Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-20-2006, 02:01 AM   #1  
Teri

S/C/G: 292/253/150

Default This Newbie would love a Diet Buddy or more than one

[COLOR="black"][FONT="Verdana"][/

Hi everyone. I'm a Newbie here and I'd love to have a buddy to give and get support. I'm a 62 year old grandma that's had a weight problem for most of my life. In January, my regular dr sent me to another dr for a diet. The diet dr informed me that If I didn't lose a large amount of weight...ASAP... I could expect to live only a couple more years at most... You guessed it, I made a decision to lose that weight. I started the diet the next day. On Jan. 16, 2006 I weighed in at 292. At 5'6" that is way, way, way too much. After 8 weeks I had lost 39 lbs. I'm on a tough diet but am determined to stick with it as long as it takes. I would like to get down to 140 lbs but would be thrilled to get down to 150.

I have one question I would like to ask. How can I get one of the weight loss trackers? And how do I use it? Whoops, guess that was two questions.

Hope to hear from some of you other wannabelosers.

Teri

Last edited by mamateri; 03-20-2006 at 03:05 AM.
mamateri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:24 AM   #2  

Height: 5'-2"

Welcome, Teri!! There's so much great support here... post in a few areas, and you're certain to make lots of new friends.
To get a weight loss tracker, go to the top left of the blue bar at the top. Click on "User CP".
When you get to that page, click on "Edit Signature" in the left-hand bar.
You'll see the instructions. Holler if you need more help, and congratulations on your weight loss to date... you're doing so well.
ellis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 09:09 AM   #3  
Teri

Thanks for the info about the trackers. I kept looking and looking and finally found them and think I got one set up for myself. We'll see when I post this.
Thanks again.

Teri
Old 03-20-2006, 09:52 AM   #4  
Larry's Angel

Location: NW New Jersey But, My Heart's In Pittsburgh!! GO STEELERS & PENGUINS!!!

S/C/G: 245/143/145

Hi Teri

Welcome to a great place for support & advice! Congratulations on your weight loss!! You CAN do this!

All the best to you!
Kim
JerseyGyrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 12:25 PM   #5  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Hi Teri and

I can see that you are determined just by the amount of weight you've already lost. You will find a lot of support here.

Wishing You The Best
Denise
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:36 PM   #6  

Height: 5'1"

Hi Terri, I'm an "older" lady too and still fighting the battle to lose. And it's never too late! Sometimes it takes a little push, like the Dr. visit, to really get us motivated. WE have a great support group for "over 50" and would love to have you come join us! I'm sending you my e-mail address by Private Message also if you want to get in touch! You CAN do this!

Look forward to talking to you, Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 01:50 PM   #7  
My reward...

S/C/G: 272/270/220

Height: 6'3"

I just made 50 and am proud to be considered "older"! Losing is a struggle - my back went out last week. I felt terrible about wanting chocolate all the time until the doctor told me muscle relaxers and narcotics will make you CRAVE sweets - especially chocolate. At least I have a legit excuse and have discovered the WW chocolate to kill the crave! Warmer weather will surely help keep us moving and back on track!
TryinAgain5402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 01:03 PM   #8  

Default Hi,Terri

I'm also in my 60's & [U]still trying to lose this wt.My husband was diagnosed as pre diabetic & we got rid of all sweets ...that makes it a bit easier.His sweet snacks are all Splenda now.I've been on too many diets....& this time...it's more of a life time way of eating.Can't go "off" it, cause I'm not "on" a diet....just cutting back & eating healthy food.Have lost around 20pds & need to lose another 30....50 would be better. Seems the older I get,the harder it is. You have done great! Good luck & keep on keeping on.Pat
patce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 05:22 PM   #9  
Teri

Default Thanks ladies

Thanks. I really appreciate the support. I keep telling myself...I can do it... Remember the little train from the kiddy story. I think I can, I think I can, I think I can. When the cravings get to be a little much that is now my mantra. And being on this liquid diet, I definitely have cravings. Mainly for something crunchy. I keep telling myself...2 more months then you can have carrots and celery and jicama. I know I won't be able to have chips but I'm hoping I'll be able to have air-popped popcorn at least.

Well, now I know why I keep craving chocolate. With the arthritis pain and the terrible back pain I'm on pain meds.. It's nice to know there is a logical reason to be craving some things.

I'm going to have to spend some more time looking around here. I've been trying to do some digital scrapbooking and not spending time here.

Thanks again for the support.

Teri
Old 03-23-2006, 06:23 AM   #10  

Hi,
I turned 51 in January, I have found the weight is harder to get off as I get older. I am determined this time. Love to hear of everyones efforts and successes. I live in Sydney Australia.
Hope to hear from you all soon. Good luck. Never give up!
Colleen
deewhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2006, 08:34 AM   #11  

Height: 5'1"

Hi, I'm a nurse and I didn't know that muscle relaxers and pain medication made you crave chocolate! Learn something new every day! I've always loved chocolate so Idon't know if I can blame them though! But I've found that if you crave something you might as well have a small amount and enjoy it to the fullest. If you don't you'll end up eating a lot of other stuff you don't want and still not be satisfied! I have a small piece of chocolate every afternoon with my cup of tea. It's MY time.

Terri, what kind of diet are you on? Sounds like a liquid diet? Is it prescribed by the Dr. or something you decided on for yourself? Good luck with what ever it is. I have tried to send you my e-mail several times but the site won't cooperate with me! I read yours. If you can get through again, send me your e-mail.

Good luck every one. We can do this, ya know! And we need to, for health and oh, yes, to look better too!

Freda
the slim me is offline   Reply With Quote