Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-22-2006, 03:28 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 185/183/140

Wink Pepsi Addiction

Hi,
Hope this is where I'm to be..... I live in Wisconsin. I have just cut down on my Pepsi. I use to drink 6 cans a day, now I'm down to 3. I need to loose 40-45 lbs. I also just started exercising. I have no support in my family, so I thought I would look for some here and found 3FC and it looks wonderful!!! Does anyone know how much each Pepsi I cut out of my diet will make a difference. I plan to cut it all out within 2 weeks!!!
trudesill_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:07 PM   #2  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Well if you are drinking regular Pepsi and you have cut down from 6 to 3 a day you are saving about 480 calories. That is like a meal in itself. I think you will be very suprised at your weight lose when you cut it out all together. If you have a craving for a Pepsi though I think that Pepsi 1 is pretty good. If you can though just try to stick with water it is good for you and will make you fuller and there are no calories in it. Good Luck and keep trying
Tina30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:00 PM   #3  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

Hi
If you just cant stand plain water try crystal light mixes...I am on the 12 step program for Mountian Dew...lol (Hello my name is Leigh an its been 4 mths sence my last real Mountain dew.....LOL)
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:38 PM   #4  

Hi, I also use to drink pepsi all day. It's the one thing I miss. You really should just stick with sugar free drinks. It will get easier. I don't even think about pepsi anymore.
Queen of the Prairie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 197/183/150

I use to drink 6 diet cokes a day...I gave them up about a month ago. I also gave up nutrasweet..splenda is much better for you. They do make diet coke with splenda..I switched to water and now finally don't crave sodas anymore.. I do use the mixes thaqt you can put in water..lipton mandarin mango is great!!
sflasue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 12:06 PM   #6  
fat little dragoness

S/C/G: 172/171.5/130

I am more of a Sprite person than a Pepsi addict. Sprite is my soda of choice. I started drinking Sprite zero becasue it has no calories and no caffeine or sugar. I love tea, and drink it as often as I can. I have been drinking more water lately.
Sapphireangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 02:51 PM   #7  

Down to 2 a day!!!!! (Pepsi) I think in 1 week, I'll be done!!!!!
Old 02-25-2006, 05:39 PM   #8  
Michigan Old-Timer

Trudesell: Good for you at being able to reduce your Pepsi intake little by little. I was unable to do it that way. I had to go "cold turkey". That was 8 years ago. I have to say that it was very hard, but once I made up my mind to do it, it was done. I had major Caffeine withdrawal headaches for two weeks. I'm sure by gradually decreasing your Pepsi intake you will have avoided those. Good for you! BTW, once you're off of it completely for a few months, if you take a sip you will find it so sickening sweet you won't be able to stand it.
thinthinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 04:35 PM   #9  

Wink How long

How long after you quite drinking pepsi did the weight start coming off? I have replaced it with water. Just wondering.

trudesill
Old 02-26-2006, 04:52 PM   #10  
FiferJanis

S/C/G: 237.5/237.5/175

Height: 5'10"

7 years ago, I'd go through a 6-pack or 2 liter+ per day of regular Pepsi. Then I started "the big diet" and realized I'd either have to get used to drinking diet or not at all. I found diet Mountain Dew was a good "gateway" into the diet soda realm, as it didn't have quite the aftertaste as some of the others. Orange soda, too. Eventually, I got to the diet stuff, and now instead of flat out having soda, I have these fizzy carbonated water things. No calories, no carbs, no sodium... and you can get them anywhere, and they taste like peach soda, black cherry soda, etc. (Clear Choice, etc.)

--Janis
busker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 08:08 PM   #11  
Getting back on track

Height: 5' 9"

Hi - I have lost about 40 pounds since October, mainly from giving up Coke and walking 3 or 4 miles a day. I was drinking about 96 ounces of Coke a day and now drink water or iced tea with Sweet n' low.

It's a tough habit to break but it makes a HUGE difference in your weight! Keep at it!! It's worth it!
icmethinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 08:14 PM   #12  
Stinger

S/C/G: 0/0/0

Height: 5'5

I can relate I too love pepsi. I had not bought any for a couple of weeks and really had not missed it until my husband bought some and asked me to pour him a glass. Since then I've had a taste for it. I figure if I didn't miss it while it wasn't in the house I was not going to let it have the best of me while it is in the house. I'll drink water instead.

From my daughter she says: Dont worry too much I know someone who went throught the same thing and she worked it out.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:13 PM   #13  
FiferJanis

(drinking a diet pepsi right now) I allow myself one diet pepsi for lunch (at work when I go to the caffeteria). Even that makes me feel a little guilty, but it's only once every couple of days (most times I bring my lunch & fizzy-water), so I don't get too upset over it. I just make sure I drink plenty of water afterwards to make up for the dehydrating effects of the caffeine, and to flush it out.

--Janis
Old 02-27-2006, 04:15 PM   #14  
FiferJanis

(drinking a diet pepsi right now) I allow myself one diet pepsi for lunch (at work when I go to the caffeteria). Even that makes me feel a little guilty, but it's only once every couple of days (most times I bring my lunch & fizzy-water), so I don't get too upset over it. I just make sure I drink plenty of water afterwards to make up for the dehydrating effects of the caffeine, and to flush it out. There's always diet pepsi at home, but lately, it doesn't even tempt me. Mostly, because I've found I've been sleeping a lot better if I don't have the caffeine at night, and I'm never home until it's too late to be drinking caffeine anyway. If there's some caffeine-free around, I might have a glass, but most times, I just drink my water.

--Janis