Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 12:46 PM   #16  

Fishwoman......beer? hmmm...well at least there isn't any left in my fridge...Went to weight in today and when I had indicated that I was 144 I was alittle off and since I need to get honest myself I have decided to get honest with you all as well. I am actually 146 (boohoo) and so this challenge will be 16 pounds by Christmas. I was down 3.5 inches from last month, which I will take thankyouverymuch.

Made Salmon in tomatoes for lunch today and for dinner I am not sure yet. But it will not be chased down with a beer thats or sure. I am not going to have anything alocholic for as long as possible.
Old 11-03-2005, 03:07 PM   #17  
Losing for Life!

Trixi, What an achievement to go from a size 20 to a 10! You Rock!
And I hope you are right, I know I have to expect it to take awhile but I just want to zoom ahead……..

herownbeat , Yeah I have those once in awhile too, but I am afraid I like the fat and salt on the Lay’s better so I let myself have them once in awhile. I know it uses a lot of points but I have learned that I would rather use those points on something I really crave that eat an alternative as I usually eat much more than I should looking for what I want!

FishWoman, I love single serving containers also, too bad we can’t get everything in them!

Trixi , Good for you trixi, It is easier to build on success and to me facing a small error is a success and you built on that by doing the salmon and tomatos.

We sure are a strong group here, lot’s of power to draw from when we feel weak!
Old 11-03-2005, 03:18 PM   #18  
Becs to my friends

Yay!

I didn't expect to lose anything this week at my WI but I did want to stay the same so imagine my surprise when I found out I LOST 2 POUNDS!!!!

I know it doesn't sound that much but for the last few weeks I've been going up not down and I really didn't expect it to be so easy to turn it around. I feel so good that I'm actually on the way to my Christmas Goal this week instead of next week - I even shouted 'yes!' while on the scales at class! I might be a bit embarrassed about that later but, hey, I'm just so pleased!

Well done to everyone else who lost too, especially lil disney - 7lbs is amazing, what's your secret?
Old 11-03-2005, 04:01 PM   #19  
Losing for Life!

Excellent, keep it going girl!
Old 11-03-2005, 04:23 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 220/220/160

I weighed in this morning. I was trying to stay off that darn scale until Monday but I got it bad for the scale..LOL

Since starting Monday, I've lost 2 lbs.

I really need to do better about eating junk. I had some in my office and I KNOW thats a no no for me. I'm a person who can't have any junk in the house or I'll eat the whole thing in one sitting and if I do bring some to work, I have to ask my boss to hold on to my snacks for me and tell her to only give me one a day... Well, if I want to eat stuff like that, I'll have to let her dole it out to me.

Did do my weight training program last night, upper and lower body workout.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:26 PM   #21  

Hi guys!

Potato Chips would have to be a swear word for me! It is my ultimate weakness, so I avoid them at all cost! I am interested in
Quote:
100 calorie cups of potato chips by pringles
, this we don't have, we ony have the single serve chips for kids for school(multipacks of dorritos, lays or smiths.... NO pringles)but alas I go from eating one to eating all i have in the cupboard.

Last week I only lost a pound! but I was still working hard and eating well. I think the body works in strange ways at times, and I just need to keep my head up until the next weigh in!

My biggest problem is that I still feel really really fat! I used to be 279.4 and beyond (the scale was clocked and wont read past that and the needle was ALL the way and past the 279kg) but now I am 199, but I still feel like the 279! I know even when I am at my goal I still feel like the fat person! And because I feel fat, I think "oh ****, why bother I will always be fat, and I reach for the food!"
Has anyone got any clues to how to change those thoughts????? I have stood in front of my mirror and yes I see a better me, but I still feel fat? I have my FIL that now calls me "bones" which is quite flattering, but still I feel fat!!!!!!!!!!!
Sometimes I think on why I should be bothered trying to stay a healthy weight when in fact I feel like the fat person anyhow, and I might as well enjoy the food I am depriving myself on. And be the person I feel like...................

Sorry for putting a negative thought in! but I am sure I am not the only one to get this. And I am hoping someone has a way to get past it......

This time I want to lose the weight for GOOD! not to get there and give up.

cheers
Sonja

Last edited by icedragon6669; 11-03-2005 at 04:28 PM.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:31 PM   #22  
Losing for Life!

Default How Much Have We Lost So Far?

We now have 40 People on this thread who are aiming for a Christmas Goal!

to everyone, just by joining this thread you have made a good start toward reaching that goal.

As a group; those of you who have posted goal signatures, this is what we have achived!

33 POUNDS GONE

Now that is only 9 out of the 40 who are on the thread so those of you who don't have a signature go get one on here so I can keep track of the losses or you can just PM me with your total weight loss at the end of each week and I will keep a running total.

We are an Amazing Group of Stong People!!

Old 11-03-2005, 04:42 PM   #23  
Losing for Life!

Sonja, You have done very well and your 7 pounds off is a big part of the groups 33 so you are a very valued member of the thread.

I know what you mean about feeling fat, I am way over 300 lbs and it is hard to focus on anything other than the pudgy me I see in the mirror.

Just by reading your post I hear "fear" in there so what are you afraid of? What will happen if you let yourself believe in your success?

I know I am afraid of what I will look like and how people will treat me when I get thinner and what am I going to have to protect me? I was once a pretty good looking girl and got a lot of attention that I didn't know how to handle. Will I still have a problem with that?

I had to tell myself it doesn't matter as those things are all just roadblocks I am setting up to get in my way. I decided that I would use those blocks as stepping stones and push them out of my way.

I will deal with each problem as it arises and not slow my success by worrying about it before I need to.

If you are afraid to be thin or even afraid to think about why you might be afraid talk to us, either here or PM or someone close to you.

I have been working on this for 36 years now and I can tell you it only gets harder to start again and harder to be overweight.

I know you can find the roadblock and kick it out of your way because I have done that, and if I can you can, we all can.

We are here to help, Stay Strong!
Old 11-03-2005, 06:05 PM   #24  

Hi Everyone - hope I am not intruding. I would like to join you ladies in losing before xmas - i have like 45 lbs I want to get off total, but 10 by xmas would be great. I have always found that if I have a buddy to egg me on that I do so much better then doing it by myself. Anyone wanna be my buddy?
Old 11-03-2005, 06:33 PM   #25  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

Thbecer & Niecey Way to go on the 2lbs gone. Keep up the good work gals. That's great.

Sonja I so know what you mean about feeling that I was meant to be fat. Sometimes I wonder why do I even bother losing weight. I will probably just gain it all back. I know when I get down to 180 I am still going to feel fat because I don't really know what I look like past that. I think my biggest fear is being thin. Guess it's scary to think that I could lose all this weight and actually look good. Part of me thinks what if I don't like myself thinner. What if I still feel ugly? What kind of attention will I get? Is this the kind of attention that I want? In a way, it would be really nice to have men turn their heads and look at me because they find me beautiful instead of turning their heads thinking why would she want to be like that. It's really tough to think about. I know in the long run I am making this lifestyle change so I can be healthier.

Wow 9 out of 40 and we have a 33 lb loss. That's great. Imagine how much that will jump with the rest added into that. Fantastic. We are really doing great. Let's keep up the good work ladies.

saksgirl You are definitely not intruding. The more the merrier. Jump right on in.

So far I am doing quite well. Can't wait to get on the scale Sunday. So far I am still showing 2 more lbs off but I am not getting me hopes up yet. I still have 3 more days to the official WI day. Wish me luck all. I am shooting for 3 lbs.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:42 PM   #26  
Nicole

S/C/G: 252/ticker/150

Height: 5' 10"

I've been a little scarce lately. This was a rough week, school wise. I think all professors get together and schedule tests and projects due the same week. Ugh! I still have a paper to write. I've still been fitting in time to work out, although it's been at odd hours, and I've been eating healthy.

Sheri - just wanted to make sure you got my weight loss. I have a ticker, but I haven't posted since the new thread started. I'm not sure when we started counting either.

Oct 17 (starting) - 215
Oct 24 - 212
Oct 31 - 209
6 lbs lost since starting, but I haven't actually weighted yet in Nov.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:39 AM   #27  

Hey. Crazy I just found this place! Its so great that other people have the same goal as me. It gives you something to work towards.. in August I found a "30 lbs by Christmas" community on LJ (Livejournal) and that has been my goal ever since, I've had it in my siggy the whole time I have been here.

Right now I have only 5 pounds to go. I can't wait to be 145 for the first time since high school.. I am only 5'1" tall so extra weight REALLY weighs me down (cheesy I know) so I'd love to be around 106 of course but 112 is my realistic goal (should be 115 though..), 132 is a good normal healthy weight though too, so I wouldn't mind being around there either.

All of you are so blessed to have a positive attitude and persistance, that's what really pays off in the end. God bless all of ya, lets work hard together and make this happen!

-M
Old 11-04-2005, 04:03 PM   #28  
Losing for Life!

Saksgirl, Welcome, no your not intruding anyone and everyone who is trying to reach a Christmas goal is welcome. We want those 10 pounds of yours to include in our total for the Friday before Christmas. So we will be cheering you on all the way!!

Anniefannie, I am sure you will do at least the 2 and hey with 3 more days to go you might even do more!

Nikel1979, Yes I included your 6 pounds in the total, Way To Go! I know how hard it must be for you to stay on track with all the work you have to do right now so that is even more amazing, you are inspiring to say the least!

Peppamint, Welcome, glad you found us here we need all your pounds to add to our total! You are doing great we can use you to cheer the rest of us on!
Old 11-04-2005, 05:41 PM   #29  

Boring omlet with no toast for breaskfast, boring greek salad for lunch....ordering Pizza for the family tonight so at least I will get to smell it while I eat more boring salad...

Lately I have also been thinking about, will I ever be happy with my body and feel that it would be maintenance time or will I continue to feel fat and always unsatisfied. I know I have lost tons and the total inches add up to 46 and half lost but there are times I feel like I did when I was 187. I constantly look in the mirror, not because of how good I think I look but to see assure myself that I have lost it and it's not coming back. I sometimes pull out my old clothes and try them on to make sure they are still to big for me. I guess even if I get to my goal I will still have these issues. I am proud of myself for doing what I have done so far but I am not sure if I will ever be happy totally. But then again, it's not all about the actual weight is it? There are other aspects of our lives that we might never be happy with but we got to keep on keepin.

I do know that health wise I am getting better and if the image wise does not get better at least I will have several more years to hate my body....We got to think in the terms of health as well and not just image. What we are doing is trying to be able to do more things and live longer and yes we want to look good doing them but I have never seen a pretty skeleton have you? Food for thought, and I only have words cause I ain't got no food....geesh I am hungry.

Take care ladies.
Old 11-04-2005, 05:43 PM   #30  

Oh by the way, I am not being uncooporative, I just can't seem to figure the ticker thing out and no matter how I try it won't appear, I can take care of a family, full time job, three animals but can't figure out how to add that darn ticker.
Closed Thread