Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 06:34 AM   #1  

Default Looking Fat, Feeling Miserable. Glad I found you all.

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and so very glad I found it. Two weeks ago I weighed 196lbs and looked ready to have a baby, I went out and bought the books You are What You Eat after watching the show on television, I went out and bought all the groceries I needed for the first 2 weeks, and I am happyto say I have lost 10 lbs that = 5lbs per week, and the tum is nowhere near as bloated looking. Yesterday I went out and bought a treadmill, yeah I know they are expensive, but I am so self concious of the way I look I wont go out walking, and when I go out to do the grocery shopping I go at night. I have also lost two wonderful men in my life because of the way I see myself, and have become quiet the recluse. Yes, this weight is very detremental to me psychologically and physically, but I am going to give it my best, and the last 2 weeks I have proven that atleast for the last 2 weeks I have done something positive for myself. Tomorrow I start to use the treadmill. I recommend Gillian McKeiths advice to anyone, even though its been only two weeks I actually feel a dramatic change in the way I feel. I also suffer with acid reflux, and in the last two weeks have not needed to take even one tablet for it, and thats saying something. I have a long way to go, would like to be 126 lbs, I just need to keep focused in the way that I am right now. Good luck to all of you, I know its a tough road to travel. I actually found it was easier to give up smoking after 25 yrs, than it is to stick with a healthy eating plan.
Hugs and good luck
Spears-Of-Joy
Old 10-22-2005, 06:52 AM   #2  
Opulent

Keep up the good work! Taking care of yourself is something to be proud of.
Old 10-22-2005, 07:05 AM   #3  

Hi Yogini, thanks for your response of good wishes, I sure do need it, I have let myself go downhill really bad, and its time to pick myself up again. Good luck to you to :-)
Old 10-22-2005, 11:42 AM   #4  
Journey To The Thin Me

S/C/G: 252/234/140

Height: 5'4

It sounds like you are on the right track to reaching your goal. I suggest setting up small goals to get to instead of looking at the big picture of 126 lbs. Just have to take one day at a time. I had around 100 lbs to lose. Now I am down to just 75. Still seems like alot to me but boy it does feel good to lose. I just wish I could see some bigger loses from week to week but I do know that a lose is better than a gain any day. So Congrats to you for beginning a new healthy life. And welcome. If you ever want to talk or need support, you can pm me anytime. Take care.
Old 10-22-2005, 12:20 PM   #5  
Pica

Congrats on your start. I also just started exercising on Oct 4. Hopefully it's a good "habit I can get into and stay with it. So far I'm trying to use portion control, but like you I think I might need a book with specific things to eat. I've put you on my buddy list so I can look at other postings you make. Hope that's OK.
Good Luck Pica
Old 10-24-2005, 09:33 AM   #6  

Hi Pica , thanks for the response, yes I got into the You Are What You Eat books by Dr Gillian McKeith, it motivated me so much I got all the fatty foods out the house and then did a shop for only what was required. I completely changed my diet in those first 2 weeks, and all I could think of each day was..I cant mess it up after all the dollars I spent on this so called healthy food lol. And I was amazed at how well it works, yes inthe books are the diets and recipes, and so far all taste really nice. I also take 2 Spirulina every morning, 2 chlorella every morning, and 1 high potency vitamin B, and it really is all working and I am beginning to feel the difference. I have alot of work to do on the treadmill to, I can only do 15mins at a time on a slow speed, but I will pick up, I darn well better that is lol. I saw Pavarotti on tv the other day, he can barely walk, and sings sitting down, his weight cannot take him, and I thought, geeze! that will be me if I dont stick with this. Anyway each morning is started with hot water with a squeeze of lemon juice, then its those tablets I mentioned, then carrot juice, then brown whupper bread with a spread of Tahini. I couldnt stand the taste of Tahini, but now I like it, its sesame flavored spread. Then lunch I have chicken breast meat ( no skin) and water thin crackers and salad. Dinner then is some diced up Leek that I steam, then in a oven dish I place some spinach, then on top of that the leeks that have become soft because of the steaming, and then on top of that you place a salmon steak, then on top of that squeeze some lemon juice, also some organic olive oil and crushed garlic and crushed ginger. Bake it for 30 mins, and believe me it is absolutely delicious. this is how I have been eating and the weight is just dropped off in the first 2 weeks, I am into my 3rd week now and still sticking to it. Hope I havent bored anyone with my long post, but I was just trying to help someone that may be battling as I have been, and still are.
Hugs to you all and good luck.
Spears Of Joy
Old 10-24-2005, 11:47 AM   #7  

Height: 5'1"

Spears of Joy, Good Going! You are well on your way to a more healthy you!!! Also a much slimmer, trimmer you! You have made so many positive changes. The eating healthy and the exercise will get you there. Don't dispair of only being able to do 15 minutes on the treadmill. You will increase your indurance and you and your lungs will benefit. Can I suggest one more thing? I have found that lifting light weights add so much. We women are often weak in the upper extremities. It makes such a difference in weight loss too. Opra said on one of her programs about weight loss that she never truely lost the weight and kept it off intill she started lifting weights. You can pick some up cheap when they go on sale and there are many books and tapes you can get at the library.

Good luck to you! I know you are going to make it. You have taken all the necessary steps for success!
Old 10-24-2005, 10:18 PM   #8  

Hi there the slim me, nice to hear from you. Thanks for your words of encouragement, and I will go out and look for some weights and build up the strength, I do have those rubber type bands that are great, the ones you put both feet in, and then pull the rubber bands up with your hands, I dont use it often enough, and the truth is, your post reminded me I had the bands hung up in the cupboard lol and havent used it for months, so now its out and next to the treadsmill, who knows with all of this happening, my living room may end up looking like a fitness gym lol...oh and lets not forget about me..I will look like the fitness guru lol. Love Denise Austins tapes, I have pulled them out the cupboard to, wonder if i could ever look like her ...oh geeze! is that wishful thinking or what. lol.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:37 PM   #9  

Height: 5'1"

Hi, No it's not wishful thinking to think that you may be able to look like DA! It's something to aspire to. Every little bit helps and using the bands in addition to the treadmill will start making those muscles show up in places that you didn't even know you had muscles! How is the eating going? Exercised every day?
Closed Thread