Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 03-14-2006, 04:21 PM   #1  

Default new and Gaining!

Yep, I've been on an exercise and diet plan for a month and a half and I'm....Gaining. Everyone says it's just muscle, but the number is kind of important to me. I've always just been chubby, and everytime I go to the doctors they tell me I should lose weight, since I was 8 years old. Now, I want it off and to finally hit the right mark on the height/weight chart, for the first time in my life! Hopefully, I'll start losing soon, it'S pretty depressing to go to the gym five days a week and gain weight.
DeVerdeArmonia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:26 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Welcome! tell us a little more about your diet plan and about you. What are your height and weight marks?
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 04:33 PM   #3  

65 kilos is about 145 pounds, so now I'm about 147, and my goal is about 125 pounds. I am a live in nanny so a lot of what I eat is provided by the family. My diet is mostly just watching portion sizes, not anything that goes a long a plan. I thought if I kept gaining I might start the Sacred Heart Diet, my friends mother had a lot of sucess with that. I excersise, lifting weights and about 35 min. cardio, five days a week. I'm 5 foot 4 inches. I'm 19 years old.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:38 PM   #4  

Boy, it is tough if someone is providing food for you.
I'm not familiar with the Sacred Heart Diet. Can you tell me a bit?
Old 03-14-2006, 04:45 PM   #5  

The Sacred Heart Diet was, I believe, developed by a hospitol of that name. It is a variety of soups and vegitable/meat combos that promote a high metabolism and consits of very few calories, but lots of fiber so you feel full. I've had the soup, and I even sometimes just make it because I like how it tastes. You can look it up, I think it's mostly good as a short term or detoxifying thing, but my friends's mom lost something like 50 pounds on it and has used (less intensivly) it to keep it off. There are all sorts of diets out there, but I really like veggie soup, so this sounds sustainable to me.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:13 PM   #6  

Vegetables and meat would be the thing!
I tell people that I eat lean proteins and things that grow
Have you done some reading around on the boards here?
Old 03-14-2006, 05:17 PM   #7  

I looked through a couple times. Today is my first day being registered. I followed a link on a blog of a fellow nanny who is having the same problems as I am with the lack of food control. She is doing so awsome, and has deffinatly supported me through all of this. Everyone here seems so informative and supporting, I'll deffinatly be here often.
Old 03-14-2006, 05:50 PM   #8  

That's good. Enjoy the site and I'll see you around.