Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 06:47 PM   #1  

Default Hello out there!

I'm excited to have found this website.

I'm a 25 year old female who is overweight and ready for a change. I feel like I've tried every diet out there, and the decision this time is to make healthy, life-long decisions. I want to eat healthier, live healthier and feel healthier. Whatever it takes, I'm determined. The lightbulb finally went off and there's no turning it out.

I started a journal to be able to put my thoughts down daily. It is a way of making myself accountable for my actions. I'm also looking forward to getting to know everyone here. I've already been browsing the forums, and everyone seems so helpful and supportive. What a great place this is!

I got started on this journey last week - my first weigh-in is on Tuesday. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Thanks for reading. See ya around the boards!
Old 11-27-2005, 06:55 PM   #2  

Hi baby_steps! Welcome to the board! I'm also wanting to live a healthier lifestyle. I have been posting under a thread called "Question". My buddy and I are trying to lose 2lbs per week (I'll even settle for 1lb!). Feel free to join us! I try to post everyday with my menu (for food accountability) and just to check in to see how my buddy is doing. I'm a 24 year old female. I lost 40 lbs last year and have gained most of it back. Good luck to you (and all of us) on your weight loss journey! I will keep my fingers crossed for your weigh in on Tuesday!
Old 11-27-2005, 07:09 PM   #3  
one step at a time

Welcome, babysteps! I also just joined and am really motivated by all the others here. What type of program are you following?

Good luck with your first weigh-in!
Old 11-27-2005, 07:37 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by baby_steps
I want to eat healthier, live healthier and feel healthier. Whatever it takes, I'm determined. The lightbulb finally went off and there's no turning it out.
Hear hear!! I'm newish as well, and am here for exactly the same reasons. *nodnod* What made the lightbulb go off for you? For me it was the combo of a hospital stay and watching a Discovery program about obesity -- just clicked together, and I had simply made up my mind. You know?

Best wishes to you!!
Closed Thread