Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2005, 04:55 PM   #1  

Default New "Fat Chick" Here

Hello everyone,

My name is Amanda, I'm 27 and live in SW Pennsylvania. I have been married (4) years to my husband Matt and we have a (1) yr old daughter named Teagan Elisabeth. I've pretty much been struggling with my weight my entire life,I have PCOS and have never been able to keep the weight off. In 2000 I lost 54lbs in 6 months by eating less than 20g of fat per day, I got married and gained it ALL back. DH and I went through Infertility treatments to get pregnant, my starting weight was around (270) I got pregnant with twins but sadly the pregnancy ended at 21w3d when I went into preterm labor, at the time of their birth I was tipping the scales at 290. We got pregnant again Jan/04 and I weighed in at (293) my highest weight during the pregnancy was (304) and then I was dx with Gestational Diabetes and had to follow a diabetic diet ( low carb, high protein) and started losing weight, at the time of delivery I was (260) Somehow I managed to let myself gain the weight back, guess it was probably a lot of snacking during those late night feedings and now here I sit at (290). I went back on the diabetic diet this past Sunday and so far I'm doing really well.

My short term goal is 20lbs and my long term goal is 110lbs

Looking forward to meeing some new friends.

Amanda
Old 11-09-2005, 05:11 PM   #2  
Gonna Be Gorgeous!

Hi Amanda! Welcome to 3FC. There is a lot of support and encouragement in here. Just look in the forums and read the threads that interest you. I'm sure you will have new friends in no time...starting with me! Talk to ya soon
Old 11-09-2005, 07:06 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 227/210/150

Height: 5'4"

Default Hi Amanda

Amanda,

I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your twins. You are so blessed to have Teagan, what a beautiful name. I would love to buddy up and talk. My name is Jaime and I am 24, been married for almost three years and we have a son that is 15 months old. I just miscarried a few months ago and we are trying to get pregnant now. I feel like I need to be very healthy to carry again. Thus, I am here, trying to get emotional and mental support and lose weight. Anyway, good luck. I know you can do it! You can write anytime!
Old 11-09-2005, 10:37 PM   #4  
My Motivator = Jillian!

Welcome Amanda! You will definitely find the support & motivation you need here! If you ever need a kick in the butt ... I'll be here for ya!
Old 11-10-2005, 12:09 PM   #5  

Default Hi Amanda

I just started here too. Keep your chin up!!!!
I have 2 kids, 5 and 1 years and also had gest. diabetes. I lost weight while on the eating plan and am really considering starting it again. It did teach me how to eat clean! I have just recently hit a plateau and am getting p.o.'d
I'll gladly be a bud for you! Oh yeah, I live in the burbs of Philly, another Pennsylvanian!
Closed Thread