Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-10-2006, 06:40 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 234/154.4/120

Height: 5'6

Default I'm New New NEW!

Hey everybody. I'm new here. My name is Melissa and I've been lurking around the site for a while. I'm about 225 lbs and I want to get down to about 130.

I've recently been trying to eat less food. Not necessarily healthier, but less. I mean, if there's a healthier option then I'll choose it, but, I'm not going out of my way to eat healthy. I've also been trying to drink more water.

I'm 18 years old and live with my boyfriend in his parents house. We just bought a condo together so as soon as we move into the condo, I'll deffinately have more room to work out.

I have workout tapes and hand weights that I can use for working out. I deffinately intend to start doing cardio, but, I recently sprained my ankle so I'm not able to. I believe that the only think I'm really able to do is weight lifting. Soo yeah...

I try not to weigh myself that often, I honestly don't like it. I'm in the process of trying to become vegan as well. So tedious, lol.

Sorry for the long post. I hope I can get to know all of you and get some really great support here! Thanks!
FreeSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 06:52 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 230/210/170

Height: 5'8

WELCOME Melissa! I'm sure you will find the support you need @3FC. People here are really great!

I also just started recently and I know what you mean when you say you don't like stepping on the scale. I'm the same way. There is nothing more discouraging than after a week of eating healthy finding out you didn't lose a single pound or worse else, gained one. It gets me mad and I end up eating junk food because I feel like I'm not going to win anyway.
I actually started the same way - eating smaller portions of everything. I also added exercise - just try walking! After a while not only was I eating smaller portions but I was also making better food choices. It comes with time. I've tried dieting so many times that I know I'll be better off if I take it at my own pace and not try to lose 100 Ibs in 3 months.
Anyway, Good Luck and Welcome!
magdie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 08:23 PM   #3  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello Melissa.... and welcome
Misti in Seattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 09:05 PM   #4  
Hot girl under some fat

S/C/G: Over 250/?/199

Height: 5-5

hey Melissa,

Im a newbie too... and once you get started youll be excited to weigh in and see if all the sacrafice is worth it Good luck, and you'll love this site. There are a lot of great people and tips here to help.
blondie728 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 10:22 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Welcome Melissa!!!
I too, am back to this site because there is so much positive support here! I am trying to walk every day, ( about 3 miles) and found in the first week I have actually lost! Of course, I am trying to do the smaller portions too. I found that planning my meal beforehand is actually easier to make the smaller portions work! Good luck!
luckyducky is offline   Reply With Quote