Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 04-21-2006, 05:18 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 250/242/140

Talking Newbie here with 100 pounds to go!

Wow! This is such a great site, I signed up a while ago, but am now just getting my first chance to post....Still trying to navigate around...I'm 28 and have always been on the heavy side regardless of my weight going up and down...I have an adorable 20 month old daughter that keeps me moving and I work full time so just trying to make everything fit together with my new "lifestyle change". I knew it was time to do something when my doctor recently told me that my bmi is 43 and that I'm elgible for gastric bypass, so I know it's very serious now and I feel more encouraged than ever to do something about it...I'm about 5.4 and currently weigh 242. I thought I saw a special section here for those like myself looking to lose 100+ pounds...but now I can't seem to find it.
fluffy28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 05:32 PM   #2  
Meg

Here ya go - The 100 Pound Club. And welcome!

By the way, I'm the same height as you and started out 15 pounds heavier, so I know you can do it!!
Meg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 07:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 210/110/110

Good Luck and lots of success.
alwaysbelieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 10:03 PM   #4  
Dante'smama

S/C/G: 245/239/140

Hi Fluffy,

I'm new too and it looks like are stats are similar. I'm really glad I found this site.

I'm trying Atkins and tomorrow is day one of induction for me. I'm hoping to hiy my goal of 140 in a year.

All we can do is stay positive.

Nice to meet you!
Dante'smama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 01:14 AM   #5  
I've had a rough week...

S/C/G: 245/234.5/230

Hi! I just joined today, but have been lurking for a few days now. I am 23 and the same height as you and 3 pounds lighter. (Although I started 2 pounds heavier!)

I'm looking to lose the same amount of weight, so hopefully we can get to know each other was we lose.
MtaTJac is offline   Reply With Quote