Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2005, 02:14 PM   #1  

Smile New Here....

Hello Everyone,
This really looks like a great site. I am hoping to find success in weight loss this time. I am so ready. It has taken me a few months to get off the first 13 pounds but, I am doing it the right way....I'd like to think. I started off weighing 270 and I am now at 257. I originally was going to have Gastric Bypass but changed my mind after being uncertain if I wanted to have another baby. But, in the mean time, each week, starting back in August, I set up weekly things that I would do. The first week, I stopped drinking soda. The next week, I gave up Starbucks, the next week, I worked on taking my vitamins and drinking my water. The next week, I started walking. Just recently, I finally gave up fast food. If anyone is having a problem with fast food, I suggest that you READ the book, "Don't Eat This Book" by Morgan Spurlock, it was extreemly eye opening at how totally disgusting and bad for you fast food is....I am so glad that I read it. I limited my life to water with lemon and tea. (Decaf) The other thing I started to do was shop at an organic grocery store. I thought that it would be way more expensive than my local Safeway or Albertsons (big chains) but, it is not. Most of their foods are 0 trans fats and pretty good for you. All the meat is grassfed cows (REALLY IMPORTANT FOR ME) and no hormones in the milk (good for those of us that have young daughters....homones in milk is a big cause of early menses in this generation) I actually started losing weight well, my last weigh in with the clinic before I changed my mind was Sept. 13, 2005. So, 13 pounds in 4 weeks. I have had no change in the last 2 weeks because *I* have not been sticking to the plan. October is a big birthday month for us and we have been eating out a lot. Still making ok choices just a lot of "extras" I would not normally eat. No excuses, no getting depressed, there was no gain and that is what is important. I also just had surgery and have not yet been allowed to start exercising. I had a bladder lift, a gift to myself after 5 babies!! Anyway, I am rambling on. I work full time and am a single mom. Life couldnt be better. I just have to keep on being positive and KNOW that this time next year....life will be even better. The other thing I did that I found extreemly helpful was making small goals for myself. 10% of my body weight. My first goal is 27 pounds by thanksgiving which is still another 17 pounds in a month...I doubt I will reach it but its ok. I will be pretty darn close. At that time, I will make my new goal, 10% of my body weight on Thanksgiving and give myself until Valentines day....and so on. Anyway, sorry I blabbed on but, I look forward to getting to know you all here and following eachothers weight loss SUCCESSES!!

Last edited by GoingFor150; 10-23-2005 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Forgot to add....
Old 10-23-2005, 02:27 PM   #2  

Welcome!! And Congrats on doing so well already!! I wish I could give up pop it's my major downfall. But I have cut down on trips through the coffee shop drive through. I only paid them one visit last week and I made sure to get a skinny latte with sugar free flavoring.

I don't think your plans sound to unrealistic. I set my first goal at 24 pounds by 1/1/06 but really I'd like to have doubled that I just didn't see it happening so I stuck with the 24. So far I've got 6 of that taken care of and still going strong.

I know that extra activities makes eating healthy a little difficult. If you know what's gonna be on the menu then I would go to calorie king and kind of plan things out. That's what I've started doing before I cook or we go out to eat.

Good luck and I hope to see you around.
Closed Thread