Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Old 02-20-2006, 11:49 AM   #1  
It's my perogative!

S/C/G: 249/247/180

Height: 5'6"

Default Loosing weight, gaining skin?

I have recently lost a lot of weight and the more I lose, the more depressed and sad I get when I look at my body. Kinda makes me feel like I looked better heavy. Everyone tells me not to worry cause I am young and my skin will bounce back, but a I am not so sure. Anyone here lost a lot of weight and not had a huge issue with loose skin?
ilovemike4alwayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:01 PM   #2  

Hi and welcome. It's a really common concern that you have and we have a great thread dedicated to loose skin

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36040

There's no easy answers. You won't know what your skin will look like til you get there, we all very with our skin elasticity. It's not something that worries me particularly, anything has to be better than the fat!!!
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:21 PM   #3  
It's my perogative!

Thank you for posting that link. It really made me feel better. I guess I will just have to wait and see once I hit my goal weight.
Old 02-20-2006, 03:01 PM   #4  
Feeling the burn

Congrats on your weight loss! That's amazing

And yeah, don't worry about the skin too much. Mine sorta plays catch up once it's a while. Hopefully it won't stay too far behind lol Some weeks it looks all saggy and then it sorta fixes itself. I'm not sure how it will look by the time I'm done, but meh! Who cares? As long as the fat's gone.

Your skin might have looked better when you were bigger, but I'm sure you feel a billion times better *in* your own skin now though, right?

Wishing everyone good luck and here's to our skin keeping up with our bodies
Fit_Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 10:58 AM   #5  
It's my perogative!

Smile I do feel better

Your right, I do feel a millions time better. I remember when walking used to be a chore itself and now I realize that I dont mind walking anywhere. Just little things I took for granted that I now have back. My ultimate goal is to be able to jog for a long period of time.