Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-26-2006, 08:34 PM   #1  
It's ME!

Default My story

I'm a 27 year old single female from New Zealand. I used to be a total gym junkie with a nice small figure but I discovered wine and cheese and crackers and that all went down the drain.

Over a period of about 2 years I gained around 30kg and have gotten up to a size 18-20.

Last week I looked at myself in the mirror ... I mean [I]really[I] looked, and I did not like what I saw. Last night I solicited some free information from a friend who is a personal trainer and today is day 1.

From my fitness fanatic past, I have the knowledge of what I need to do, I just need to put it into practice. Motivation is what I struggle with the most. I love the gym when I get there, but actually getting my butt to the gym is the biggest battle.

I'd love to chat with other people out there and maybe we can help eachother to stay motivated
LittleKiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:44 AM   #2  

dear friend, i know what you mean: my major difficult in making fitness is going to the gym
i got shame of my body, i can't really face it.
i've got many gym around here, very nice and very organized with any kind of courses...
but i can't face thin girls in catsuits staring at me.
swimpool?
not even to be said...
my best friend is a water gym trainer...i could do her courses, have the occasion to meet here more often...
but i can't face.
not untill i'm so fat
but i bought a step counter...i'm using it everyday from morning to night...
and it works cause when you see you did not so many steps you find the motivation to do some others, maybe dancing around your home
don't miss your motivation, you're advantaged cause you loved fitness in the past (i never)and you'll soon in your best fit
pavellina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 10:20 AM   #3  
Not giving up!!

S/C/G: 323/200/175

Height: 5'8

Hello and Welcome!! Good Luck with your weight loss!! You can do it!
~~Sunshine~~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 07:57 PM   #4  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Hi to you all,
Little Kiwi - from one to another hi and welcome. Nice to see another NZer posting here. Hope to catch up with you again soon. Good luck. Gym will certainly help to beat the bulge but wine and cheese is going to have to be a real treat from now on in. I'm biased. NZ cheese is just THE best. We even get a few varieties over here in Aus. But it is dead fattening.

Pavellina - I felt so sad when I read your post. I too have felt afraid of the gym bunnies around however now I just go and say to **** with them. I find they don't go early in the morning - only dedicated people and those who feel like you do go then. Maybe you should try for an early morning workout. I find (here in Australia) that the 'social set' (gym bunnies and the boys) go immediately after work and it is very social for them. They stand and chat and giggle. I don't like that because I am there to work up a sweat and get on with it. Try that. DO NOT let your size keep you from getting better and slimmer. Your English is very good. Maybe you and or Little Kiwi might like to come over to a thread called Friends around the world. There always seems to be someone on even though we are spread around America, Canada, England, Scotland and Australia/NZ.

Hello Sunshine

Good luck to you all.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote