Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-16-2006, 07:09 PM   #1  
-Elizabeth-

Default 25F - New to this...Need help!

Very new to all this diet stuff...Anybody want a new trainee?

Hi! My name is Elizabeth. I'm from Mississippi and I'll be 25 on April 1st. I am a senior in veterinary school and LOVE animals. My boyfriend of 3 years, Stephen, accidentally let it slip the other day to my twin sister that he is going to propose in June (and OF COURSE she 'accidentally' told me...what are sisters for, anyway?!) so I had a good ol' "come to Jesus" meeting with myself and decided it was time to do something about all this extra weight I've been carrying around ...And boy, do I need help!!

I have been a normal, healthy weight almost my whole life, but for the past two years, I've put on about 50 lbs! I'm in school from about 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on average, and after that, I have to study and do household things like that...So I don't have the opportunity to go to the gym, but I am willing and able to exercise at home whenever I get a plan started. I had brain surgery in early February, and I'm nearly 100% well...and I'm VERY ready to get all those pounds I gained with my illness off!

My best friends are all make-you-sick skinny, so there's no talking to them, and my boyfriend is like, Mr. Workout KING and I'm too embarrassed about being out of shape to work out with him when I can.

The perfect weight for me is about 160 lbs (about a size 10) since I am tall and large-framed. So fifty pounds is what I want to lose...If I don't, me and Stephen will soon weigh the same!! So I need all the support I can get...I don't want to get stuck like this

I have AIM and Yahoo! Messenger.

Thanks!
VetElizabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:21 PM   #2  

I am new to this site also I have been a member not even a week but from posting threads and private messageing people I have recieved alot of encouragment. My diet of choice has been cutting calories, and exercing 4/5 times weekly you may not have as much time but the key is to get active some type of way, for example instaed of taking elevators and escalators take the stairs, also start journaling so that you become more aware of what you are putting into your body. I hope that I could be of some assistance, if you ever want to chat or need some encouragment private message me. Also remember that it should not be thought of as a diet but a way of life.
kornard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:30 PM   #3  

VetElizabeth: Welcome. I am glad that you decided to do something about your weight now. I gained 50 lbs too when I started law school. Since I was thin to begin with I fooled myself into thinking I was pleasantly plump and I could take the weight off when I wanted. Well, more than 20 years and many attempts later, here I am, trying one more time to undo two decades of bad eating habits.

Good luck!
jrnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2006, 08:50 PM   #4  

Hello Elizabeth-

I'm 26 and in the same boat you are. Well, not the wonderful boyfriend proposing to me or anything like that....just the weight part. I gained about 30 lbs once my fiance passed away. I've wallowed in that the last year or so and am ready to get back on track. Life's too short and I want to feel good about myself and live life again. I also have a larger frame and 150-160 would be a very good weight for me to be at.

Let me know if you'd like to encourage each other. I have IM and am good to go. We'll get you fit for your wedding day (when he proposes!!!) and get you feeling good about yourself. I need some encouragement myself and would love to be fit!

You'll do it...no worries, it just takes patience!

Erika
erika_lynn_1497 is offline   Reply With Quote