Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-26-2006, 04:44 PM   #1  

Talking anyone wanna lose 20lbs by may w/ me?

I'm a freshman in college right now, going to be going back home in May, but leaving to Japan for about 3 years soon after.
I really don't want my weight to be something to worry about while I'm there, I wanna experience as much as I can and definitely take advantage of my newly single status (after 7 years!)

I'm 18 years old and 5'4" right now, I'm 140lbs.
My goal is 120 by May 1st...

Who's in?

I'm looking for someone to correspond daily with by email. I'll tell you what I'm eating and what's working/not working for me, if you do the same!

Last edited by ballison; 02-26-2006 at 04:49 PM.
ballison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 06:12 PM   #2  
used to be tofat

S/C/G: 189/128.5/130

Height: 5' 3 1/2"

Hi ballison. Are stats match up pretty good, and have similiar goals. I'm 5'3" and this morning the scale read 141. I'm shooting for 115 lbs, but am starting to rethink that (might be a little on the low side for me). I've been exercising alot lately, mostly cardio, and watching portion size instead of restricting foods. I'm 32 years old, but most days don't act it! If you want to help each other out with accountability and support let me know.
ArtsyGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 01:16 AM   #3  

Default Re

Hi!
I'm new here but in a similar situation. I used to run everyday for the past 8 years on track/cross-country teams. I had to stop this year due to school and work but as a result I have gained about 20lbs. I still eat the way I did when I was running 50 miles a week and I do no exercise. I just need to get motivated to maintain a healthy lifestyle and would like a buddy so that we could help each other out.

Height: 5'4
Current Weight: 130 lbs
Target Weight: 115 lbs

My target timeline is the summer for bathing suit season.
sunnygrl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 11:30 AM   #4  
Breakfast Fiend

S/C/G: 164/154/140

I'm in the same boat, ballison. 21, college junior, single. I'm 5'5" at 146 headed for 125 by May. I just started a LiveJournal of my weight, exercise and eating day by day. If you have your heart set on emailing daily, I don't know if I'd be up to that, but if you had a LJ or Xanga journal, I would totally read it daily and give encouragement.
ashliebelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 02:29 PM   #5  

Hi! My situation is very similar to all of you. I'm 20 and a junior in college, I'm 5'4" and around 130. I'm hoping to lose 20-25 lbs in the next few months. I've been having a lot of trouble lately keeping myself on track and motivated and I would like someone to email or IM daily to talk about goals and progress and to help me stay motivated.
uncfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 10:08 PM   #6  

I'd be happy to buddy up with anyone here. I just would really like someone to talk to via e-mail or IM each day to track each others progress and keep each other motivates. Let me know who's down! thanks
sunnygrl25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 09:17 AM   #7  

I'm in guy's anyone may pm me daily. My personal goal is to lose weight by May. We can do it by encouraging one another. LET'S DO THIS!
Focused is offline   Reply With Quote