Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-30-2006, 03:11 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 295/295/220

Height: 5'11"

Default Need lots of help :/

Hello, my name is AJ, i'm 17 and i'm am very over weight. I have tried losing weight multiple times, but it never seems to work. Everyone allways tells me i should lose some wieght, but when i try to i get ridiculed for it. i really need some advice and just general support to lose the wieght i need to lose. any help would be greatly appreiciated. AJ
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 08:28 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I have been on many diets and I have found it is better not to mention it, that way you avoid critisism and negative comments, I just say I will pass on the chips. MacDonalds. ice cream or whatever.or whatever works for you, you can always say, No,I'm not hungry, maybe later, just be casual about it . don't make a big deal of it , you will find most people do not really care about what you are eating,Good luck on your desire to lose weight, I am proud of you for doing it now, believe me it doesn't get easier when you get older.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:33 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

You go girl!!!! Here, you have all the support you could possibly want, feel free to speak whatever is on your mind here to help you reaching your weightloss goals!!!! I am happy to support you!! I have a long way to go to reach my goal, but, I know I can do it , and so can you!!! Motivation and inspriation is a wonderufl thing!! Read some of these lovely people's weightloss threads, I was inspired by them!!! Perhaps you will be also!!!! Good luck!!! Try to keep us posted on how you are doing!!
luckyducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2006, 09:47 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

AJ, do not forget to exercise. Can you go to a gym, if that doesn't work for you, do anything to get moving, walk the dog, play ball with your little brother/sister. or get some video tapes, but get moving,you may not be able to do much at first.,but as you lose weight and get stronger you will be able to do more.It is all good.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 10:28 AM   #5  
searching 4 the real me

Hi AJ!! You found a great place here.. I know it's hard when you want to lose weight and then when you do try, you don't get the proper support you need. You will definitely find it here. When I first found this place, I read several posts from other users about their weight loss and they were so inspirational and so motivating. I still have about 50 pounds to loose before I reach my goal but I know I can do it and you can do it too.
ssgtswife33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2006, 11:06 AM   #6  

Question Need advice re: clinical trial

I have a question for everyone. I'm 24 years old, and I've been trying to lose weight ever since middle school - diets, exercise, everything. My doctor just talked to me about a new drug that may help me, but I would get it through a study. She thinks another option may be surgery. I don't want to do that!! But I don't know much about clinical trials, and I didn't know if any else had experience or advice for me. Please let me know if you can help. Thanx.
Kate7878 is offline   Reply With Quote