Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 05-01-2006, 03:22 PM   #1  

Unhappy Need to get into the wedding dress

I am trying to lose weight for my wedding in the fall, (and my 37th birthday YIKES), of course I need to actually lose most of it by late summer so I can get fitted!

I used to be able to keep myself at around 135 which isn't ideal, I'm short (5'1") and should be at 125 at the highest! After the doctor changing my birth control pills several times I have gotten up to 160. I am currently 153ish, (not exactly sure since I forgot to weigh myself this morning), but after trying to diet and exercise for the past few months I can't seem to get below 150 no matter what I do.

I need help!

My fiance and I are going to try South Beach starting today, but I don't know if it'll be effective enough to lose 30 pounds in a few months. I tend to want bad things I shouldn't have when I am bored or stressed and since I am currently unemployed with a wedding to plan and pay for I AM STRESSED!!!

Anyway, hello to you all and that's my current delima.
geekess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:23 PM   #2  

you have my support...
i'm in the same situation, just i have more time, a lot more time(the wedding will be on june 2007)but i'm a binge and (don't really know why)i've a total lack of will...
even if i desire to lost weight.
i give you all my best vibes, no suggests cause i don't know anything about american diets!
pavellina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:55 PM   #3  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

south beach diet is great.most people that i know that is on it lost about 10-14 pounds the first 2weeks.also if u wana get into a certain size toning is the best way to take inches off
helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 04:56 PM   #4  
Chubby Chick

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5,4

and congrats on getting married :-)
helwa588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 05:40 PM   #5  
~Jamie~

S/C/G: 310/310/200

Hey geekess! I just wanted to let you know that I'm getting married in September....so I have some weight to lose before then!! So I just wanted to say good luck..and tell you that you can do it
IrishCowgirl0917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:59 PM   #6  
Fit chick in hidding

S/C/G: 201/164.4/100 4'11"

The biggest thing to remember is no matter how many times you fall off the wagon the only way to get there is to keep jumping back on.
LuckySmyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:02 PM   #7  
Angela

S/C/G: 191/163/140

Height: 5'6"

Hi there! Just another bride-to-be looking to shed some pounds for a fall wedding. I just joined up too, the on-line weight loss help is totally new to me but I thought it would be fun . South Beach is a good diet, I know many, many people who have used it. Many of them have preferred Atkins over the two though (at least i results), as they are a bit alike. I lost 30 pounds on Atkins 6 years ago and have managed to gain it all back over the years. So, I guess that's why I'm here. For the wedding I want to be the size I was when I met my fiance, which was 6 years and 30 pounds ago! Good luck to you!!
wish4fit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2006, 08:57 AM   #8  

Geekess,
I too am a short girl! I'm 5'1 and currently 149.6! In the past 3 years I went from 134 and then slowly crept up to 139. During the past 4 months, it practically seems like overnight, I went from 139 to 149.6. It's amazing how my weigh-ins go. For example, last Thursday I weighed in at 146.2 then on Friday I was 149.6 and have stayed at that weight! Does this happen to anyone else? I don't just gain one pound but I gain a few pounds at a time. And I always weigh myself at the same times, in the morning with no clothes on. Anyway, my goals is to get down to 120 by my birthday in September. I also tried the phase 1 of south beach a couple of weeks ago, but I am such a cheater So now I'm just focusing on trying to make the right food choices and focusing a lot more on exercise. Yesterday I started my week out with strength training and ran 2 miles. Now the real challenge is seeing if I'll do it today Good luck! And congrats on getting married!
slimby25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 02:35 AM   #9  

slimby25, we aren't over weight... we are under tall!

Yeah that happens to me too. Every time it does, I just want to crawl into a pint of mint chip. :-(
geekess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:01 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 212/205.5/150

Hey geekess and slimby25,
I can sympathize on the gaining many pounds at a time frustration. I finally had to quit weighing myself every day. I weigh once a week at the same time and it is always after i have gone to the bathroom! but the truth is that weighing every day doesn't even help. our weight fluctuates so much throughout the week anyway, just because of little things like how much sodium we have in our diet, if we are bloated, if we still have a lot of water left to go through, if we have food in our gi tract, things like that can add up to 2 or 3 pounds. and there is nothing more discouraging than weighing one morning and seeing that you are 3 pounds heavier than the day before. so the best bet is just not to do it. weigh once a week, it has made me do so much better because i don't have periods of well who cares if i eat this brownie anyway since i am already 3 pounds heavier than i was yesterday! and also it gives you a more accurate picture of your weight and ut sure as heck boosts confidence. hope that helps! good luck to you.
cereschick is offline   Reply With Quote