Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-04-2006, 08:22 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 157.2/157.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Default Anyone else 5'4" and around 160?

Hey all!

I'm an almost 27 year old (July 12th ) who weighs 157.6 as of this morning.

My highest ever was about 175 and that was around May 2004. In December 2004 I was about 172 and that's when I decided to really try and do something about it. I joined Lighten Up Iowa and lost about 10 lbs by March. In March I started a seasonal job where I was sitting down all the time and then I told myself that I would take a break from exercising and pick it back up during the summer after my job ended.

Well, my job ended... but of course, I never started exercising again! I'm really hoping to start back up. I did taebo and some walking on a treadmill in my old apartment complex. (I no longer have a treadmill, but I still have my taebo tapes!) I wasn't too strict on my diet, but I have some plans to improve that as well.

Luckily, even though I have stopped exercising, I haven't gained anything back! I KNOW that I could get down to 135 (my goal as of right now) in just a few months if I would just GET UP AND MOVE!!!

But I need to be able to "report" to someone. I'd preferit if that "someone" was around my height and weight. However, I will take anyone who is willing to stay with me on this! hehe I need encouragement, someone who won't give up on me even if I give up on myself, etc. I promise to do the same.

My boyfriend is one of those who is tall and skinny and could eat a gallon of ice cream and probably lose a pound. Yeah, you know... one of those people. lol So he isn't really the best motivator.

Sorry for the long post! I just wanted to give you an idea as to my story and where I'm at. Hopefully someone will help me out!

I'm awesome at returning emails and I have a bunch of different IM programs. So whatever works best for you!
hottiewithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:45 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I was 5'3 1/2" and 162 pounds when I started. I hang around Calorie Counters, Ladies who Lift, Featherweights ... come on over and join us.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:16 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 156/156/125

Height: 5'3 1/2"

I am 22, 5'3" and 157. My initial goal is 135, though I would love to get down to my "wedding dress weight" of 3 years ago - 125. I have tried several times to lose weight, but always bounce back to a higher weight than before.

I, too, am needing some accountability! I am using fitday to log calories, etc. but would love to "check in" with someone - compare weight loss, etc.

I will PM you this info. too - hopefully we can help each other out!

-Lauren
lauren2pink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 11:37 AM   #4  
Nut Gatherer

S/C/G: 145/145/125

Ohmigosh Hottie, I read your message and it was like I wrote it! Esp. the BF part - my DH can eat and eat and eat, and STILL LOSE!! Darn him! I'm 5'4" and was 151 last time I weighed, but I have this nagging feeling I've maintained since my eating hasn't been stellar the last few days.

Anyway, if you want to excahnge emails PM me and I'll gladly check in w/ you every so often (I can't always email daily, but every other day or so).

--Sara
SkinnySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 01:35 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 157.2/157.2/135

Woo! Looks like I've found some buddies. Thanks for the replies... I'll PM both of you right now.

SusanB - thanks for the invite. I do much better outside of a "group" setting though. I may check those forums out though... who knows? heh
hottiewithin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 01:40 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hottie ... even if you just read some ... you don't have to jump in, just come and share our thoughts. There are bunches of amazing and delightful people here.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote