Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-21-2006, 08:30 PM   #1  
sli
On A Mission

S/C/G: 209/135/130

Talking Hello

I am not sure if this goes here but I wanted to say hello to everyone and say that I think that this site is GREAT!
I am looking forward to being here and having someone who really does understand what I am going through! Someone to help me through those days when you really want to say forget it.

Last edited by sli; 03-22-2006 at 01:02 AM.
sli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 08:29 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 185/165/145

Hi Sli, I am looking for a buddy as well. We have similar stats. I have been LC for 59 days now. I am very serious about making this my way of life. I am looking forward to having someone to give and get support from. This sight has a waiting period for private messaging. I don't know what type of food plan you are on, but there are some other good low carb support sites that I will be happy to let you know about, if you are interested. Warmest regards, Sara
shushu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 10:49 AM   #3  
sli
On A Mission

Thumbs up

Hi Sarah,
Sounds great to me! I would love to help and be helped any way possiable.
I am very serious about shedding the pounds!

Talk to you soon
Sharon
Old 03-22-2006, 12:07 PM   #4  
DAC328

Hi you guys! I love reading about buddying up. I'm really struggling with losing this extra baggage I've picked up over the last several years. I think keeping in contact with a specific few would help tremendously. I do great for a couple days and then for whatever reason think the next couple days I don't have to count calories, drink my water or eat smaller portions, not to mention exercise. It's lonely, especially when you live with an avid and accomplished athlete (my hubby). He's never been critical of my weight. Always support me, but I know he'd love to see me slimmer as I was when we first married. It would make me happier and healthier. Wish me luck, Debbie
dac328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:02 PM   #5  
sli
On A Mission

Talking

Debbie,
GOOD LUCK!!!!
Trust me I understand how you feel!
Weekends are my trouble times. I do real good all week and then come Saturday I crave as I call it "real food". My husband and our friends like to go out (which I do also) to eat and just have a good time. UGHH its hard to order the correct foods then. I also have the problem of wanting to relax on weekends and not do my normal workout.
My husband started dieting the same time I did to try and help me out (he didn't need to) and in the same amount of time he has lost twice as much as me. I am proud of him but it burns my butt that it is so much harder for women than men.
So, I just keep reminding myself how far I have come and that I don't want to start over and that helps alot That and the fact that I am excited about the thought of being thin again one day.
The only other thing that I did was take a picture of my self in shorts and a sports bra (before I started dieting) kinda like what they do on "The Biggest Loser" and everytime I feel like I am gonna go off the diet I look at that picture to remind myself that I don't want to look like that again. Trust me that was one embarrising picture to get developed
Good Luck on getting past those trying days and if you need some encouraging words just let me know!
Old 03-22-2006, 03:26 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 151/128.5/115 5' 2"

Hi Sli,

I know what you mean about the picture because I did the same thing! Fortunately I have a digital camera and didn't have to get someone else to develop it! I may get brave when I reach goal and post before's and afters, but don't hold me to that! LOL! That picture is definitely motivating though.
MrsMoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 04:58 PM   #7  
sli
On A Mission

Wink

Mrs. Moby,
I was so frazzled about taking the picture my ditzy butt didn't even think about using our digital.
I give you kudo's for even thinking about posting it.
I have mine hid from anyone and everyone
I have decided to keep it though even after my goal is met, that way it will stop me from ever getting there again!
I have given strict orders to my sister that if anything should ever happen to me I want the picture distroyed!
Seriously though I think that it is a great motivator for everyone.
Old 03-22-2006, 09:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 174/164/140

Height: 5'5

hi sli im from indiana too nice to see a fellow hoosier.
Lady Jackyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 10:12 PM   #9  
sli
On A Mission

Hello
I haven't seen many fom Indiana..Welcome