Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2005, 03:41 PM   #1  
Losing for Life!

Default Buddies Christmas Goal Group Nov 1/05

Everyone!

We have gotten to be a pretty large group and it is getting hard to keep track of everyone so I have moved us over here to start fresh.

Everyone and anyone who has a Christmas goal is welcome here. We are doing amazing so far. It has been mentioned that we should do a total lost weigh in soon and I agree but I would like you all to PM me with your total lost so far by the end of the week and I will total it up and post how much we have lost up till then.

We can do it again at the end of the month and then again the Friday before Christmas.

I haven't had a chance to welcome some of you yet, But I will get to it soon, Don't forget to be thinking about those special low cal recipes to share on the thread I will be starting this week. I am still working on mine.

Congrats to everyone, just by being on this thread you have made a step in the right direction.

My weigh in was today and I am down another 2 for a total of 20. I feel so much better and can even walk a lot farther without wanting an oxygen hookup! I should be able to dance by Christmas at this rate
Old 11-01-2005, 04:52 PM   #2  
Becs to my friends

Hello again!

Isn't it amazing how small losses can make huge differences? I live in an upstairs flat and I know that if I lose just 3 or 4 pounds from where I am now the walk upstairs is soooo much easier. I feel very motivated today!
Old 11-01-2005, 05:35 PM   #3  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

I started posting on the old thread and reading some of the posts to get caught up and then I saw it. We are on a new thread. Guess I should read then start a new post. Guess I am a bit brain dead. So here I am copying and pasting what I typed over there. I can't wait to see what we have all lost to date. I think it will be amazing to see what we do by Christmas. Last weigh in for me will be Christmas morning. Hopefully, it will be a great present to myself.(Besides celebrating Christmas with my family) I am hoping to be in Iowa for Christmas. I haven't been there in about 5 years. It will be great.

Welcome to the group, Emily. My youngest daughter's name is Emily. I think a goal of 10 lbs is great. Plus if you lose more then that then it will a bigger accomplishment. I can relate to getting family members to join in on losing weight. When I was living in Iowa with family, it was easy because my mother and aunt both wanted to lose weight. I would walk about 4 miles a day with my aunt. Then I moved to Vermont and have no family so it is hard to find someone to join. I agree. Sushi?? Raw fish?? Yuck.. No thankies.

Kelleen Trust me when I say I know how you feel about getting on the scale. I used to be petrified to get on one. I think I was in denial due to I knew I was fat and I really was scared to see how high I had let my weight go. I now find that I weigh in everyday. I don't worry if the number fluctuates. I mostly focus on my weigh in day. I just find I more comfortable knowing on a daily basis. Besides, I think I would let myself go if I didn't keep it in check. Good luck with your goal. You can do it.

Trixi Can't wait to see those before and after pics. I keep telling myself that I need to have the DH take some of me. Guess I am still afraid to see. I hate having my picture taken, but I know it would be nice to share with everyone when I finally accomplish my goal weight. It is so inspiring to see before and afters. Let's me know that I too can do it.

Niecey Sounds like you burned some calories so you shouldn't feel bad about having some sweets. I keep telling myself that I can't deprieve myself too much. I bought some Junior mints. I only eat 2 at a time. Preferably 2 a day. Gives me a hint of chocolate and it really does satisfy me. Surprisingly, I am amazed.

willyburgr2 Congrats on only having a few chocolates and yes it is better to have something small then having something big or king sized. And no you don't have to keep copying and pasting your weight tracker. You should be able to put it in as your signature and it will show up every time that you post. Try that. I'm not good at explaining things sometimes. Keep up the walking.

Today was a good day for me. I hopped on the scales and well it said I was down almost 2 pounds. I am not getting my hopes up because I still have til Sunday for my official WI day. But boy I sure that is a continuing trend. Maybe I can have a good loss.

Well I am going to go through my email and doodle on the computer for a little bit.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:00 PM   #4  
Losing for Life!

Glad you guys made it over here,

thbecer, it is amazing how the weight loss improves everything, I no longer have folds of fat hanging over my knees that was by far the grossest thing I have ever experienced.

I have a bit of a busy schedual this week but I am so looking forward to seeing the progress all of you have made.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:07 PM   #5  
Losing for Life!

Todays Quote:

Take twice as long to eat half as much.
Anonymous

I have been doing this and though it is sometimes hard to wait between bites, I really feel so much more satisfied and a little proud of myself too.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:05 AM   #6  
Marching To Her Own Beat

Sheri - way to go on your loss!!!
Old 11-02-2005, 12:09 AM   #7  
Marching To Her Own Beat

Hello all! Just wanted to let you know that I went to my WI today (technically yesterday now) and I was down another pound. So I too am down 20 lbs. I'm so excited! I have a long ways to go, but reaching this goal means so much to me. Now onto conquering that Thanksgiving goal.
Old 11-02-2005, 12:24 AM   #8  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Congrats to you both. herownbeat & Sheri on your losses. Getting closer to the Christmas goal. I weighed today. It said I was down about 2 lbs but I don't officially WI until Sunday so I am not going by that number. Atleast not just yet.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:24 AM   #9  
Marching To Her Own Beat

Good job on your progress thus far. I know that your preview has to make you happy. :-)
Old 11-02-2005, 12:32 PM   #10  
Cynical RedHead

Hi everyone! I have been home sick for a couple of days and am totally behind on posting. I did notice we have a new thread though! I went to a wedding Saturday and ate and drank quite a bit. I didn't gain any weight, but didn't lose any either. Plus i have been sick so have not been exercising for the last three days, and probably not today either.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 11-02-2005, 03:53 PM   #11  

Congratulations on your losses! I'm so proud of all of you! 20 Pounds is amazing! That's a whole huge sack of potatoes! You are an inspiration!

But I need to vent a little. Deep somewhere inside my mind, I firmly believe that moderation is the key. But why is it SO HARD? I broke down and ate a huge bag of Lays last night. I wanted to have just one serving, but they call to me.... I think I might have to do a kitchen-cleanse. But it's so sad.... Maybe I can give some to friends.

Oof. But in the past month, I was able to curb my morning Noah's Asiago bagel & cream cheese addiction. So that's a little triumph right? I dropped 5 pounds in one month, changing nothing else. Yay!

Now for this week.... my scale wasn't kind this morning, but it's only day 2 since I really started back on program.

OK, best of luck to all!

Emily
Old 11-02-2005, 04:50 PM   #12  
Losing for Life!

lazeedayzee, I know all about potato chips, I cannot have them in the house but I love them so I let myself have them on Tuesday. I go to Subway for a 6" sub and get a 28gram bag of their Lay's regular and I throw the bottom half of the sub bun cause I just don't believe it is only 5 points for that sub and I also don't much like bread. Then I have those chips with the sub. I usually only eat half the bag and save the rest for snack later. I enjoy each end every one of those chips.

It sounds like you are doing well aside from the chips, remember not to buy the big bags and you should be fine.
Old 11-02-2005, 06:28 PM   #13  

Well I have been good all day, eggs for breakfast, chickenbreast with salad for lunch and I have a roast slow cooking at home for dinner. Drank some water today not nearly enough and I went to Curves. Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I am hoping to show a loss in inches. So far I have gone down from a tight size 20W to a 10 and hoping for more. Tonight my challenge is not to drink any of the beer I have at home (wish me luck)

I am a super freak about bread, potatos, rice and anything else with carbs. It's what I crave. Don't eat sweets at all but can relate to having to give up something you love.

Sheri - C, It's sure is hard to control what you have been doing for so many years and I don't know how long you have been on this journey but from my exeperience you get use to eating right and start to crave good foods. It becomes habit and the days you will have something "bad" will not seem like you are giving up but rather giving yourself a treat because you know you only did it that one time and it's didn't set you back forever. Allow yourself to have something sinful once in a while. I would recommend getting use to the goods foods first however, it does not take that long, really I promise.

Take Care all.
Old 11-02-2005, 11:31 PM   #14  
Marching To Her Own Beat

I get the 100 calorie cups of potato chips by pringles. They come in individual cups and you still get plenty. That cures my potato chip craving each and every time.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:44 AM   #15  
Cynical RedHead

Herownbeat - I agree. I buy a lot of products in single serve containers. That keeps me honest to myself about how much I am really eating, and also helps me see what a portion size really is. For example - single-serve cottage cheese - not very big. If I were to just scoop out some cottage cheese to eat, I would probably eat twice that amount.

Trixi - it sounds as if you ate very healthy yesterday. How did you do on not drinking the beer? I am going to try to not have anything alcoholic until Thanksgiving.
Closed Thread