Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 07-03-2006, 12:52 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 290/290/175

Height: 5'10"

Smile need inspiration

HI, this is my first time posting here, although I have been searching the sight for a while.
I need some inspiration. I was very fat as a teenager due to some health issues, but I managed to loose a lot of weight in my very early 20's. Than I got married, I gained the mandatory 10 pounds from going on birth control, and the mandatory 10 pounds from being a newly wed. Than rather unexpectedly (I was on birth control) I found myself preagnet 2 mths after I got married. I gained 80 pounds with my pregnancy, a lot of it was water weight, I droped 40 pounds within 2 weeks after I gave birth to my beautifull daughter. However then through this passed winter I suffered with some postpartum blues and well lazyness, and I gained another 20pounds back.
I'm at the point were I really need some help. The only problem is I really don't know how to lose weight sensibly, I've always crashed dieted and fasted - And I really got to tell you, I'm not a big fan of exercise. But I want to be healthier. My daughter just turned one 2 days ago, and I don't want her to learn my bad eating habits and have weight issues like I learned from my mom.
SO PLEASE GIVE ME INSPIRATION!!!!
EviesMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:17 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

If you have some time, read this post. It gave me (and still gives me) a lot of inspiration:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84601
Best of luck to you! And welcome to the forums!!!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 02:34 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 263.5

Height: 5'8"

Default I Know!

Your situation sounds much like mine! About a year before I got married, I lost over 130 pounds. Since getting married 5 years ago, having two children, working full-time etc I have gained back 80 pounds. Although I am still under my heaviest weight, I am trying to "get it back!" It is very hard and food is always a comfort and sometimes my "recreation" since my life has become so busy as a Mom.

Maybe we should start a "I got fat being a Mommy" support group! This is my first post also, so I'm sure there are others that would know better how to start a group on this sight! I would sure welcome a group with similar situations!

Hang in there!

Melissa
Melissahoney37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 03:02 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 290/290/175

Height: 5'10"

I love the idea of starting a group "I got fat being a mommy", hopefully someone can help us. thankyou for sharing with me, Its so nice to know that I'm not the only one out there - Children are wonderfull, but they drive us to eat!!
EviesMommy is offline   Reply With Quote