Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-22-2006, 07:22 PM   #1  
Supah G™

S/C/G: 350/288/140

Arrow I Read How to Win Friends And Influence People

Not really but, haha, made you look!

Seriously.

I'm Georgie, I'm 34, a girl who recently decided she likes the color pink (who knew?) and I live in Waynesboro, VA. I'm also message board shy, but trying really hard to get over that. At least I don't have to get on stage. I turn green when I have to get on stage.

I've been FAT all my life but have lost about 60 pounds since October 14, 2005 just by watching what I shovelled in my mouth (diet soda, carrots instead of chips, longing instead of ice cream - you get the picture). I've still got about 150 to go. Yes weigh! I'm not officially on any official diet. Don't have a plan and don't know how to go about making one. My biggest hurdle is going to be my sedentary lifestyle. Who wants to go out and walk a mile when The Family Guy is on?

I have a support group of mostly friends and family who aren't afraid to snatch the Milky Ways out of my hand (although, admittedly, the Milky Ways are long gone - right now I don't even miss them), but I would be extra supah dupah happy to have a couple two or three people that wouldn't mind e-holding my hand when I lose my willpower or am feeling generally snarky about my weight loss progress.

Anyway, thanks for taking a minute out of your life to read this.

Georgie
(I love that darned dancing carrot!)
whizaninny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:36 PM   #2  
New Beginning, New ME!

S/C/G: 162/133/125

Height: 5'4"

I have to tell you. You have the most awesome buddy up post ever! it made me smile and giggle a few times. I am not overweight but I have an eating disorder to keep in check or I will gain weight FAST (20 pounds one month last august) But I think it is under control (the bulimia at least...still binging on "weak" days but no purging) I am here for support or an ear or just about anything you need

My favorite part of your post is the comment about the family guy thats why my treadmill is in front of the TV HeHe
LeaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 08:14 PM   #3  
Stephanie

S/C/G: 236/135-140/More Fit

Height: 5'6"

Hi there. Welcome to the boards, I think 3FC will get you over your shyness quick! Congrats on the weight loss so far, what an accomplishment and in such a short amount of time, you are totally on your way. I think if whatever you're doing is working, stick to it!
LockItUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 09:08 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 286/160/145

Georgie, You remind me of me, all the way down to the fact that both of us mention Nascar in our profiles! I started trying to lose weight three years ago, and I've slowly but surely lost about 120 pounds (from 286 to 159.8 - as opposed to 160 ). And, believe me, if I can do it, anybody can!! Private message me if you need to talk about weight-related stuff ... or Nascar!
bluedevil is offline   Reply With Quote