  
Move, Move, Move!!!!!!!!!

S/C/G: 304/293/150

Height: 5'5

Talking Help Me

Hello, my name is Krystal. I hate talking about my self so I'll try to keep it short. I am 20 yrs old and have been over weight most of my life. The last time I remember being under 200lbs was in 9th grade. I reached my top weight on May 2005 at a whopping 304. I have tried very diet out there. (How many times has that been said on this website?) Heres the list to prove it: Weight Watchers (twice), Adkins (twice) , Curves diet (once for a year great diet), pop corn diet (two days), metba-life (diet pill), healthy weigh, many low calorie diets, and slimfast (twice). I was on the Curves diet the most recently. I lost 45 pounds on that and thats not following it the whole time. I could not afford to keep going so that is how that started. I have also bought many workout DVDs. So here I am yet agian trying to lose weight. But now the main reason is not to look good but in fear of my life. I know I am heading for an early grave and I want to stop that. If that mean fitting in smaller clothes along the way... GREAT. So whats the diet this time. I absolutely love TV's The Biggest Loser. So with the start of the new season to get me motivated I figure why not follow them. I'm going to work out like crazy (I was a circut trainer at curves I know what is to much don't worry) and I am going to eat b/w 1200-1500 calories a day. So thats where I am, let's see where I go.
304NoMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 07:53 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/219.5/150

Hi Krystal!

I feel your pain and I congratulate you on recommitting to lose the wieght. Im 20 as well and Im really anxious to make real progress in weight loss before grad school, and real adult like things take over my life. And I have also been overweight/obese since puberty and know how that is frustrating.

Im a little concerned about anyone restriciting thier diet below 1500 cal's without a Dr's okay but that is your call of course.

What are you doing for physical activity?

Keep posting and feel free to PM for support.

You can do it!

Mirth
House_of_Mirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 10:17 AM   #3  
Michigan Old-Timer

Hi Crystal: First off, welcome to 3FCs. :welcome3fc: I know you've come to the right place for the support and motivation that you need to accomplish your goals. There are lots of places on the boards for you to find great information. I do want to invite you over to the 300+ section, however, as the folks over there have first hand knowledge of what it's like to go through life at this weight. You'll find folks from all walks of life, all age groups (but we do have alot of 20-somethings), and those who have tried all different plans.

Here is a link to the whole section. You'll find exercise, recipes, tips for Newbies and a whole lot of other good stuff at the top of the page. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=124

And then here is a link to the current discussion thread. Jump right in an introduce yourself. I know you'll be glad you did. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94328

Hope to see you over there.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:52 PM   #4  
Move, Move, Move!!!!!!!!!

S/C/G: 304/293/150

I am actully doing several different things for physical activity. I I work out when ever I have time. 4 days a week I lift weights. I do Cardio everyday. I switch between walking outside, stationary bike, elipicals, and tredmills. Thanks for the concern I got the okay for a Doc. I can not go below 1200 calories. I'm eating b/w 1200-1500. Thanks agian. What are you doing?
304NoMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:59 PM   #5  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Krystal! My name is Courtnie and I am 21! Just a tip, you can probably eat a lot more then you think you can, check this out: http://nutrition.about.com/library/b...tion_guide.htm

I too and doing calorie counting and aim between 12-1600 and don't so any exercise.

Good luck!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote